India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Batting Category:
Best Batsman - Virat Kohli
Best Youngster - Quinton de Kock
Most Improved Batsman - Martin Guptill
Best Innings - Virat Kohli's 82* vAustralia
Failure of the tournament - AB de Villiers & Suresh Raina.

Bowling Category:
Best Bowler - Samuel Badree
Best Youngster - Rashid Khan
Most Improved Bowler - Chris Jordan
Best Innings - Mustafizur Rahman vs NZ
Failure of the tournament - R Ashwin, Shahid Afridi.

Team Category:
Best Team - England
Most Improved Team - Afghanistan
Decline of the tournament - South Africa

Misc:
Best match - India vs Bangladesh
Most surprising/shocking/breathtaking incident - Bangladesh's brain fade and Dhoni running to the wickets to complete the run out.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Wow, they're still going on about it. Why do I need stats to back up what I'm saying. Get this into your heads. I PREFER ROOT AS A BATSMAN OVER KOHLI. I judge this on what I've seen, not numbers. I've seen both bat at the stadium on numerous occasions and in tv hundreds of times.

But if you want stats:

Root- test average 54 and ODI average 44
Kohli- test average 44 and ODI average 51.

I couldn't give a stuff about these stats, but you guys wanted some evidence.
And would you look at that the numbers seem to say Kohli is the better limited overs batsman, who would've thunk it. Well I've seen both Kohli and Root bat too and I don't need to look at numbers to know Root is the better Test batsman. Objectivity, give it a shot.
It's not a fan reaction. I stated, quite openly, that I have no problem if some was to say MOS is Kohli. He was terrific but there are legitimate reasons for Root and in fact, Badree too.

What is an issue is, Indian fans get butthurt too quickly and can't take any opinion which does not play into their line of thought. It's ok. Better luck next time.
Let's get something clear once and for all, saying I prefer Root to Kohli is an opinion, saying Root had a better WT20 than Kohli is a factual assertion which at this point has beaten down so hard that I'm not sure it's even worth my time setting up shop, so just take your L and let this thread die.

Last edited:

bigred

Club Captain
And would you look at that the numbers seem to say Kohli is the better limited overs batsman, who would've thunk it. Well I've seen both Kohli and Root bat too and I don't need to look at numbers to know Root is the better Test batsman. Objectivity, give it a shot.

The original question wasn't 'who is a better test batsman'- 'who is a better ODI batsman' etc.... It was 'who is the best player?' I think Root is the best player. Kohli is a very good player, but I prefer Root. Simple.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Gaurav can you please do some needful here? This discussion is moving on to a serious issue. 4-5 pages is simply wasted on discussion about Virat and Joe's performance whilst this thread is meant for "ICC WT20 2016" discussion.

bigred

Club Captain
@Gaurav can you please do some needful here? This discussion is moving on to a serious issue. 4-5 pages is simply wasted on discussion about Virat and Joe's performance whilst this thread is meant for "ICC WT20 2016" discussion.

The tournament has finished. What else do you want to say about it?

grkrama

National Board President
The original question wasn't 'who is a better test batsman'- 'who is a better ODI batsman' etc.... It was 'who is the best player?' I think Root is the best player. Kohli is a very good player, but I prefer Root. Simple.

They put on terrific performances, with Root, imo, the player of the tournament.

Just maybe @bigred you jumped into an argument misreading the discussion.

Or do you claim it like, i like root normally than kohli so even if kohli performs better than root in an tournament, becuse i like root i will call him the MOTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread