New Update Discussion

6anout

School Cricketer
love the game, still prefer 14 but that has had far more time to be polished. hopefully someone starts making some great players like 14 because most of them were bang on perfect. need to get dizzy bowling flat knacker to merv hughes asap.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hopefully discussion will now be about how to fix the game. Coming to that there is another anomaly in batting that I think should be rectified. When you try to play a good length ball to square/fine leg, you mostly end pulling the ball even when good length is on the fuller side. It mostly happens when the line is off sidish.
I think this should be looked into and pull should only start if ball is short enough. @cricket_online

Refining the batting shots should logically be the next step once the core batting has been fixed. As you said the good length deliveries (green) are pulled by the batsmen even when they are not short enough. Ideally a clip through the leg side should be played instead of a pull shot.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Refining the batting shots should logically be the next step once the core batting has been fixed. As you said the good length deliveries (green) are pulled by the batsmen even when they are not short enough. Ideally a clip through the leg side should be played instead of a pull shot.
One piece of advice I can offer is; Don't try to play green length balls square, unless your in a situation where you require runs, in test matches I've played the best way to play them is on the backfoot in the "V" (straight), but most of the time I find it best to "Leave" green based on length.

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
One piece of advice I can offer is; Don't try to play green length balls square, unless your in a situation where you require runs, in test matches I've played the best way to play them is on the backfoot in the "V" (straight), but most of the time I find it best to "Leave" green based on length.
what do you mean by in the V sorry if thats a dumb question

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I've got my batting approach nailed down pretty well and it's working quite well...

- If the length is short (red) play on the back foot. Pull it if it's on the stumps or towards leg side and cut it to Square gully if it's outside off
- If the length is good (green) and outside off either leave it or off drive it. If it's on the stumps or on leg either straight drive it or flick/glance it to Square Leg depending on the field
- If the delivery is fuller (yellow or purple) and outside off off drive it. If it's on the stumps or on leg either straight drive it or hit it to leg towards square leg

One thing to do is stay away from the front foot cut shot thingy (3'0 clock on right stick) as the batsman has a weird animation and either ends up moving towards leg and poking the bat outside off or leans in towards the ball depending on the length of the delivery. Have got dismissed quite a few times playing this shot and not using it helps in having a longer innings.[DOUBLEPOST=1482379458][/DOUBLEPOST]
what do you mean by in the V sorry if thats a dumb question

It's the arc between mid on and mid off (or wide mid on and wide mid off)

chaman82

County Cricketer
The fact that they listen to us and take our feedback is the best part.

Online difficulty added.
Fielders are better now.(ai)

More work needed in the following areas-

..Running by batsman to looked at (it's still very fast).May b a seperate attribute.
.. Batting backfoot play
..Batting missing cover arc region
..Pro cam camera movement
..Pro cam cheking batsman guard
..Pro cam sight screen reflection issue
..Field editor preset issue.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
You know them new backfoot drive animations? I've been finding they work a treat off of the green length deliveries huh? And I thought that playing them off the frontfoot was alot more dangerous (Prone to edging) which in my book is fairly realistic, because driving on the "UP" Is extremely difficult IRL. @cricket_online ... Sorry I'm typing on my ps4 *sigh* Its hard work lol

Last edited:

5hitkicker

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Get Best is working!! So I found that if I do Get Best for BBL teams for example I get all the proper players, kits and logos on the kits/bats. The only thing missing is the team logo (although the team logo is still on the kit). This is far better than I expected, not having the team logo for the moment is a small price to pay for a working Get Best!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Wow thanks to Ross for inspiring me to take the path of ignore button..That feature just filters and makes this thread amazing..Great stuff guys, lots of amazing discussions on their approach to batting and amazing to see a patch getting in before the christmas..Great job yet again by BA..

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
You know them new backfoot drive animations? I've been finding they work a treat off of the green length deliveries huh? And I thought that playing them off the frontfoot was alot more dangerous (Prone to edging) which in my book is fairly realistic, because driving on the "UP" Is extremely difficult IRL. @cricket_online ... Sorry I'm typing on my ps4 *sigh* Its hard work lol

I tried playing backfoot drives off good length (green) but I found them to be hit or miss. In case the good length delivery was a bit fuller I tend to miss the ball and get LBW or bowled. Playing the green colored deliveries on the front foot has been a safer option for me.

Finchell

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I tried playing backfoot drives off good length (green) but I found them to be hit or miss. In case the good length delivery was a bit fuller I tend to miss the ball and get LBW or bowled. Playing the green colored deliveries on the front foot has been a safer option for me.

now this is exactly right, and for good reason, because those green lengths aren't always the same, the same way that when you bowl you can elect green length then pitch it up a bit or a bit shorter with the bumper buttons.

you see green and think "oh back foot shot through covers' when in reality its a tad fuller then a normal green delivery and you have misplayed the shot!

i think this is outstanding!

*edit* oh and dont forget the pitch conditions, a hard wicket will make those green balls bounce even more!!! :)

raaja4773

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone know how to edit kits and player appearance after starting career or it's locked?

Users who are viewing this thread