Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

A big improvement to commentary and stadiums is a must in the next sequel.

-No repetitive commentary. Add few more commentators for each format.(FC/OD/T20).
-Variations in the AI bowling according to situations and batsman's weakness.
-Few more stadiums with different sponsors(textures) for each country.
-Different celebrations for different milestons i.e, 100/200/300 runs, 5/10 wickets-haul.
- Man of the match presentation animation for final matches.
-Boundary ropes with different sponsors for different country.
-Fielders drop catches when they dive/jump(Rare).
-Different crowed for different nations along with some props like flag, drums etc…
-Batting order changes according to the situation.
-Injury animations for fielders when a catch is dropped or dives near boundary rope to save the ball.

One thing when I start a career and I am 16 again or the player I am using is 16 and is committed to a full English cricket season it runs through my head well this lad should be in school. The career player is so good a prospect he doesn’t need to do his exams…

It’s like your county says well this 16 year old is our best chance this year. What he was knocked over for five runs? Well I still think he should open. So some academy challenges maybe could be set up in the game and you level up each time before progressing to the first team.

I would love the opportunity to skip playing IPL or other formats if you wanted to. I'm trying to play one day and test cricket for my country then try and play t20 but I'm stuck playing in the IPL

Minor things that need fixing:
1. More catches at Slips.
2. While batting against fast bowlers, deliveries in the 120-130 kmph range come to you much faster than deliveries in the 140-150 kmph range. I have experienced this issue a lot during casual matches on amateur difficulty. (eg. play an over against Courtney Walsh or Richard Hadlee)
3. A problem that I regularly experience with spin bowlers is that he bowls a wide ball unless I select a particular direction using the right stick. In my opinion, a spinner's delivery should never be a wide ball if the direction selected is straight ahead.
4. The red colour in uniforms is just not bright enough. When the match is in progress, it just turns to a fader shade of red. The other option is to select the darker (SA Redbacks) red, but I'm looking for that typical bright red. The game has so many shades of blue. It could use a few more reds.
2016-02-07_00010_zpslnklxm3n.jpg

5. The option to have the team name be written in front of the jersey. Most international teams have their team name written to the front of the jersey, and just the player's name and number on the back side.
6. The close-in fielders (silly point, short leg, silly mid off, silly mid on, and wicket keeper for spinners) should wear helmets.

Common suggestions for the next game:
1. Dynamic/changing squads in career mode: The batting and bowling line-up should change from time-to-time. Also, when joining a new team, you should have the option of selecting which player you want to replace. This won't be required if we have a dynamic playing-xi, but I wouldn't want to replace Virat Kohli and bat alongside Dinesh Karthik in the next game. ;)
2. One should be able to update the rosters of teams in career mode, or make changes to his player, even after starting a career. The changes made in the Don Bradman Academy should reflect on the existing careers as well.
3. Pitch condition should have a bigger impact on gameplay than it does now. Fast bowlers should be hostile on green pitches, and spinners should be unforgiving on rank turners.
4. Fielders should be more conscious of the boundary line. Often, while throwing the ball back, their back foot ends up crossing the rope. Also, while taking a catch, if it looks like he cannot take it without stepping outside, he should try to slap the ball in, rather than take the catch outside the boundary line.
5. Optional field radar, only if you feel that its absence is hurting sales. Personally, I'm against it. As for letting the batsmen know during multiplayer matches, you could go with a cutscene of the captain pointing and talking, or a fielder running to a new position (as some of us suggested on the Big Ant forums).
6. I think the stamina meter should fill up a little faster for the bowlers. Right now, they can bowl 15 or so overs at a stretch without a problem. But in a real game, they would be in trouble by the time they get to the 10th.

