DBC17 Blobset Tools

So is it possible to use this and import all of the DBC 14 kits? or is this going to be like RLL3 and it can't be done because there are no licensed kits to replace?
Like RLL3, if they don't have a texture for it, they can't be replaced.

Are the stadium creator assets replaceable textures as well?

Yes. All of the stadium creator textures can be replaced. Had a poke around the blobset files last night and they are all there.

upload_2017-2-27_6-12-13.png upload_2017-2-27_6-10-28.png

Like RLL3, if they don't have a texture for it, they can't be replaced.

Hmm. Itchy's kits in RLL3 were all pre-made so required replacements of licensed in games but these ones in DBC 14 weren't they were replacing the in game kit creation textures does the blobset allow those to be replaced again like we did in 14? Or is that possible at all? I recall the premade kits couldn't replace custom kits in RLL3 but maybe we can replace those individual texture again. I hope anyway.

Hmm. Itchy's kits in RLL3 were all pre-made so required replacements of licensed in games but these ones in DBC 14 weren't they were replacing the in game kit creation textures does the blobset allow those to be replaced again like we did in 14? Or is that possible at all? I recall the premade kits couldn't replace custom kits in RLL3 but maybe we can replace those individual texture again. I hope anyway.

Right now we are at the same stage of modding as we were in the early months of DBC14, where we could only replace existing files not add new ones. The ability to add extra files (via the mygames\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder was, I think, patched in much later.

Right now we are at the same stage of modding as we were in the early months of DBC14, where we could only replace existing files not add new ones. The ability to add extra files (via the mygames\Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder was, I think, patched in much later.
I know but I am talking about replacing the current in game kit creation textures the same as what we did in DBC 14. This didn't happen in RLL3 because the game had licensed kits in the game for every team we were able to replace those kits entirely with one file and I don't recall ever being able to add new files in 14 only replace the current texture except we were able to make them team specific which pretty much did allow us to add new files in a way.

I know but I am talking about replacing the current in game kit creation textures the same as what we did in DBC 14. This didn't happen in RLL3 because the game had licensed kits in the game for every team we were able to replace those kits entirely with one file and I don't recall ever being able to add new files in 14 only replace the current texture except we were able to make them team specific which pretty much did allow us to add new files in a way.

In that case. Yes we can replace the existing textures for use in the editor. We just can't add more than what is allowed. So, all changes made will be global.

Right, I've finally managed to get things working. Before where I could only get large mirrored logos working for teams I have sorted out all logos including the ones on uniforms and in game to work with no crashing. The problem was that I was not using the same image compression as the game was. Please see some screenshots below, Also I have managed to get competition Logos working ! Thank you again @Wouldubeinta !!!

MmSA6xj.png

OLAfSnD.png

The problem was that I was not using the same image compression as the game was.

Can you show me how you're doing this? I've tried saving my DDS files to their respective folders in the mods folder but I can not for the life of me get them to show up in game. I suspect based on what you've said, it could be the compression.

@inertSpark what program are you using to edit the dds files ?

I'm using GIMP and the DDS plugin.

Compression options available are:

BC1 / DXT1
BC2 / DXT3
BC3 / DXT5
BC3nm / DXT5nm
BC4 / ATI1 (3Dc+)
BC5 / ATI2 (3Dc)
RXGB (DXT5)
Alpha Exponent (DXT5)
YCoCg (DXT5)
YCoCg scaled (DXT5)

Plus the usual colour space options, mipmap generation etc.

I'm using a program called Paint.net its freeware and I have attached the screenshots of setting I used below. I've been using this since DBC 14 and I have done all my modding using this so have become quite adept at using this program. The key to the compression setting is that once you save the DDS file it should be about the same file size as the original (compare the file size against the extracted blobset data originals). I cant find an exact match of settings that I am using to the options you listed above. All I can say with certainty is that it is definitely not DXT1 / DXT3 or DXT5 as I was using these before and the game didn't like the compression used for these. I figured this out via trial and error and I suspect that you will have to do the same unless of course you swap over to using Paint.net. What you are really after is a 32-bit ARGB pixel format, with alpha, that uses 8 bits per channel. Let me know how you get on and I'll try and help where I can.

sswvyWV.png

Does anyone know if the .bank sound files are moddable? a google search proved fruitless.

You can play them in Audacity, however I didn't check whether it can save them.

Users who are viewing this thread