IPL Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The Indian Premier League...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am a big McCullum fan but his captaincy to be honest hasn't been world class although I do think his VC behind the stumps has been good for NZ. Having said that the coaching staff must have seen something in him to appoint him ahead of Sourav, Gayle, Hodge etc

deerkick

Club Cricketer
I do like McCullum but I think Gayle would've been better suited for the job.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Ganguly stripping of the captaincy may be a financial loss for KKR, but it may prove to be a tactical advantage for KKR as McCullum is an agressive play and therefore the chances of him carrying that onto his captaincy are quite high -- Like Dhoni.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i feel sorry for Dada, he lost National Captaincy, now KKR. KKR arnt united at all, look back at last season, and this will create even more diversity in the team

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Well, if Kolkata wins the tournament, you won't hear anybody mentioning about the captaincy discussion. Last year, McCullum was their big player, till he went to the England series. The batsmen of Kolkata should do allright, but their bowlers are a worry, since Gul and Akhtar aren't playing.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Thats a big blow for the Royals.They now will look out for some other amateur bowler to step in ,into his place.Both KKR and RR are weak comparing to their last season.

King Cricket

International Coach
i feel sorry for Dada, he lost National Captaincy, now KKR. KKR arnt united at all, look back at last season, and this will create even more diversity in the team

We are the weakest team in this IPL having no unity at all. *sigh* Why is it always Dada can you tell me? What has he done? Why are all these guys after Dada? These people, before blaming Dada for KKR's failure last year should first look at the team we had:

1. Salman Butt
2. Md Hafeez
3. Laxmi Sukla
4. Hussey
5. Dada
6. A.Chopra/D.Das
7. Wriddhi
Not a single superstar in the team apart from Dada. And for all our domestic guys, it was just the first time. It's quite natural that they apart from Wriddhi didn't do well. And just look at the foreigners list! LOL! Not even Mike Brearly or WG Grace could have done any better with this team.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yup except Ishant there is no current Indian player in the team.But a lot of promising Domestic talents.Cant say they'll not perform though.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Very disappointed I will not be able to watch the IPL as Channel 10's ONE channel isn't available in regional areas. Very disappointing.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i am looking forward to DC vs RR game.

Gilly vs Warney & Gibbs vs Smithy

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
The tickets for the final went on sale today and by 9:30 they were completely sold out and the semis also almost sold out. I never thought the IPL would have been so popular. The day after the tickets were put on sale for wanderers, the first match was sold out and only one stand was left for the second match.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Google Lalit Modi, and go to Wiki! Find out what a Gangsta he was :D

Lalit Modi was charged and pleaded guilty to possession of 400 grams of cocaine, assault and kidnapping in 1985 while he was a student at Duke University, USA. He pleaded guilty on all charges and was sentenced to two years in prison. However, he did not serve any prison time and came back to India in 1986 after being released on probation.

In 2007 a PIL was filed in Mumbai High court challenging his position in BCCI on pretext of his criminal history. Though the court refused to unseat Modi, it asked the BCCI "to implement stringent regulatory measures so that those involved in criminal cases, not just illegal drugs but other serious charges have no place in administration".

yyee!! budaas

Lalit Modi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread