Story ICC Four Day World League: Go Rachel Go

D

Dutch

Dutch At Lunch Hanging On: Barresi leads again. 100 More Needed.

20170128200506_1.jpg

20170128200542_1.jpg

20170128200503_1.jpg

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It'd be great if you posted screenshots of the scorecards of simulated matches as well.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah love this thread, reminds me of old era stories!!

villafan001

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am I missing something, or are the drawn matches not being correctly shown in the league tables?

D

Dutch

I thought the same. Looks like first innings win maybe?

yeah it looks as if the draws and batting and bonus points arent registering properly: need to have a look. Strange thing was that although I had checked test match style wides to yes, it was still giving wides to anything down legside: then suddenly it was test match style wides after all! Maybe it kicks in after saving a time.....I'll go back and check my settings! Thanks to eevryone for the positive feedback: inspires to push on and maybe do some more extensive coverage and vids and such!

Edit: Mmm I am not sure whether I have done something wrong or not in the set up.....I will need to have a look and in the worst case scenario start the leagues again

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

As far as I can see I have set things up properly but it looks as if the registration of the points is fecked: bit of a bugger actually as I either need to just ignore that or make my own tables which is time-consuming! Bugger: ideas????

D

Dutch

ICC World First Class League Round-Ups:

Premier League:

There were runs galore to be had at the various matches in this weeks first round ties: New Zealand's Kane Willamson scored a wonderful dubble century in his sides comprehensive victory over Pakistan at Wellington. Dougie Bracewells five for 65 ensured the points went home with the Kiwi's. Pakistan have little to cheer about. New Zealand win by 311 runs. MOM: K.Williamson, New Zealand

Not to be outdone in the batting department South African Duminy schorched 228 in a fast paced game against Bangladesh. One would have thought 541 would have been more than enough for the Saffers but Bangladesh showed they were not going to be a pushover in this league and battle for a well-earned draw at The Wanderers with a great effort by Iqbal, Haque and Hasan over their two batting innings. Bangladesh will take a lot of confidence from this game while South africa's bowling unit looked decidely blunt and will need to heed the wake up call the Tigers have given them. Match drawn. MOM: J Duminy, South Africa

Sri Lanka were simply too good for England on a typical dry and spinning pitch. Chris Woakes and Stuart Broad saved the England blushes in the first innings but Gunathllaka and Mendes batted the England camp out of the match and deservedly took the points home. A small sliver of light for the English will be the fine spell that Rashid had which saw him amongst the wickets after a drought. Sri Lanka win by 225 runs. MOM: R.Herath, Sri Lank.

India showed no mercy over a West Indies side that failed to make better use of home advantage on a fast and bouncy pitch. They constantly overcooked the short ball stuff and were duly punished by an Indian side that made its intent clear by playing an aggressive counter-punching game. Raina's controlled but aggressive 175 not out was a joy to see and Kohli and Sharma brought the Indians home in style. West Indies will need to up their game if they want to have more than just a wooden spoon at the end of the season. India win by nine wickets. MOM: S Raina, India

Many predicted a David and Goliath type of confrontation; this time the story was re-written: some giants are just to big and Australia proved the case in a well earned win over Zimbabwe. To be fair Zimbabwe was no push over an offered resistance, especially in the first innings. But their second innings collapse after a good start left them only holding onto what might have been. Australia are not firing yet on all cylinders but it would be a brave man who bet against them finishing amongst the top crowd at the end of the season. Australia win by 139 runs. MOM: M.Starc, Australia

D

Dutch

First Round-Round-Ups

Divsion One

The United States
and Afghanistan played out a rather dour draw in Ney York after rain wiped out most of day two and the morning of day three. Shah's powerful 171 set Afghanistan up well but he was largely unsupported by the rest of the team. The US countered with good knocks from Allen en Taylor. Shahidi's 2nd innings century gave Afghanistan the edge but they came overs and time too short to bowl out a stubborn American side that will take great heart from this match. Match drawn: MOM: R. Shah, Afghanistan

Canada were comprehensively shoved aside by a strong Emirates side which saw them win inside three days. Kaleem's sublime 243 not out was a wonderful exhibition of free flowing stroke play. Canada can take little from this game except perhaps the consolation that they have already played one of the favourites for this group. MOM: M.KAleem, UAE

Ireland beat Kenya in an entertaining game in Nairobi. Kenya struggled after failing to get near Irelands excellent first innings knock and although they put in a much better second innings bowling effort their batting showed too much frailty to trouble the Irish. Wilson with 132 and Terry who was out on 99 after trying to score his hundred in style were the highlights of the game. Ngoche took ten wickets in the game for Kenya and will prove a handful in this league. MOM: S. Ngoche, Kenya

Scotland
beat The Netherlands by 61 runs. Thanks to Barresi The Netherlands made more of a match of it than they could of hoped. The Dutch can only hope that more of their batsman come to the fore as the season draws on. Scotland will take confidence from this game along with the well-earned points. MOM: C. de Lange, Scotland

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread