The Reintegration Thread

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've never stated the knock itself wasn't impressive, fair play to him for going on to such a high total. I'm sure I and many others would have been a lot more impressed if it had been against someone like Yorkshire, although I'm understanding of the fact he can only score against what he's playing against. Will be interesting to see how consistestly he can post large scores from here now.

Well he won't be will he. He's on the plane to Hyderabad on Wednesday. That's it in England for Pietersen I think.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In my view the right decision was made but probably presented in the wrong way.
This.

Pietersen burned too many bridges ever to come back, but that doesn't mean he's been treated any less shabbily in the last few weeks - largely by Graves.

The ends do not always justify the means.

War

Chairman of Selectors
In that changing room, if you saw Broad talking to a friend, or texting someone, you might think he was giving information to ridicule you on Twitter, but he's still in the team.

Don't waste your time man, certain posters on this site which represents English cricket minority with all the facts that have been shown in the last 18 months, still holding on to the ludicrous position that KP either only "cares about himself", is a mercenary or whatever other bull-crap they wish to come up with :facepalm[DOUBLEPOST=1431478791][/DOUBLEPOST]Kevin Pietersen's exclusion "one of the most gutless, vindictive things I've seen in English sport"

War

Chairman of Selectors
On a side note, I bet if he played the entire season at Surrey he'd have earned a good amount of what his IPL contract would have been (Didn't seem that bothered about trying to ditch it once he realised no one wanted to pay for him).

Doubt he'd come cheaply for a season at Surrey if he did so and Surrey are a bit notorious for splashing out a bit at times.

Before i jump to conclusions on what your trying to insinuate here, so could you kindly clarify?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Believe his Surrey wage from this season went to charity yes, there was talk of Surrey not being able to afford him within the wage restrictions with Sangakkara probably being a fairly costly part of that.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Seriously, someone needs to start a petition to not go to the Ashes matches. The Ashes played out in front of an empty stadium would send a message. Rarely have I been this angry on cricket!

People in England are too apathetic for that to ever happen, plus tickets are far too expensive to just throw away. I keep seeing the comment that K.P. puts bums on seats but the fact is those bums have already been paid for regardless. People should make their feelings known at the games though if they feel that strongly about it. The ECB won't listen though, they never have!

grkrama

National Board President
while strauss is taking a lot of hits deservedly for most part, i guess the main blame should lie with Colin graves, the book was over, KP moved on, despite some unrest that was mainly due to ENG odi debacle than pieterson itself.. but it was graves that bought KP back into contention probably hoping he wouldn't play or wouldn't be able to score and thus sneak in a PR point using it.

A lot was talked about him as straight forward etc but if he cant keep his word, i cant see him being a leader to a cricket board. Strauss is there only because he is appointed by graves. Anyone sane wouldnt have appointed a player with recent history as well as no managerial experience to run the team.

Users who are viewing this thread