DBC17 Blobset Tools

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent news!

Quick question. You don't happen to know if the local club sides that you play against in career mode are in any way editable? Specifically I'm talking about the random ones that are included in the career mode on top of the 6 that you can edit. As it stands they are not editable in-game.

I still don't understand why I was asked to choose six (and spent hours editing them in advance) when only one of them ended up in the game at all apart from my own team. I know it doesn't matter after a couple of seasons when you reach domestic level, but still, it's bizarre.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
@Wouldubeinta great news that you managed to salvage your stuff! Mate your modding tools and code is phenomenal. I've been testing a few things and really want to push the boundaries of what can be modded and I've hit a bit of a snag. I've noticed that in career mode the game isn't using all available competition logos and have been trying to see if it is possible to allocate the unused competition logos to the competitions in career mode for a more immersive experience but have been unable to do so. I'm wondering if you have any thoughts or ideas on how I should proceed. I'm close to releasing a competition logo pack as well which I will share with the community in the next couple of days or so.
You should be able to edit every texture in the game, I'll check it out.

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wanted to share with you guys a quick update on the progress (albeit a little slow).

England Themed menu ... (I need to figure out how to get rid of the green tint of the tiles when they are not selected / active, I wanted to change this to a blue tint to match the theme)

acrYLE8.png

Logo Updates

a5C1hrM.png

suddyz

Club Captain
You should be able to edit every texture in the game, I'll check it out.

I can certainly edit the textures as seen above in the screenshot but for example when in career mode rather than use the Sheffield Shield logo For 1st class Australian cricket the game is using the Australian Cricket Board Logo, same goes with the Matador Cup (The game uses the Australian Cricket Board Logo). However for the BBL it is using the correct logo, so this might not be an editing issue but an issue with which competition logos are associated with which logo files. Another example is that in career mode for domestic cricket in NZ the game uses only one logo (The NZ Cricket Logo) for all 3 domestic competitions (1st Class, ODI & T20). My question was is there a way to change which logos are associated with which competitions. This might be a coding issue rather than a modding of textures / logos issues.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I can certainly edit the textures as seen above in the screenshot but for example when in career mode rather than use the Sheffield Shield logo For 1st class Australian cricket the game is using the Australian Cricket Board Logo, same goes with the Matador Cup (The game uses the Australian Cricket Board Logo). However for the BBL it is using the correct logo, so this might not be an editing issue but an issue with which competition logos are associated with which logo files. Another example is that in career mode for domestic cricket in NZ the game uses only one logo (The NZ Cricket Logo) for all 3 domestic competitions (1st Class, ODI & T20). My question was is there a way to change which logos are associated with which competitions. This might be a coding issue rather than a modding of textures / logos issues.
Oh ok. It might be possible by editing the database files, not to sure.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i think changing the green tint must be done in code, for now the only way is probably use an external program

Bluebagger

International Coach
I made a quick 1990's theme for the menu, blobset creator is fun

1.png

Just wanted to share with you guys a quick update on the progress (albeit a little slow).

England Themed menu ... (I need to figure out how to get rid of the green tint of the tiles when they are not selected / active, I wanted to change this to a blue tint to match the theme)

Hey what's the folder path & file name you're using to make the training picture in the England menu?

nvm I got it

Last edited:

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone please tell can we change outfields like more greener in england,less greener in subcontinent???

papalazarou

Club Captain
Anyone please tell can we change outfields like more greener in england,less greener in subcontinent???

There are images in there that could be the outfields but I havent had time to test as yet. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to have a non mowed turf pattern outfield too.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 200

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
There are images in there that could be the outfields but I havent had time to test as yet. But yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to have a non mowed turf pattern outfield too.

Think there are texture maps for the length of the grass too. Haven't tested it.

suddyz

Club Captain
I'm finally pleased to announce the release of the competition logo pack I have been working on. I'll post this in the Planet Cricket Academy sub forum as well.

Link to Logos: http://www.filedropper.com/logoscompetition

Instructions:

1) You must have @Wouldubeinta 's Blobset creator Tool for these to work. The link is in the opening post of this thread. Please download and install the tool before proceeding to step 2.
2) Extract the attached file I have provided to the following directory C:\xxx\DBC17Mods\ui\ (xxx is where you have saved @Wouldubeinta 's blobset creator tool). Also to clarify this a little more the file I have attached will extract a folder called "logos_competition" and within this folder it contains two further sub folders ("Large" & "Small"). As Long as the "logos_competition" folder is extracted to the path above then all should be fine. So the final structure should look like this (C:\xxx\DBC17Mods\ui\logos_competition\Large & C:\xxx\DBC17Mods\ui\logos_competition\Small)
3) Then run the dbc17_blobset_creator application. When you go into the game next you should have all the custom competition logos available !

A couple of things to note here, as I mentioned before in one of my previous posts, not all logos are utilised in career mode. For example the for Domestic NZ First Class, ODI's & T20 competitions the game uses the general NZ Logo. In some cases the game will use the correct logos for example in the Australian league the game will correctly use the BBL logo. I have found that mainly the domestic T20 competitions will use their correct logos (Not All of them though). I think this is a coding issue and have not worked out how to resolve this yet. That being said all the logos you see in the attached picture below can be used in custom created competitions.

Below is a list detailing if Career Mode will use the correct logos.

MENS Competitions

Aus First Class = No (Aus Logo Used)
Aus ODI = No (Aus Logo Used)
Aus T20 = Yes (BBL)
Ban First Class = No (Ban Logo Used)
Ban ODI = No (Ban Logo Used)
Ban T20 = No (Ban Logo Used)
Eng First Class = No (Eng Logo Used)
Eng ODI = No (Eng Logo Used)
Eng T20 = No (Eng Logo Used)
Ind First Class = No (Ind Logo Used)
Ind ODI = No (Ind Logo Used)
Ind T20 = Yes (IPL)
International Matches = Yes (I have replaced the old international logo with the ICC logo)

NZ First Class = No (NZ Logo Used)
NZ ODI = No (NZ Logo Used)
NZ T20 = No (NZ Logo Used)
Pak First Class = No (Pak Logo Used)
Pak ODI = No (Pak Logo Used)
Pak T20 = Yes (PSL)
SA First Class = No (SA Logo Used)
SA ODI = No (SA Logo Used)
SA T20 = No (SA Logo Used)
SL First Class = No (SL Logo Used)
SL ODI = No (SL Logo Used)
SL T20 = No (SL Logo Used)
WI First Class = No (WI Logo Used)
WI ODI = No (WI Logo Used)
WI T20 = Yes (Caribbean Premier League)
World Cup = Yes
World T20 = Yes

Zim First Class = No (Zim Logo Used)
Zim ODI = No (Zim Logo Used)
Zim T20 = No (Zim Logo Used)

WOMENS Competitions

Womens Aus T20 = Yes
Women's Internationals = Yes (I have replaced the old international logo with the ICC logo)
Women's World Cup = Yes
Womens World T20 = Yes

All other Women's competitions = No

OTHER NOTES - I have changed the Custom League Logo to the ICC World Test Championship Logo & The Custom Tournament Logo to the ICC Champions Trophy Logo.

Credit: Thanks to @Wouldubeinta as without his tool none of this would have been possible.

qHk827G.jpg

Last edited:

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Someone please make mods of stumps and boundries ropes.

Users who are viewing this thread