DBC17 Blobset Tools

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What you are really after is a 32-bit ARGB pixel format, with alpha, that uses 8 bits per channel. Let me know how you get on and I'll try and help where I can.

This suggests I might want to try either the BC2 or the BC3 codecs. I'll give it a shot.

EDIT... sorry, nope that's not right. They are 8 bits per pixel.

papalazarou

Club Captain
I couldn't get them to open in Audacity (opening or importing) just got 'did not recognise file type. I'm probably missing something obvious. How did you manage it?

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Well I guess I will attempt at making a full on logo pack for all international and club teams by replacing the default assigned logos for the teams. This could take a while as there are loads of teams and I have limited time. I will also attempt to update all the competition logos as well, however I have noticed that while there are logos for competitions like the Sheffield Shield (Aus First Class) and (Matador Cup - ODIs), when in career mode it does not use these logos. It only uses the Australian Cricket general logo. This seems a little bit odd and I'm wondering if this can be edited or patched, but as of now I can't figure out how to do this. The good news though is that the T20 competitions have their own logo so I can add the BBL logo but for First Class and ODI cricket it looks like it is sharing one logo. I'll play around some more with this and feedback any discoveries.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I couldn't get them to open in Audacity (opening or importing) just got 'did not recognise file type. I'm probably missing something obvious. How did you manage it?

Import them as raw data.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Yeah, tried that but all I get is just distorted garbled audio. Does it need to be a particular sample rate or bit rate?

Cheers.

Dunno mate, I haven't looked too deeply into it. The commentary files work fine on my end but I noticed things like the sfx files which were also BANK files will not import. Suggests to me it *might* be something to do with the sample rate.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, tried that but all I get is just distorted garbled audio. Does it need to be a particular sample rate or bit rate?

Cheers.
You need to extract the fsb files out of the bank files to extract them, I've got tools to do it, but atm I need to fix my bad sector windows 10 drive. I don't have access to my files till I reinstall windows :( Dam western digital drives.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
I'm using a program called Paint.net its freeware and I have attached the screenshots of setting I used below. I've been using this since DBC 14 and I have done all my modding using this so have become quite adept at using this program. The key to the compression setting is that once you save the DDS file it should be about the same file size as the original (compare the file size against the extracted blobset data originals). I cant find an exact match of settings that I am using to the options you listed above. All I can say with certainty is that it is definitely not DXT1 / DXT3 or DXT5 as I was using these before and the game didn't like the compression used for these. I figured this out via trial and error and I suspect that you will have to do the same unless of course you swap over to using Paint.net. What you are really after is a 32-bit ARGB pixel format, with alpha, that uses 8 bits per channel. Let me know how you get on and I'll try and help where I can.

sswvyWV.png

Just thought I'd drop by and let you know that I didn't have to do anything with the compression in the end. All I needed to do was select the correct format of RGBA8 then it worked a charm.

upload_2017-2-28_6-2-53.png

Bluebagger

International Coach
How come there are RLL3 textures in the DBC 17 blobset? Also, what are these official sponsors like nab and coca cola where do they appear in the game?

nvm actually it appears these are from an AFL game. Is the canvant2-temp-intermediate folder relevant to any textures within the game? I see stuff from NRL and AFL games but also all of the sponsored stumps are here

I'm going to experiment and see if I can carry over any stuff I made for DBC 14. I've got some ideas for menu overhaul themes I'll get to working on when I figure that out too. Wouldy really should be working for bigant at this point

Bluebagger

International Coach
Wouldy you are magnificent!

This isn't my modded stumps btw just something easy to throw in to test it out.

20170228192316_1.jpg

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Not good news for me, i've lost everything on my pc. All my source code is gone that i have work on for year's. Now i have reverse all my programs to scab what code i can get back.

B

Bigby Wolf

20170228143222_1.jpg
20170228143217_1.jpg
20170228143212_1.jpg
Another one
20170228141146_1.jpg

P.S - Both the logos were done by me for the 14 version
ONLY Islamabad and Lahore logo (large_mirrored,small and hud_player logo) are done rest are academy downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread