New Update Discussion

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer
This is the first of a few patches I am sure, some people do seem to forget that DBC14 had a few patches as well to get it where it is now. Every patch is a step in the right direction. Loving DBC17 personally. Fast bowling causing me a few issues since the patch, but that's cause im not used to it yet haha

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
:):)
IMO it could be the fact that I've set "Shot Difficulty", "Delivery Quality" and "Footwork Difficulty" slider to 70 and the margin of error is quite less. Try bumping up these sliders and you will see that the game is not very forgiving when you try playing good length deliveries (green) off the back foot.

Alright I'll give those sliders a go mate! But give mine a go, and we'll meet back here at say "whenever suits o'clock"... But we'll give it a good go though, A thorough going over!

MY SLIDERS: CUSTOM DIFFICULTY

BALL MARKER DISPLAY TIME: 30 (although that's entirely a personal preference)
SHOT TIMING DIFFICULTY: 45
FOOT PLACEMENT DIFFICULTY: 50
BOWL QUALITY INFLUNCE: 50
SHOT CHOICE DIFFICULTY: 30

(Another few sliders I've tweaked are;)

PHYSICS-ALWAYS ACTIVE:

PACE BOWLING SPEED MIN: 55
PACE BOWLING SPEED MAX: 55
(BALL BOUNCE: 65)
(SHOT FORCE: 10)

^ Those two sliders I put in brackets I feel are important for two separate reasons. 1) BALL BOUNCE: Because the majority of good length balls (green ring) will be just passing over the top of stump height, making it a lot easier to decide whether to defend/attack and/or leave. 2) SHOT FORCE: Obviously this takes the force of most shots, at this setting I believe there's a good balance between balls going to the boundary, and balls pulling short of the boundary.

P.S. My initial thoughts while playing around with the sliders were to see how what strokes match up with what balls, what balls required a defensive/leave. Once you figure out that, I believe you'll get more enjoyment out of batting.:thumbs:)

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why set min and max bowl speed the same? U get no slower balls?

Ummm good question hah! I thought it would put the speed proportions equal... I think... if starc bowls at 150k's and his slow ball is 130k, then after "sliding" his top pace is 165k's and his slow pace is 145k's... I think that's how it works... But not certain, there seems to be a lot of variables.

mattk

Associate Cricketer
Why set min and max bowl speed the same? U get no slower balls?
By default they are both the same (I'm pretty sure) so I don't think that it works. Rather it increases the fastest ball's speed by X% and increases the slowest ball's speed by X%.

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Iam on Xbox One. Can anyone tell me what the game version should be after the 2nd patch?

My download finished much earlier than expected for a 700mb patch (slow internet). Iam not sure if the update has correctly downloaded. Also is there anything else to be looked at to check if the patch has installed correctly?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Try and play a casual match, before the match starts it will ask you choose jersey type for both teams (for eg t20,one day)

If it does, then you have patch 2
Iam on Xbox One. Can anyone tell me what the game version should be after the 2nd patch?

My download finished much earlier than expected for a 700mb patch (slow internet). Iam not sure if the update has correctly downloaded. Also is there anything else to be looked at to check if the patch has installed correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread