Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I was going to but it's not confirmed so I put it in here instead.

Please excuse if this has been mentioned before, but in the career mode, international competitions like World Cup, and ICONIC Test series (if you are a Aus/Eng player then Ashes, if you are an Ind player then Ind/Pak maybe?) should be included.

Would like to redo the batting more like ea sports circa 2003 ish. For instance using the d-pad instead of the stick for lateral foot movement prior to ball release and after release for shot selection. Then either press A for front foot, or Y for back foot. Also would like just d-pad foward for defence, so its much quicker to utilise against quick bowling. So for instance, you'd start by premeditating block with d pad foward, then ball is delivered fullish outside off, then roll your thumb up slightly to off and trigger the A button to time a nice cover drive. Super satisfying.

Also a batting confidence meter would be good.

For bowling maybe a rotational action for the right thumb stick. So once the length is preselected then the thumb has to hit the right marker on an arc in the hud, then you press right trigger to release. Would feel more natural.

Cricket is in good hands with you guys, and il be buying whatever you come up with.

Now this is pretty awesom! something like this would be great to experience!
A deep training mode where a coach will physically train you to become a better player!
MLB 16 nailed it!

Fielding suggestions:

1. Two fielders converging to take a catch and then collide, leading to a missed catch would be pretty realistic to watch!
2. Fielders backing up other fielders in the deep.
3. Pull back the ball near the boundary and pass it to the backup fielder to throw it.
4. pulling back the ball from mid air and save a boundary (steve smith,chriss lynn IPL)

Don't know how much can be done with this engine! hope for the best !

Fielding suggestions:

1. Two fielders converging to take a catch and then collide, leading to a missed catch would be pretty realistic to watch!
2. Fielders backing up other fielders in the deep.
3. Pull back the ball near the boundary and pass it to the backup fielder to throw it.
4. pulling back the ball from mid air and save a boundary (steve smith,chriss lynn IPL)

Don't know how much can be done with this engine! hope for the best !
ya great and one more thing is player should stop the ball with his legs to save boundary like in real cricket and so many wrong third umpire decisions r there

A option to simulate AI's batting on online co-op will be nice. I have accepted the fact that no matter what you try, the bowling aspects in cricket games will get tiresome eventually.

A option to simulate AI's batting on online co-op will be nice. I have accepted the fact that no matter what you try, the bowling aspects in cricket games will get tiresome eventually.
Hopefully its enjoyable in the next version..Or even an option to bat for both teams in co-op..:D

I would like that international teams can change during the career mode so your not stuck with the same guys for the 20 years your guy can play. Also that you not always in the same batting position for your whole career. Also spin bowling in my opinion needs to be improved

And more Replays and mainly Slow motion Replays,
More Cutscenes as well,
More Scoreboard overlays and Bats.
Six distance meter shows after the ball clears the boundary rope,
It should be shown during the replay as in the real cricket
And also you should create more commentators in dbc

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure about more replays I tend to skip them. An example is when you are batting and you drive straight down the ground and the AI bowler drops the catch off his own bowling. There is an instance when you strike the ball clean and want to see that again or if you clean bowl an AI batsman.

What I have found that the replays are more effective early in your career as they are landmarks but as your career progresses you tend just to get on with it.

re the announcement yesterday that from next season the county championship is going to be 8 teams (div1) & 10 teams (div2) - is it too late for this to be reflected in the next game's career mode? @MattW

re the announcement yesterday that from next season the county championship is going to be 8 teams (div1) & 10 teams (div2) - is it too late for this to be reflected in the next game's career mode? @MattW
Obviously I'd hate to think anyone would come to the conclusion that there was any relation between in game tournaments and a certain real world one, but I'm sure the game will feature an England and Wales based first class tournament with two divisions of 8 and 10 teams respectively.

Some more minor issues that could be fixed for the next game:

1. During runouts, if the batsmen have crossed, the runner closer to the broken wickets should be out. However, in DBC 14, we often see the other batsman react in a disappointed way, even though he is not out.

2. The wicket keeper takes too much time to take the bails off when the batsman is out of his crease, during both stumping and run outs.

3. Similarly, the bowler throws the ball to the wicket keeper's stumps if the batsman is out of his crease (or didn't make it). However, the wicket keeper doesn't bother to throw the ball at the bowler's end even if the batsman is a long way out.

4. The wicket keeper is often pushed a couple of steps back or to the side when he catches a throw, as if he is stopping an iron ball. However, this never happens in real life.

5. The slip fielders usually have some of the safest hands in the field. But in DBC 14, the men at slips miss most of their catches.

6. When facing spinners, the right hander plays the square cut/flick very effectively, but the left hander attempts the square drive/slash even to fuller deliveries, and often ends up getting bowled.

7. If a bowler takes wickets in his 5th and 6th ball, the crowd does the "Sachin! Sachin!" hat trick chant during the first ball of the new bowler.

8. The umpires miss quite a few wides.

Some more suggestions:

1. An option to bowl full tosses could be added.

2. I think that for spinners, the short leg and eighth slip shouldn't be able to block sweeps and square cuts (respectively) so easily.

3. I have some hairstyle and beard suggestions:
(i) Straight long hair (like modern fans of heavy metal), (ii) Curly long hair (like 80's rock stars), (iii) A monobrow that is not straight, (iv) A beard style that is thicker than the final option in the game (9/9 probably), but thinner than mutton chops. It's very common these days. (v) Another beard style is very common among Indian players- the cheeks are covered, but the beard is trimmed well and there are no loose long hairs poking out.

Users who are viewing this thread