• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

merksfi

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Brett Lee banned from IPL
Written by: Brendon Meynell
Sports Force Interactive - Sydney

Injured Australian Speedstar Brett Lee has been sensationally banned from playing in the 2009 edition of the Indian Premier League by Cricket Australia, despite already being in South Africa for the upcoming tournament.

Brett Lee recently made an ambitious bid for inclusion into Australia's One Day squad who take on Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates next week, and after initially being named in the touring squad was ruled out just days ago after failing a medical test with the announcement that New South Wales bowler Doug Bollinger would replace the firey quick.

Lee opted to stay in South Africa with his Indian Premier League franchise, in a bid to overcome his injury and have some match fitness under his belt before the 2009 ICC Twenty20 World Cup to be staged in England ahead of the much anticipated Ashes Series.

However Cricket Australia this evening informed Brett Lee that due to being injured and unavailable for international duties, in there minds he is unfit to take part in this edition of the Indian Premier League, in what is a blow to the 33 year olds chances of making the Ashes squad to be named when Australia's involvement in the Twenty20 World Cup is over.

For the former bowling spearhead he knows that a good series for Bollinger in the UAE against Pakistan could see his replacement leapfrog him for test selection for the 2009 Ashes Series, and is desperate to make a return to the playing field.

It is believed that Brett Lee will make a final appeal to selectors seeking permission to play in Englands County Cricket for the much needed match practice.

Source: Sports Force Interactive

merksfi added 21 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

its a real shame he is out could of done wonders, looking forward to see how McCullum does as captain of Knight Riders!

King Cricket

International Coach
what is wrong with it, winning matters isn't it.

Forget intl side, has Mccullam ever captained his domestic side? Then how come KKR has made him the skipper for the first match in a mega-event like the IPL !? Buchanan is a funny man.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Forget intl side, has Mccullam ever captained his domestic side? Then how come KKR has made him the skipper for the first match in a mega-event like the IPL !? Buchanan is a funny man.

Buchanan is an innovative person thats why we have won 3 WC in a row.

King Cricket

International Coach
^Warne was right. If you make even our Ajit Agarkar the coach of a team containing 15 superstars even he will win 3 world cups in a row.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
KKR's new skipper McCullum! you joking me? i thought SRK knew business strategies pretty well. do they wanna lose Kolkata fans

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I dont mind replacing Saurav as captain, but McCullum? I feel they should continue with Saurav if they dont find a more experienced captain than him. Even though this is a youngsters format, experience of playing the game and captaining teams helps big time.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
KKR's new skipper McCullum! you joking me? i thought SRK knew business strategies pretty well. do they wanna lose Kolkata fans

ya!!no joking.KKR doing this thing because ipl is being played outside,so no chance of losing money:mad:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
true! but us the KKR fans at least want our team to win!! McCullum is not a skipper type player.

and btw whats up with this 7 Min Rule? money money money! they cant think of any thing else. if they wanted to do this, why after every 10 overs?? why cant they just add 7+7=14 min extra with the innings break, rather then stoping every 30 min. thats boring!

Users who are viewing this thread