Personal suggestions for the next game:
1. In addition to the ability to start your career as a part of any Australian or English domestic team, from the next game onwards, we should have the option to start our career as an Indian/Pakistani/South African/West Indian/New Zealander/Sri Lankan or Bangladeshi domestic player.
2. I think the player should have the option to accept/reject the contracts that he is offered in career mode. It can get a little overwhelming to play in the New Zealand league, WI league, Pakistani league, Bangladeshi league, and so on... Especially four and five day matches.
3. As such, I think it would be more preferable if you played, say, first class matches in two countries, 50 over matches in three countries, and T20 matches in five countries, in addition to representing your country of citizenship in the international scene. You could add the option to change the numbers in the Don Bradman Academy.
4. A way of doing it, would be to have the player be offered a set of random contracts. For example, Bengal/Nottingham/Karachi for the domestic league, or Mumbai Indians/Cape Cobras/T&T Red Steel for the T20 league. Whichever team he chooses, will decide the league that he will play in. The selection he makes will stay with him for that calendar year (maybe more), upon which, his obligations will be fulfilled and he will be free to join another team from that league, if he so wishes.

-----

5. Spin bowling should be made easier; meaning less number of rotations with the left stick.
6. Gaining access to more unorthodox shots as your career player becomes more skilled. You start with only the sweep in your unorthodox arsenal, and you learn more unorthodox shots based on the normal shots that you play the most. For example, if you play the cover drive a lot, you gain access to the "inside-out," if you play the straight drive a lot, you gain access to the "helicopter," and so on.
unorthodox%20shots_zpsfwzknxfb.png

7. A few field placements could be added. A shorter straight fielder, a fielder between mid wicket and mid on, a short mid wicket (farther than the existing one), and similarly, a short extra cover.
2016-02-13_00001_zpsmpw0ep3o.jpg

8. I loved the commentary in DBC 14 . The commentators were loud and clear. Commentators should also not have strong accents. I love Isha Guha, but in my opinion, she is one of the worst commentators in the world, for this very reason. One of the commentators in AC 13 pronounced run as "roon" and sliced as "sloist," among other things... and it was just terrible to listen to. The commentators in DBC could use a few more lines this time around though. :p

Some other suggestions:
1. When the line-up is shown during many matches on TV, as well as when a new bowler or batsman is in action, their photos are shown along with their names and stats. Would it be possible to something like this in the next game?
2. I don't know what happens when someone leaves (or loses connection to) the game online when the game is still in progress. I think it would be pretty cool if the match ended via Duckworth-Lewis method or the newer Jayadevan system, when that happens.
3. Batsmen should react to hits by bouncers, by kneeling or completely falling down on the ground. However, they shouldn't get injured for the ongoing match or be carried off to the dressing room, as you wouldn't want that in a tight match.
4. They could, however become unavailable for the next match, because of the said injury, or any other random injury.
5. If possible (and feasible), the players from the current Don Bradman Academy should be carried forward to the next game. It would be a pain and take some time for the fans to create everything all over again.
6. Don't go for licenced stadiums or kits if you feel that the money can be better spent elsewhere. AC 13 (not a good example, I know) claimed to have 200 licensed kits, but it didn't increase the game's rating from 0.7 to 1.7.
7. Different ball types. The Indian domestic league uses balls with protruding seam, which helps the spinners; the English county cricket uses a more sensitive variant which suits their conditions, while the rest of the world uses balls that initially help swing and later reverse swing as well. Oh and yeah, pink balls!

8. A broadcast camera angle in interactive replay: Right now, we seem to have two default angles for interactive replays- one starting behind the bowler's back, which follows the ball from a distance, and another starting behind the bowler's knees, and focuses on the ball up-close (pretty useless), and any one of these two angles are chosen at random when you select Interactive Replay. I think it would be great if we could also have an option to select a broadcast replay angle there, like the one that comes up without a prompt from our end. I have turned that one off because I don't want to skip replays for every other ball, but it is still the best angle nonetheless.

Please check out this video about what needs to be done in next iteration

Better fielding I think ross has confirmed this already so hopefully no more fielders running away from the ball or stupid loopy throws or hesitating with throws or jogging to the ball. Also hopefully the umpires will get the call of wide's correctly with bouncers so many times I have bowled and I was nowhere near a wide and other times it was a wide and they didn't call it.

Hi guys, sorry if this list doesn't make sense, is too long or if these things have all already been mentioned; I originally wrote it just to show to my little brother (like me, an avid fan of DBC14) but I've decided to post it on a forum just to see what happens.
Cheers!

