English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

Dingo Ate Me Baby

School Cricketer
Sam Curran looks a proper talent, watching him yesterday swing the ball and crank up to 85mph at just 17 is something special. Just imagine when he fills out a bit because he looks as skinny as a malnourished pencil right now, he is gonna be up and beyond 90mph. He can also bat a bit, Wasim in the making. Actually he reminds me of Mohammed Amir when he was 17, hope Currans career goes a little better!

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Feel free to sign this petition in opposition to the proposed changes.

Just reading through the petition part, do you personally believe then if reducing the amount of games would be detrimental to the quality of the England team that teams for example like Australia are under-performing because they don't play enough FC games in their season?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
reducing the amount of games is dumb because it'll lead to an unbalanced schedule where counties will play some people twice and others once which isn't exactly fair because it might lead to a team winning the Championship because they have a weaker schedule. the only way you can reduce the number of games is by reducing the number of teams in each division either by going to a group format like India, or by increasing the number of divisions.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
reducing the amount of games is dumb because it'll lead to an unbalanced schedule where counties will play some people twice and others once which isn't exactly fair because it might lead to a team winning the Championship because they have a weaker schedule. the only way you can reduce the number of games is by reducing the number of teams in each division either by going to a group format like India, or by increasing the number of divisions.

Got to admit that's something I haven't been too keen on in the current T20 tournament, everyone doesn't play each other twice.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Somerset doing enough to stay up before collapsing in a heap the next day. Pretty much sums up our season, doing just enough to not be disastrous. Hopefully we can kick on next year and actually challenge for something.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should actually be interesting: Hampshire will probably win which means that its going to be either Somerset or Sussex going down. Really it depends on whether Somerset have a remarkable shot with the ball (which has been known to happen even straight after a collapse) or whether we can survive a day against Yorkshire or somehow score the 300 to win (unlikely imo - especially if they do what they did in the first innings and have Chris Jordan open with Joyce - I don't know why they did that...). If we both lose (likely) then it goes down to bonus points and I'm not doing those calculations at 11 at night...

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Somerset are already safe. We needed 7 bonus points to be sure of staying up and we got 8, plus Hampshire didn't get all their bonus points either. I think it just comes down to if Hampshire win, (which they have to do to have any chance of staying up) then Sussex need to at least draw. I think the only results that see Hampshire stay up is a Hampshire win/Sussex loss.

Jetty

School Cricketer
Looks like Surrey will win Div 2. No enough time for Lancs to do anything.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Sad to see Sussex go down. Worrying trend that the top division seems to be full of all the bigger sides. I mean, only Somerset and Hampshire next year that don't host Tests?

D

Deleted member 149013

Bit of a wild suggestion but couldn’t the smaller counties merge? In truth they don’t really contribute much but to sit in Division two and remain sides without any realistic ambition.

Derbyshire into Lancashire

Leicestershire into Northamptonshire

Gloucestershire into Glamorgan

Worcestershire into Warwickshire

Essex into Kent or Kent into Essex

You would lose five teams but could have two leagues of seven teams.

More funds, more youth players to choose from.

Stronger county teams but a few upset fans maybe.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Sad to see Sussex go down. Worrying trend that the top division seems to be full of all the bigger sides. I mean, only Somerset and Hampshire next year that don't host Tests?

Hampshire do so Somerset is the only non test ground in division 1, with Cardiff (Glamorgan) being the only one in division 2.

Users who are viewing this thread