Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Bit of a bugger's muddle. Think overall amount of games should be reduced, as @SpitfiresKent says the t20 should be a much shorter format, & we must get our centrally contracted players playing more t20 and list A cricket - they currently play next to nothing.

Very much like the idea of helping associates by them entering sides in first class cricket. Such a good idea it's hard to think of it coming from the ECB!!!

I recently advocated either culling a few counties, or having 3 divs of 6 - anything to reduce the games. I don't know who would be the 3rd extra team though - Netherlands couldn't commit to that.

I'd worry financially and about the quality of cricket in div 3... So I have an alternative:

I'd actually add only Ireland & Scotland, have 4 conferences of 5, with play-offs and a super bowl style showpiece. This would make most games have something riding on them, and further reduce amount of games per side. It would also prevent a poverty-stricken div 3 backwater.

D

Deleted member 149013

An improvised training solution to encourage English batsman on to the front foot.

In the nets use the line that the batsman back foot is resting on or next to and paint on a semi-circle that surrounds the batsman. Use the semi-circle as a guide and encourage the batsman to stride, transfer his weight and land his leading foot outside the circle, plus set bowling machine to a good or full length.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Bit of a bugger's muddle. Think overall amount of games should be reduced, as @SpitfiresKent says the t20 should be a much shorter format, & we must get our centrally contracted players playing more t20 and list A cricket - they currently play next to nothing.

I think out centrally contracted players should be playing more cricket for their clubs generally. We always hear how 'there's no substitute for time out in the middle' yet they only play in international matches so their game time is limited.

Although I'm a traditionalist and prefer the longer formats, I can agree that the amount of games should be reduced, and I doubt there is much revenue from the Championship games. When I used to pop down to watch Hampshire after work at their old ground there were generally less people there than at my amateur matches. Although our ground was in a tourist hotspot!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think out centrally contracted players should be playing more cricket for their clubs generally. We always hear how 'there's no substitute for time out in the middle' yet they only play in international matches so their game time is limited.

Although I'm a traditionalist and prefer the longer formats, I can agree that the amount of games should be reduced, and I doubt there is much revenue from the Championship games. When I used to pop down to watch Hampshire after work at their old ground there were generally less people there than at my amateur matches. Although our ground was in a tourist hotspot!

Don't get me wrong I think all games should be reduced, not just championship

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Oh okay. Do you think it's that excessive though? I just had to refresh my memory, there were 16 Championship games, 14 T20 games while surprisingly only 8 one-dayers last season. Unless I've missed a competition ?

That's still what, 38 games, and potentially 86 days of cricket to be squeezed into about 5 months. I'd call that quite a lot, yeah.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Yeah thinking about it, in theory they are potentially playing more than a game (or a day of cricket) every two days during the season. So yeah I would have to agree that it is excessive. Even if they are not involved in every match that's not a lot of recuperation time.
Still it beats sitting in an office 5/6 days a week!!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Great win for Somerset today. Disappointing that they dropped Gregory and Joverton, but good to see more than just Hildreth getting some runs. I felt it was harsh picking Abell to open, rather than down the order, but he seems to be getting there now, which is good to see. Just a shame we haven't got another young batsmen close enough to put some pressure on Cooper in the 4 Day game.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
17 year old Sam Curran and his brother Tom tearing it up for Surrey this season. Zimbabwean born but they'll most likely go on to represent England in the near future.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
17 year old Sam Curran and his brother Tom tearing it up for Surrey this season. Zimbabwean born but they'll most likely go on to represent England in the near future.

Sam was born in Northampton :thumbs. Very impressive though consistently hitting 85mph at 17 and bowling effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread