The Reintegration Thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
while strauss is taking a lot of hits deservedly for most part, i guess the main blame should lie with Colin graves, the book was over, KP moved on, despite some unrest that was mainly due to ENG odi debacle than pieterson itself.. but it was graves that bought KP back into contention probably hoping he wouldn't play or wouldn't be able to score.

A lot was talked about him as straight forward etc but if he cant keep his word, i cant see him being a leader to a cricket board. Strauss is there onyl because he is appointed by graves. Anyone sane wouldn't have appointed a player with recent history as well as no managerial experience to run the team.

Indeed a lot of horrific @#%ing lies going on by the ECB, plus KP revealed this in his telegraph article:

"I had a meeting with Andrew Strauss and Tom Harrison [the new chief executive of the England and Wales Cricket Board] on Monday night. I expressed my fear to Tom last week when he asked for the meeting that I did not want to sit in a room and be told that I was not going to be picked for England again.

I have been down that route before and I knew I would be in the middle of a game for Surrey which would need my whole focus and concentration.

Tom said: “No, no, no you have had one of England’s greatest careers and we need to work together." So, of course, I agreed to the meeting.

I messaged Tom after the meeting and asked him why he got me into a hotel knowing precisely what I was going to be told and having already explicitly asked him if that was going to be the case. “You talk about trust,” I said. He simply replied: “I am sorry you feel that way, Kevin.”

If this was the streets or underworld, gunplay would be involved long time

grkrama

National Board President
i can just say 'wow'....i have never seen a captain so entitled.

From Cook at the top to everyday ECB employees below what the hell do they have to do with the team selection.

"He has made life incredibly difficult for a large number of people over the years and the idea that he might be back horrified them.”

I would sure like to see another leaked dossier.. they are just good stuff. 'KP keeps stealing paperclips and taking them home over turning trash can on the way'

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look; if they had gone "Kevin: you've done well but we have a settled middle order all of whom are in form (OK, Bell isn't but he scored runs in the West Indies), and we're playing an all-rounder at six and we don't want to force you to open, so I'm afraid there isn't currently room for you in the test side. We'd love you to share us some T20/ODI related things though, so we'd be delighted if you wanted to play T20 and One Day cricket with us, and we'll see what the future brings?" then I think that he and most other people would have been mostly satisfied and probably understood. Saying "we don't trust you to play for us, but sit on an "advisory panel" please??" is a load of crap that just disrespects the man and isn't a very nice thing to do...

If its Cook that's causing the issues then it doesn't stop him from playing ODI and T20 cricket (especially the latter, with the World T20 next year) since he's not the captain. Some will say that he shouldn't play ODI cricket because they'll want a settled team for the 2019 world cup, but I'd argue that he'd be useful as a guy willing to help younger players develop, and that him doing that and batting at 3 or something in a few ODIs would only help England in One Day Internationals...

bigred

Club Captain
Look; if they had gone "Kevin: you've done well but we have a settled middle order all of whom are in form (OK, Bell isn't but he scored runs in the West Indies), and we're playing an all-rounder at six and we don't want to force you to open, so I'm afraid there isn't currently room for you in the test side. We'd love you to share us some T20/ODI related things though, so we'd be delighted if you wanted to play T20 and One Day cricket with us, and we'll see what the future brings?" then I think that he and most other people would have been mostly satisfied and probably understood. Saying "we don't trust you to play for us, but sit on an "advisory panel" please??" is a load of crap that just disrespects the man and isn't a very nice thing to do...

If its Cook that's causing the issues then it doesn't stop him from playing ODI and T20 cricket (especially the latter, with the World T20 next year) since he's not the captain. Some will say that he shouldn't play ODI cricket because they'll want a settled team for the 2019 world cup, but I'd argue that he'd be useful as a guy willing to help younger players develop, and that him doing that and batting at 3 or something in a few ODIs would only help England in One Day Internationals...

Couldn't agree more. Could even have played in the 2019 WC as a 38 year old. Especially if he quit all first class cricket.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
You didn't tag me but as soon as I read 'The questions coming at him were flecked with disbelief and hostility' the article held absolutely no credibility as far as I'm concerned.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got as far as "Daily Mail Online" myself

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Holt is praising strauss' decision.

when it's in doubt whether it was even his decision. it could easily have been a condition of taking the job.

nobody has any credibility at all. it's just a mess.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Holt is praising strauss' decision.

when it's in doubt whether it was even his decision. it could easily have been a condition of taking the job.

nobody has any credibility at all. it's just a mess.
He also says it is a 'brave stand'. Pietersen was already out in the cold, Cook (and some ECB admin staff for some mad reason) said if Strauss brought Pietersen back then they would go. It's not exactly a 'brave stand' to keep the status quo.

I don't really want Pietersen in the team but the way this issue has been handled is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread