Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That is some insane batting by Gayle .. butchering the English here

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Now this is what match finisher is.
Started from the beginning, Scored a great century and give a win to your team.
World's best T20 batsman Chris Gayle.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It pains me to see how badly this WC has been organised. Ticket sales, under prepared pitches and 'the toss' dictating a result. Make no mistake, the mood CG was in, he would have probably butchered England in any conditions but at no point was this a contest. Basically, a night game at Wankhede = win the toss, bowl first, bowl half descent, bat half descent and win the match.

Reminds me of how enjoyable, convenient and fantastic an experience it was at the MCG in 2015 to see India vs SA. The least said about the broadcast, the better.

stefan

International Coach
Great innings by Gayle. With englands bowling attack they will need a lot more runs. Conditions didn't help them but this isn't the first time they have looked very ordinary on a good batting track.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In the Pak vs WI women's match, Pakistani opener Javeria Khan was hit below her ear by a bouncer from Shamilia Connell in the first over, and went unconscious, being forced to be stretchered off.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Even though the crowd's good, their quiteness makes it look like the stadium's almost empty.

They weren't quiet. They seemed as upbeat as possible. It might be broadcaster problem. They should have added some sound system for the crowd in the stadium.

I suspect BD fans sneaked in from across the border at night (joke/sarcasm) but kudos to all the Indians/Calcuttans who showed up. & their support for Pakistan team, especially Afridi, was very much visible & audible. Some even turned up in green t-shirts.

Thank you Calcuttans, & other supportive Indians.[DOUBLEPOST=1458158778][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the Pak vs WI women's match, Pakistani opener Javeria Khan was hit below her ear by a bouncer from Shamilia Connell in the first over, and went unconscious, being forced to be stretchered off.

Prayers with her.

War

Chairman of Selectors
If Narine, Pollard, Simmons and Young Bravo was in - Windies really would be the real clear favourites to win this competition.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
it is not adopting home condition... it is pitch which gave us trouble... every one know that, batting 1st is crucial... if see the toss, you will know that how Williamson felt after winning toss... if India get 1st batting, they might put 10 more runs to what NZ scored... and NZ will be played like India did... but, disappoint is knowing all this fact about pitch, top order bat really bad... they needed to spend some time and play some dot balls first...

Why ramble about the pitch ? Indian batsmen aren't well-equipped to handle rank turners/ wickets that aid the bowlers. I used to think that the India of old was incapable of doing so,but atleast they put up a fight. The current team just needs wickets wherein the ball comes on to the bat nicely; like they call it in gully cricket(patta-flat-wicket). If a team can only perform on such wickets, would you really want to call them World Champions ?

I'm not against Team India. It's simply very disturbing to see that no effort seems to have been put in to counter such wickets. We've lost many a match in the recent past(across all formats) whenever the pitch has been leaning towards the bowling side. Despite that, the management doesn't seem to be making any progress on such wickets. And if the team only prefers playing on a particular kind of wicket, I don't think people are going to like it.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What a clean hitting by Chris Gayle. I was watching his batting and was thinking why in the world he was unable to perform at all in the recent PSL. The entire Lahore Qalanders team were banking on him and he disappointed all miserably. Nevertheless, He is there on the most important international T20 tournament. He just completely snatched from England and English bowlers were looking like school boys cricketers before him sorry to say.

Regarding Pak Vs Ind, I saw highlights last night and noticed how Wahab Riaz was getting thrashed over the park by ordinary Bangladeshi batsmen. I have always serious doubts on Wahab's bowling skills, He maybe talented but as Wasim Akram said that Until or unless He get his seam position right, He won't be able to perform consistently. But then again, You cant take chance with Sami or Nawaz in such a crunch match.

Sharjeel is such a gamble burden for Pakistan at the moment, He can build up the momentum for rest of Pakistani batting order with his quick-fire start or can lead to a sudden collapse by getting collapsed in the first over or even in the first ball.... I wish we had Khalid Latif in place for him but i doubt the team management would do any changes with the winning squad. I also noticed Aamir bowling bit wider of the crease, He was more closer in the Asia cup. On the other note, I wish Aamir should be more focusing towards his performance this time other than fame and media stuff as he is currently getting a lot of attention due to his tremendous comeback. Let stay humble and thankful to Almighty for this second chance and survival.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why ramble about the pitch ? Indian batsmen aren't well-equipped to handle rank turners/ wickets that aid the bowlers. I used to think that the India of old was incapable of doing so,but atleast they put up a fight. The current team just needs wickets wherein the ball comes on to the bat nicely; like they call it in gully cricket(patta-flat-wicket). If a team can only perform on such wickets, would you really want to call them World Champions ?

I'm not against Team India. It's simply very disturbing to see that no effort seems to have been put in to counter such wickets. We've lost many a match in the recent past(across all formats) whenever the pitch has been leaning towards the bowling side. Despite that, the management doesn't seem to be making any progress on such wickets. And if the team only prefers playing on a particular kind of wicket, I don't think people are going to like it.
Agreed. But India made a strong comeback after that loss (against Sri Lanka & Australia). We can see some fight from our batsmans after that irresponsible batting.

We should start making pitches assisting bowlers such that the team gets good practice on these pitches and can perform well when needed at any time any place. Bangladesh have been doing this since 1 year and we can see their performances in international cricket.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Pakistan or India, New Zealand, West Indies and South Africa will come in the Semis.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think Pakistan or India, New Zealand, West Indies and South Africa will come in the Semis.
And India will be defeated by South Africa in Semis. :p

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And India will be defeated by South Africa in Semis. :p
Maybe and I am feeling that this time Pakistan, New Zealand or West Indies will win the WCT20.
South Africa will chock again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread