ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he's getting such a hard time for it. If he wants to support the team India are playing against then so what? India are a very hard to to like (for a number of reasons), so I'm not surprised he was cheering on the West Indies.

He was not cheering West Indies. He was cheering India's defeat. Basically, he is giving a hard time to India's fans. And he gets back, vice versa. The troll/banter will go back and forth. Just like how Aussies troll players right on the field of play when certain overseas players play in Australian grounds.

I also have the commend the curator of the pitches. Nice to see a variety of scores unlike all being runfest pitches.

Anybody see the irony here? :rolleyes:p

Last edited:
Pakistani quicks were medicore at best in this tournament, barring Amir and even he was pathetic on batting tracks. Yuvraj was the biggest waste of space in the time during the entire WC for India. Better of with the likes of Manish Pandey. To say Yuvi hung in there was a massive exaggeration, he struggled against every decent seamer; be it from Oz or any other country. He was a waste of bowls, unlike Kohli who constantly turned the strike and found boundaries during the tougher times.

Regardless of his performance, what is the point of having him in the national side with so much class on the benches on in the domestic circuit. He is an old man and is living in the shell that he created during his 2007 WC blitzes.

Yuvraj came in everytime where India were on the brink of disaster. He has to stick in there and resurrect the innings (mostly with Kohli). And he did a bloody good job a that. He never got an opportunity to bat in a situation where he can free his arms and go all out smashing. And as kushal said, its pointless to talk about it now that we have exit the tournament. After what Sami did in that game against us, Yuvraj's wicket would've opened the doors for your first ever World Cup victory against us. He did similar against Australia, stuck in there a few overs and then perished going for the shots. But I doubt if we will see Yuvraj again very soon.

Post mortem of yesterday's game - Also with all due respect to West Indies talent and their likeability factor, must say that they should thank their luck that the toss went their way yesterday. The moment the coin fell in their favor, you knew what the result was going to be. It makes it imperative that venues like Wankhede must not day/night for crucial games like this. A Southern city would be better where dew is not as big a factor down there (Southern cities are far more drier). If India had chased yesterday, Kohli and co. would've wrapped things up probably in 17 or 18 overs. But this is a format where luck plays a big role, and hopefully one day India will get luck on their side.

Last edited:
I for one am very proud of being Indian today. Yes, we lost, but proud of the boys. I'm not saying drop Ashwin, because I do believe he is bloody good. But ya, he's not as good as he/STARSPORTS thinks he is. And Ashwin should SHUT UP and bowl.

Ya I thought this loss wasn't really bad and there should be no criticism. I thought we put up a good fight and the game went till the last over with two balls remaining. Ashwin was a major disappointment through out this tournament.[DOUBLEPOST=1459561502][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am hurting so bad. I feel so helpless and finished. You look for happiness in sport in life and then this.

Ya after that win against Aus I thought we would go all the way and win, but luck was totally against us yesterday. It's not an excuse but it's a fact. The toss didn't go our way and the dew really won the game.

Yuvraj came in everytime where India were on the brink of disaster. He has to stick in there and resurrect the innings (mostly with Kohli). And he did a bloody good job a that. He never got an opportunity to bat in a situation where he can free his arms and go all out smashing. And as kushal said, its pointless to talk about it now that we have exit the tournament. After what Sami did in that game against us, Yuvraj's wicket would've opened the doors for your first ever World Cup victory against us. He did similar against Australia, stuck in there a few overs and then perished going for the shots. But I doubt if we will see Yuvraj again very soon.

Post mortem of yesterday's game - Also with all due respect to West Indies talent and their likeability factor, must say that they should thank their luck that the toss went their way yesterday. The moment the coin fell in their favor, you knew what the result was going to be. It makes it imperative that venues like Wankhede must not day/night for crucial games like this. A Southern city would be better where dew is not as big a factor down there (Southern cities are far more drier). If India had chased yesterday, Kohli and co. would've wrapped things up probably in 17 or 18 overs. But this is a format where luck plays a big role, and hopefully one day India will get luck on their side.

There is nothing luck in that game.
India is the host. They arrange venues, pitches.
And they have the right to change it anytime.
India's overconfidence lead them to loss.
They thought they won the game after taking 2 early wicket. They took west indies lightly.
Westindies proved that they are not an one man team like India.
Their team contribution, hard work lead them to the victory.
And i am pretty sure India cant chase 192 if they batted 2nd.
India faced real challenge against WI and failed cheaply.

Yuvi played according to situation. He didn't played his natural game because of India's failed top order.
Unfortunately he injured himself. And i think selectors ignore him later after his recovery from injury.

There is nothing luck in that game.
India is the host. They arrange venues, pitches.
And they have the right to change it anytime.
India's overconfidence lead them to loss.
They thought they won the game after taking 2 early wicket. They took west indies lightly.
Westindies proved that they are not an one man team like India.
Their team contribution, hard work lead them to the victory.
And i am pretty sure India cant chase 192 if they batted 2nd.
India faced real challenge against WI and failed cheaply.

Yuvi played according to situation. He didn't played his natural game because of India's failed top order.
Unfortunately he injured himself. And i think selectors ignore him later after his recovery from injury.

Absolute bull crap!! India would've have chased 192 in the 17th or 18th over. With the likes of Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma (he scored 43) and Dhoni, it would've been a cakewalk. If the dew helped the WI big time, why do you think it wouldn't have helped India big time? Sammy the WI captain says that he prayed that he wins the toss before the game. It was brilliance from Bumrah and Nehra that India had those quick initial wickets. Gayle missed out in that game as he could have caused bigger misery. And India can change venues, pitches? During the tournament? I didn't really know that. Wow, that's news to me. If India had won the toss in that match, the result would have been completely the opposite. The coin toss played a huge role in the result and if someone denies it, they are living under a rock.

I see your avatar is playing a pretty big hand in the way you posts are turning out to be! Trust me - Gambhir lost his place because of his own game and because of his attitude.

Fwiw in all our matches, the visiting had experienced the venue atleast once before we had which literally makes the visiting team have better understanding of conditions than us, I cant see Hosts being more fairer than this![DOUBLEPOST=1459571657][/DOUBLEPOST]
ambhir lost his place because of his own game and because of his attitude.

yup any former playing looking for comeback should just learn from one guy Nehra! Age isn't the thing keeping you out of the team but your perseverance and commitment!

Absolute bull crap!! India would've have chased 192 in the 17th or 18th over. With the likes of Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma (he scored 43) and Dhoni, it would've been a cakewalk. If the dew helped the WI big time, why do you think it wouldn't have helped India big time? Sammy the WI captain says that he prayed that he wins the toss before the game. It was brilliance from Bumrah and Nehra that India had those quick initial wickets. Gayle missed out in that game as he could have caused bigger misery. And India can change venues, pitches? During the tournament? I didn't really know that. Wow, that's news to me. If India had won the toss in that match, the result would have been completely the opposite. The coin toss played a huge role in the result and if someone denies it, they are living under a rock.

I see your avatar is playing a pretty big hand in the way you posts are turning out to be! Trust me - Gambhir lost his place because of his own game and because of his attitude.

Actually i heard that from Kapil Dev. They removed the grass from the pitch in the midnight before the match start . Because they don't want Pakistan to take the advantage of green wicket.
And yes there is no chance of India chasing 192 if they lost Kohli's wicket. And they can't even reach 192 if he goes out (That freehit).

And Gambhir is my idol. I learned everything from him. So it doesn't matter to me if he wasn't in the team. And there is no chance of him till Dhoni was in the team.

Actually i heard that from Kapil Dev. They removed the grass from the pitch in the midnight before the match start . Because they don't want Pakistan to take the advantage of green wicket.
And yes there is no chance of India chasing 192 if they lost Kohli's wicket. And they can't even reach 192 if he goes out (That freehit).

And Gambhir is my idol. I learned everything from him. So it doesn't matter to me if he wasn't in the team. And there is no chance of him till Dhoni was in the team.
lol...With this poor form you are expecting gambhir in the squad...:p
Gautam Gambhir | India Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Gambhir was chosen in the series against England in 2014 but he couldn't play well. Why blame MS Dhoni ? Here is the scorecard of his last 2 tests.

4th Investec Test: England v India at Manchester, Aug 7-9, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
5th Investec Test: England v India at The Oval, Aug 15-17, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Hear it from a KKR fan then. Gambhir is full of crap, high on pride and ego. He doesn't deserve a place in the team.
A guy who can fight with Dravid then you know, what kind of person/player he is.

Gambhir was chosen in the series against England in 2014 but he couldn't play well. Why blame MS Dhoni ? Here is the scorecard of his last 2 tests.

4th Investec Test: England v India at Manchester, Aug 7-9, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
5th Investec Test: England v India at The Oval, Aug 15-17, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

He played well in the practice match. But Dhoni choosed Dhawan in 1st 3 test but after his drastic failure he choosed Gambhir. That's how he respect senior players.

Another thing. Who played well in that series? Vijay, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane ?? Who else??
No one. ?
And in the next series Dhawan got selected again. Not Gambhir.
Dhoni ruined career of so many senior players.
He deserve to be blamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread