Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

You have an option.
Just go to the academy-team manager and change the line-up for India. Just move Kohli to the position where ever you want and put a dummy guy in #3 position. Then, when you are selected to International team, you will replace that dummy guy.

dummy guy=dhawan
i know that i used to do in the same fashion but that`s just a work around but that doesnot solve the other problem like i will be playing with same squad for another 20 years that`s not reliastic.. I Definitely want dbc to support this feature of able to replace a player in the team when selected for that team and the team should update automatically with the current Team if it was changed from the team that was there in the career

The overwhelming majority of people don't care about online leaderboards in this game. That's based on the last year or so of feedback across multiple threads, feedback and being a pretty active online player myself. They're irrelevant. Online is crazy good in DBC when it works smoothly, it's a near-perfect execution of what online gameplay should be for cricket - online saves being the golden benchmark.

The massive stand-out flaw was the entire offline game was built around online leaderboards being "fair" which was silly, cause it was never going to happen. So you ended up with the career mode being hampered in service of an online leaderboard nobody bothered with.

Should simply be an opt-in/opt-out button for the user and that takes care of it. No need for an overally complex system whatsoever.
What are you going on about I am not talking about leaderboards?

Suggest something on here and wait for a shitty negative remark what a waste of time these threads are no wonder they are close to dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
like i will be playing with same squad for another 20 years that`s not reliastic...

Totally agree, one of the biggest flaws of the career mode and as I understand it, caused in part by the integration of online leaderboards for career mode. Dynamic lineups they've all-but guarinteed in the sequel and something that's a priority for us and I'm sure the guys too. Fully agree though, the "Phil Hughes" scenario I've cited a few times is a worst case scenario but it happens every time I play career now, so I skip most of the domestic matches now and just play career ODI's

I skip most of your boring statements now because you trample on other people’s apart from Dave you guys leave little notes for each other to thank that is some serious man love.

Do I feel bad about sending this no, why because you just shit all over my idea earlier without cause too.

"No need for an overally complex system whatsoever". It was obvious Matt.

"No need for an overally complex system whatsoever". It was obvious Matt.
Well no - he's talking about complex systems because the old game did things like scaling in career to try and level it out for the career leaderboards - Biggs has a legitimate complaint there.

I would disagree with that Matt. The message is meant to look that way imo, its indirect.

We all know how bad the existing leaderboards are anyway, it's well known.

"The overwhelming majority of people don't care about online leaderboards in this game. That's based on the last year or so of feedback across multiple threads" In other words any new ranked online feature is doomed to failure.

I would disagree with that Matt. The message is meant to look that way imo, its indirect.
Okay, so you're complaining about "a shitty negative remark" that requires you to read the absolute worst into a general comment that does not directly refer to your suggestion, and that just because he's negative about the general concept of leaderboards it must be an attack on your post specifically?

You are really stretching to find something to be offended at.

You have every right to be on your guard when people suggest something it’s shot down by the usual few people.

As an admin you have surely noticed this? I am move concerned you haven’t done anything about it as it kills the threads but jump into defend Biggs. I have never saw you jump in and defend anyone else.

I have never saw you jump in and defend anyone else.
Doing so was the entire point of this post I made a few days ago, to point out that despite the people who post disagreeing that it's something to care about - that feedback and feature suggestions like that are listened to or at least are valid. Equally though - me knowing about what features are or aren't in the game makes it more difficult for me to participate in some discussions. Defending the merit of a particular suggestion would easily result in people thinking that it is a confirmation of it.

The reason I'm jumping in now? This post:
I skip most of your boring statements now because you trample on other people’s apart from Dave you guys leave little notes for each other to thank that is some serious man love.

Do I feel bad about sending this no, why because you just shit all over my idea earlier without cause too.
In response to a post that was entirely constructive, and agreed with the poster he was replying to - you took it upon yourself to take another swipe. If you're going to skip his "boring statements" - put him on your ignore list and drop the running commentary.

Equally though - me knowing about what features are or aren't in the game makes it more difficult for me to participate in some discussions.

Matt can you expand on the scope of suggestions we can make now and still be considered for the game.

Like would it be more worthwhile to suggest camera angles for replay, or asking something a bit more bundled like a scenario creator.

Also regarding leader board, the only thing i think that requires a leaderboard is for academy creations which is more feedback oriented and with perks. Also more easily accessible say via some sort of link, so that curation is possible!

Matt can you expand on the scope of suggestions we can make now and still be considered for the game.
Not really.

Best to make suggestions that are your ideal, it can always be narrowed in scope from there if there's elements of a suggestion that can be put in at this stage.

@MattW a quick suggestion that popped in my mind, sorry if it has been already suggested. I have an idea of implementing the bowling actions and batting actions. Many people pointed out that bowling and batting actions should be different for different people. How about implement different actions to be set in the academy (in the player creator). For example while creating a bowler we could have the option to choose his bowling action, mitchell starc one or bumrah style or malinga style. :D

the only thing i think that requires a leaderboard is for academy creations which is more feedback oriented and with perks. Also more easily accessible say via some sort of link, so that curation is possible!

I'm wary of how they're going to fix that feedback system because the five-star and "get best" feature did not function at all. We had a forum thread for the dedicated but get best as a concept is wonderful but in implementation made the game worse.

I'd be wary to rank anything or create any base-stats this time around until we're absolutely sure what effect they have in-game.

Going forward perhaps having community members labelled as "curators" within the Academy to judge and maintain that side of the game so get best works effectively for the community.

I'd nominate Blocker for that in a heartbeat, there's a half dozen more guys that did the hard work in that area last time too. He kinda championed fixing a lot of that.

Users who are viewing this thread