DBC17 Blobset Tools

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Not good news for me, i've lost everything on my pc. All my source code is gone that i have work on for year's. Now i have reverse all my programs to scab what code i can get back.

Crap man! That sucks!

D

Deleted member 9102

This is fantastic, quality work @Wouldubeinta! Sucks that you lost your code :(... No chance of recovering the data with a tool like this?

@Bluebagger - Was that a DBC14 texture imported over? Nice to see a change in stumps anyway as IMO it's just as important to mod as bats. I'll take a look and have a go at making some when I get a bit of time off work.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@BigAntStudios

As this thread has peeked my interest, I wonder if you could clarify something for me.

As the current test build of the PS4 firmware supports a USB storage feature, could texture modding of the PS4 install feasibly work if transferred by USB onto a PC? I'm guessing not as Sony would probably encrypt the data, but it's worth asking.

I know I am pages and pages behind but IIRC didn't @francobaldo1 once say he got some bit of magic of fearsome tweak working on ps4: he could mess around with the Bradman on the landing screen or something? Or perhaps I hallucinated it

B

Bigby Wolf

Some Ranji Logos! (Also done team emblem logos for each of them)
ranjilogos.png

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I know I am pages and pages behind but IIRC didn't @francobaldo1 once say he got some bit of magic of fearsome tweak working on ps4: he could mess around with the Bradman on the landing screen or something? Or perhaps I hallucinated it

it was just a thing i tried when i didnt have my main computer for a week. I used NetCheat for some memory hacking, which allows to create some "cheats" (increase your
score, stamina etc.). It requires a ps3 with jailbreak, currently the jailbreak for ps4 seems very close, possibly in some months. Here is a video of NetCheat on ps3:

papalazarou

Club Captain
Dunno mate, I haven't looked too deeply into it. The commentary files work fine on my end but I noticed things like the sfx files which were also BANK files will not import. Suggests to me it *might* be something to do with the sample rate.

Ah, that'll be it. I was looking/hoping to modify the crowd sounds. So I guess I was trying to open the sfx files.

You need to extract the fsb files out of the bank files to extract them, I've got tools to do it, but atm I need to fix my bad sector windows 10 drive. I don't have access to my files till I reinstall windows :( Dam western digital drives.

Aw Man, fingers crossed you can still salvage some of the code.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Format for stumps? ARGB 8 bits per channel doesn't work.Also tried the default format of 14 version dxt5 and dxt1 neither of them worked.
That was ARGB8 that I used for the stumps as you're correct the default wasn't working. When I get home from work I can pm you the file so you can take a look at it but since it's not my original creation I don't really want to upload it publicly.

This is fantastic, quality work @Wouldubeinta! Sucks that you lost your code :(... No chance of recovering the data with a tool like this?

@Bluebagger - Was that a DBC14 texture imported over? Nice to see a change in stumps anyway as IMO it's just as important to mod as bats. I'll take a look and have a go at making some when I get a bit of time off work.

Yep that's a DBC 14 texture which gives good news we can carry over some stuff from that game to 17. I saved it in ARGB8 this time though as the DXT5/DXT1 weren't showing up.

D

Deleted member 9102

Yep that's a DBC 14 texture which gives good news we can carry over some stuff from that game to 17. I saved it in ARGB8 this time though as the DXT5/DXT1 weren't showing up.
Nice! I made a few stumps for 14 so it saves remaking those ones I guess.

If anyone wants to convert/re-release my stuff from 14 then I'm all for it and don't care about plagiarism/being credited, just want the game to look as complete as possible! Still got all the PSDs, reference pics etc. so if anyone might want them then let me know.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Well I got lucky and managed to recover everything I lost, what a relief.

Excellent news!

Quick question. You don't happen to know if the local club sides that you play against in career mode are in any way editable? Specifically I'm talking about the random ones that are included in the career mode on top of the 6 that you can edit. As it stands they are not editable in-game.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Excellent news!

Quick question. You don't happen to know if the local club sides that you play against in career mode are in any way editable? Specifically I'm talking about the random ones that are included in the career mode on top of the 6 that you can edit. As it stands they are not editable in-game.
Yes they can be, if they are stored in the save files.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Yes they can be, if they are stored in the save files.

That's good to know. It's weird playing village or small town sides who for some reason are playing in full stadiums.

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@Wouldubeinta great news that you managed to salvage your stuff! Mate your modding tools and code is phenomenal. I've been testing a few things and really want to push the boundaries of what can be modded and I've hit a bit of a snag. I've noticed that in career mode the game isn't using all available competition logos and have been trying to see if it is possible to allocate the unused competition logos to the competitions in career mode for a more immersive experience but have been unable to do so. I'm wondering if you have any thoughts or ideas on how I should proceed. I'm close to releasing a competition logo pack as well which I will share with the community in the next couple of days or so.

Users who are viewing this thread