IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
VK is unstoppable !!

I think this will be RCB's strategy. Just bat the opposition out in every game

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wasn't a best start to the comeback game, but finally, welcome back Shami!

Virat was looking too accustomed by the way. Brillianto innings!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really hope DD chase this down. They have the fire power to do it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Backing Delhi here! De Kock is looking good. If he gets a good score, Delhi will be set.

Feeling sad for Dhoni! :(

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sorry to say this, but with the bowling unit RCB has, they don't have anything to win this season.

Mitch Starc is enjoying his married life with severe injury while the boys are struggling to bowl.

Batting was really sick. They were at the position in 16th over where they seemed to score 220+ runs. But due to fantastic death over bowling by Delhi and with the blessings of so called finisher - Kedar Jadav, they ended up scoring 191.

3 overs (final)- two to three boundaries with just 10+ runs. Let the management send Aaravind on a long holiday and get in Varun Aaron.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Superb knock from De Kock! Delhi are winning this and need to complete the final rites for RCB! And also a fantastic knock from Karun Nair, who has himself played a wonderful support to De Kock!

Delhi looking nice. Hope the Zak+Dravid combo takes them really far. Would be very happy to see Delhi, Gujarat, Pune and RCB in the playoffs, though I feel Pune need to drastically re-model itself if they got to challenge for a playoff spot.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Feeling sad for Dhoni! :(

I don't think his heart is in it. I'm an MS fan and I've said it a lot of times and I will say it till I die, "MSD is the biggest blessing to Indian cricket." Yes, we've had better batsmen, better pure keepers, may be even a better captain but he is by far the most complete cricketer India has produced. However, his T20 template is jaded. I don't think RSP's choice of players picked helped in the auction but this game was not even out of the MSD template. FFS, Thisara Perera for Mitch Marsh? You have to be kidding me!! And then Perera at 4 ahead of Smith and MSD? RIDICULOUS!!!

I have seen a lot of banter about IK Pathan not getting a game? What has he done in the domestic circuit? Bowling 120 kmph up an down pies. Been on India's version of dancing with the stars? I'm sorry but when a team is losing, the bench is always stronger than the playing eleven. RSP is basically a weak side with a few match winners and a very jaded skipper.

Put this team on the park and back them for a bit-

Du Plessis
Rahane
Smith
M Marsh
A Morkel
MS Dhoni
Aparajith
R Ashwin
M Ashwin
I Pandey
RP Singh

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Doubt. MI & KKR/KXIP.

Anybody but KKR. Seriously! :p

Put this team on the park and back them for a bit-

Du Plessis
Rahane
Smith
M Marsh
A Morkel
MS Dhoni
Aparajith
R Ashwin
M Ashwin
I Pandey
RP Singh

This looks a nice side, with one change. I was stuff MSD inbetween Marsh and Morkel. Or even have MSD at No.4 and then Marsh/Morkel to follow. That way, MSD plays with freedom knowin that there are hitters coming after him.

And I am 200% confident MSD doesn't rate Aparajith and won't give him any chance whatsoever. In all those years with CSK, Aparajith did not get a single game. Poor kid! That guy is really talented but never ever got the opportunity.

grkrama

National Board President
I have seen a lot of banter about IK Pathan not getting a game? What has he done in the domestic circuit? Bowling 120 kmph up an down pies.

most of our bowlers bowl in 120s Ik is a better chance at an allrounder, and certainly valuable than RP singh!

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Irfan was good in recently finished Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. With both bat and ball. He definitely does not deserve to be on the bench for whole season like it was in the previous season. He should get to play more matches.

And RCB's bowling is a joke. Yes, we failed to score in the last four overs due to that horrible batting by Jadhav. But we should not be concerned with batting. Injured Starc is a big blow for us. Jadhav isn't even keeping well. I would prefer Rahul over Jadhav as Rahul is a better keeper if not a better batsmen( big hitter). We have enough batsmen already. Maybe RCB should give 1 or 2 more games for Jadhav and see how he performs.

I would go with this line-up for the next match against MI.

:bat:Gayle:os:
:bat:Kohli
:bat:ABD:os:
:ar:Watson:os:
:bat:Sarfaraz
:ar:Binny
:wk:Jadhav/Rahul
:bwl:Abu Nechim
:bwl:Chahal / Rasool
:bwl:Richardson/Milne:os:
:bwl:Aaron

We can even try Vikramjeet Malik after few games if the bowling is failing horribly.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Anybody but KKR. Seriously! :p

This looks a nice side, with one change. I was stuff MSD inbetween Marsh and Morkel. Or even have MSD at No.4 and then Marsh/Morkel to follow. That way, MSD plays with freedom knowin that there are hitters coming after him.

And I am 200% confident MSD doesn't rate Aparajith and won't give him any chance whatsoever. In all those years with CSK, Aparajith did not get a single game. Poor kid! That guy is really talented but never ever got the opportunity.

I agree with your assessment of Dhoni. I think you and I have agreed before that Dhoni is very rigid and stubborn. His mantra is completely the opposite of Kohli. For example, I was watching the RCB game yesterday with my friends (legion of die hard KKR fans) and as soon as I heard Weise in for Milne, I told them it's over unless we make 230. I was laughed at, turned out to be true. Not the first time VK made an unnecessary change.

Users who are viewing this thread