DB16 IMPROVEMENTS

PLAYING ON PRO DIFFICULTY

GAMEPLAY
* better fielder mechanics - no teleportation, no ridiculous catches, no turning round and taking catch between legs (wicketkeepers do this for some reason) etc
* better batsman mechanics - showing pain when hit, showing emotion for 100s etc
* better bowling mechanics - less robotic, different actions so not all the same (Malinga?) etc
* more nicks from cover drives (AI batsmen only really nick from on drives) and thicker edges as well to 3rd 4th 5th slip etc
* edges go through quicker to keeper and slips
* more realistic kits - correct colours rather than England playing ODIs in red etc
* more prominent differences with conditions and location eg in england if cloud cover/humid then ball will swing more
* dukes ball/kookaburra ball differences
* more sponsors for shirts and bats
* bat sponsors look more like bat making companies rather than building companies and banks etc
* better commentary - more phrases, less repetitive, more emotion according to the occasion, more surprise - different reactions to slog over midwicket six versus reverse sweep six, maybe talking over each other in surprise, casual chatting like on tms and banter eg like when Freddie Flintoff commentates on the bbl
* for some reason the bowler fields off his own bowling like a superhuman - straight drives hardly ever get past bowlers - unrealistic
* fielder/keeper receiving the ball at stumps for a run out chance should break stumps quicker - at the moment the batsman is in the crease by the time the player flicks off the bails even if he's a stride or two short when the player receives the ball by the stumps - would be run out in real life
* leg byes - ball bounces off pads with more speed like in real life leg byes go for four sometimes
* ability to pad the ball away to spinners
* preset bowling and batting strategies (eg 'bowl outside off on good length' and 'hog the strike') and create your own strategies
* different commentators from different nationalities depending on where you're playing - English commentators for t20 blast and Aussie commentators for bbl (with the exception of Freddie Flintoff and others)
* better known commentators if affordable to licence
* more licences - for anything!
* fifa-like downloadable 'celebration packs' celebrations for wickets and 100s etc
* ability to have just team logo sized small sponsor logos on right breast of shirt instead of that and the big sponsor below eg in real life england only have waitrose logo on right breast of shirt
* the different formats shouldn't sound the same eg in t20s the crowd is louder and music is played but in tests the crowd is quieter and no music
* bat pad catches/fending off bouncers and chances to make close fielders worth it
* ability to do a dead bat/hard hand shot that still goes far enough to get a run - you see professional players play shots with no follow through and the ball goes to point, midwicket or wherever for a single
* light up bails for certain competitions
* close fielders taking evasive action and showing pain if hit
* close fielders taking amazing reaction catches - currently ball just bounces off them and they don't react, even to get out the way
* make bouncers worth bowling - rearing up and gloving to short leg or slip or feathering a hook to keeper rather than doing what they do at the moment and easily cutting or hooking for four or six
* proper skiers that go miles up and not far in any other direction
* proper top edges that go miles up or go in the opposite direction (think Warner's short arm jab that goes to third man when he top edges

CAREER
* sponsorship deals
* ability to change teams
* ability to be an occasional bowler eg joe root
* not limited to your batting position eg if you bat at 4 you can still bat at 3 or 5 - able to chose secondary positions when you make player
* coach/manager career
* teams and players evolve - young players come up and teams change rather than staying the same for the whole 20 year career and all rounders can occasionally drop bowling and become brilliant at batting (example in real life is Steve Smith)
* international cricket should be a bigger deal - at the moment there is no World Cup and ashes is no big deal
* teams change according to format - Hampshire t20 team is the same as first class team on don bradman but not in real life
* public/media opinion/popularity on team or player/s - not just your career player but his teammates as well
* competition for places - 16/21 year old shouldn't just walk into domestic team
* team picked on form and players dropped
* ability to start career at any age - 21 too young for me but 26 too old
* dynamic batting order - if you are chasing a big total big hitters are promoted up the order by AI - if you are captain you can do it yourself but not everyone is a captain
* ability to refuse or give up captaincy to improve form
* captain has more involvement with picking the team etc
* fixture list/calendar
* add ranji trophy for Indian career players
* player injuries - not just for your player but for his teammates as well
* press conferences for pre match/post match and interviews, both of which you get asked questions and given preset answers, your choice can influence your career a lot or a little, it will depend
* presentation of caps on debut for relevant teams
* training with team and being bowled at by/bowling at them rather than just netting against a bowling machine
* not replacing the best players in a team just because you bat in their position eg if you bat 4th you don't replace Joe Root, maybe he moves up to 3rd or you do
* simulate your own bowling in career mode
* able to change the weight, size of edges etc of your bat, this changes how hard you hit the ball but also your hand speed etc (ALSO APPLIES TO DB ACADEMY WHEN MAKING PLAYERS)
* team chemistry - how matey are you with your teammates, improve this by training with them, playing games and building partnerships with them and doing training just with them

Hi guys, sorry if this list doesn't make sense, is too long or if these things have all already been mentioned; I originally wrote it just to show to my little brother (like me, an avid fan of DBC14) but I've decided to post it on a forum just to see what happens.
Cheers!

DB16 IMPROVEMENTS

PLAYING ON PRO DIFFICULTY

GAMEPLAY
* better fielder mechanics - no teleportation, no ridiculous catches, no turning round and taking catch between legs (wicketkeepers do this for some reason) etc
* better batsman mechanics - showing pain when hit, showing emotion for 100s etc
* better bowling mechanics - less robotic, different actions so not all the same (Malinga?) etc
* more nicks from cover drives (AI batsmen only really nick from on drives) and thicker edges as well to 3rd 4th 5th slip etc
* edges go through quicker to keeper and slips
* more realistic kits - correct colours rather than England playing ODIs in red etc
* more prominent differences with conditions and location eg in england if cloud cover/humid then ball will swing more
* dukes ball/kookaburra ball differences
* more sponsors for shirts and bats
* bat sponsors look more like bat making companies rather than building companies and banks etc
* better commentary - more phrases, less repetitive, more emotion according to the occasion, more surprise - different reactions to slog over midwicket six versus reverse sweep six, maybe talking over each other in surprise, casual chatting like on tms and banter eg like when Freddie Flintoff commentates on the bbl
* for some reason the bowler fields off his own bowling like a superhuman - straight drives hardly ever get past bowlers - unrealistic
* fielder/keeper receiving the ball at stumps for a run out chance should break stumps quicker - at the moment the batsman is in the crease by the time the player flicks off the bails even if he's a stride or two short when the player receives the ball by the stumps - would be run out in real life
* leg byes - ball bounces off pads with more speed like in real life leg byes go for four sometimes
* ability to pad the ball away to spinners
* preset bowling and batting strategies (eg 'bowl outside off on good length' and 'hog the strike') and create your own strategies
* different commentators from different nationalities depending on where you're playing - English commentators for t20 blast and Aussie commentators for bbl (with the exception of Freddie Flintoff and others)
* better known commentators if affordable to licence
* more licences - for anything!
* fifa-like downloadable 'celebration packs' celebrations for wickets and 100s etc
* ability to have just team logo sized small sponsor logos on right breast of shirt instead of that and the big sponsor below eg in real life england only have waitrose logo on right breast of shirt
* the different formats shouldn't sound the same eg in t20s the crowd is louder and music is played but in tests the crowd is quieter and no music
* bat pad catches/fending off bouncers and chances to make close fielders worth it
* ability to do a dead bat/hard hand shot that still goes far enough to get a run - you see professional players play shots with no follow through and the ball goes to point, midwicket or wherever for a single
* light up bails for certain competitions
* close fielders taking evasive action and showing pain if hit
* close fielders taking amazing reaction catches - currently ball just bounces off them and they don't react, even to get out the way
* make bouncers worth bowling - rearing up and gloving to short leg or slip or feathering a hook to keeper rather than doing what they do at the moment and easily cutting or hooking for four or six
* proper skiers that go miles up and not far in any other direction
* proper top edges that go miles up or go in the opposite direction (think Warner's short arm jab that goes to third man when he top edges

CAREER
* sponsorship deals
* ability to change teams
* ability to be an occasional bowler eg joe root
* not limited to your batting position eg if you bat at 4 you can still bat at 3 or 5 - able to chose secondary positions when you make player
* coach/manager career
* teams and players evolve - young players come up and teams change rather than staying the same for the whole 20 year career and all rounders can occasionally drop bowling and become brilliant at batting (example in real life is Steve Smith)
* international cricket should be a bigger deal - at the moment there is no World Cup and ashes is no big deal
* teams change according to format - Hampshire t20 team is the same as first class team on don bradman but not in real life
* public/media opinion/popularity on team or player/s - not just your career player but his teammates as well
* competition for places - 16/21 year old shouldn't just walk into domestic team
* team picked on form and players dropped
* ability to start career at any age - 21 too young for me but 26 too old
* dynamic batting order - if you are chasing a big total big hitters are promoted up the order by AI - if you are captain you can do it yourself but not everyone is a captain
* ability to refuse or give up captaincy to improve form
* captain has more involvement with picking the team etc
* fixture list/calendar
* add ranji trophy for Indian career players
* player injuries - not just for your player but for his teammates as well
* press conferences for pre match/post match and interviews, both of which you get asked questions and given preset answers, your choice can influence your career a lot or a little, it will depend
* presentation of caps on debut for relevant teams
* training with team and being bowled at by/bowling at them rather than just netting against a bowling machine
* not replacing the best players in a team just because you bat in their position eg if you bat 4th you don't replace Joe Root, maybe he moves up to 3rd or you do
* simulate your own bowling in career mode
* able to change the weight, size of edges etc of your bat, this changes how hard you hit the ball but also your hand speed etc (ALSO APPLIES TO DB ACADEMY WHEN MAKING PLAYERS)
* team chemistry - how matey are you with your teammates, improve this by training with them, playing games and building partnerships with them and doing training just with them

Liam agree with your list.

The only two issues I could find was more realistic kits – correct colours rather England playing ODI’s in red etc. The other one was Teams change according to format – Hampshire t20 is the same as first class team on Don Bradman but not in real life.

You can change the colour of kits manually in the academy so you can have England in navy for ODI and red for T20. The team rosters can be changed in academy also you can download players and change batting line ups.

Overall some good points, especially the way wicket keepers take their catches and the showing pain when the batsman is hit he will just stand there if to say well that didn’t hurt.

Liam agree with your list.

The only two issues I could find was more realistic kits – correct colours rather England playing ODI’s in red etc. The other one was Teams change according to format – Hampshire t20 is the same as first class team on Don Bradman but not in real life.

You can change the colour of kits manually in the academy so you can have England in navy for ODI and red for T20. The team rosters can be changed in academy also you can download players and change batting line ups.

Overall some good points, especially the way wicket keepers take their catches and the showing pain when the batsman is hit he will just stand there if to say well that didn’t hurt.

Yeah, good point about the kits, although i struggled to emulate the ODI kit in the academy; the colours were not quite right and with the batting lineups, I've changed them in the academy but in my career mode I've still got the exact same teams for all forms of the game; unfortunately it's the same for all of the other county sides, so there are some players playing t20 who have long retired or are simply not that type of player in real life.
Cheers for the feedback!

one very good thing would be better replays, also should be simple to do. Dbc has the same problem of Fifa replays,
they are without audio, and often you cant watch them at the correct speed. It would be good if i can watch the
replays in the same way i am playing in real time, even with audio commentary. It should just show the same
"sequence" that happened in real time.

Simple thing that's probably been mentioned, but the score format needs to be fixed.

You can either have both team score and bowler figures in the default which is wickets/runs. This is correct for bowlers but wrong for team scores (sorry australia, but it is just wrong. which is why pretty much nobody else uses it ;) )

Or you can switch both around to wickets/runs. Which is correct for team score, but wrong for bowler figures. Options should be there to amend one without the other.

Team = runs/wickets
Bowlers = wickets/runs

:)

Users who are viewing this thread