Is this game really as bad as I am reading ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABHIII

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I been trying to get a refund but no luck!

Next time wont be purchasing big ants product on release if not at all!

images (29).jpg

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let me speak for myself here!
Fact, I bought DBC 17 on release date because I am loyal to BA.
Fact, I still have faith on BA, given their track records.
Fact, I promote and suggest people to buy this product and be optimistic about the direction.
Fact, I seriously liked Mr. Ross on his DBC 14 days till few months back when he used to crack jokes at times. Because, He was not being "someone weird and different" and co-operating with fans and involving us in the DBC 14 improvement programme.

Now Mr. Ross simply forgot the minimalistic "commercial" approach he should keep as CEO of BA. To simplify, he probably forgot how to treat your customers (heck the loyal one at least).
I admittedly publically apologised for one post I made out of frustration, badmouthing BA and misunderstanding a lot of things......... but! The entire system is changed unfortunately.

You can't clap with one hand and thus, I'm not putting all on BA. In this forum, we have an increasing amount of frustrated customer and negative nazis (even me at times), which may cause a little tension on BA guys alongside the constant drop on DBC 17 ratings and sell and thus the goodwill. But a more optimism, transparency and maturity from BA can push the negativities away. The initial phase of the "patch 4 release" thread justifies my pov.

enough said!

[Note: I'm not here to tell Mr. Ross how to do his Job. He is well equipped and I'm no one to direct him. And I'm not doing it either.]

Last edited:
D

Dutch

You are very special. Big ant studios loves you.

Don't just bring everything into a "oh you must be a BA sychophantic fanboy" argument all the time. Try and actually have a discussion about things. Is there actually anything unreasonable in what I said? I did not attack you or abuse you, I just pointed out that the fact that you do not like the game and feel agrieved in some way is not a valid reason to say Ross or anyone else cannot post here. That is not up to you, or me or anyone except the mods and admins of this place.

D

Dutch

Let me speak for myself here!
Fact, I bought DBC 17 on release date because I am loyal to BA.
Fact, I still have faith on BA, given their track records.
Fact, I promote and suggest people to buy this product and be optimistic about the direction.
Fact, I seriously liked Mr. Ross on his DBC 14 days till few months back when he used to crack jokes at times. Because, He was not being "someone weird and different" and co-operating with fans and involving us in the DBC 14 improvement programme.

Now Mr. Ross simply forgot the minimalistic "commercial" approach he should keep as CEO of BA. To simplify, he probably forgot how to treat your customers (heck the loyal one at least).
I admittedly publically apologised for one post I made out of frustration, badmouthing BA and misunderstanding a lot of things......... but! The entire system is changed unfortunately.

You can't clap with one hand and thus, I'm not putting all on BA. In this forum, we have an increasing amount of frustrated customer and negative nazis (even me at times), which may cause a little tension on BA guys alongside the constant drop on DBC 17 ratings and sell and thus the goodwill. But a more optimism, transparency and maturity from BA can push the negativities away. The initial phase of the "patch 4 release" thread justifies my pov.

enough said!
I think that people should also realise that Ross is not only a CEO of a company, he is also Ross, a human being with a life and chooses to post here and has done so in the past because he genuinely liked the banter and discussion that was here. When I am with my friends or people know or choose to be around they don't just look at me and say hey why is he talking like that I thought he was a plumber running his own business (which I am not, just as an example). We don't all post here just because we are "customers" of BA do we?

If you look at when Ross posts it is generally outside of office hours anyway, when he has probably had a good visit down old Jacobs Creek or a long conversation with Johnny Walker and is unwinding......like many of us use these forums for. Now if he were making posts in his customer support forum on his own site then there would be a reason to feel agrieved that the official customer support was saying things that I wouldn't expect as a paying customer looking for help....these forums ARE NOT the BA customer support site.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
More passion in here than the recent Aus v Ind test series! On one hand it's good to see so much interest in a cricket game, on the other it's disappointing that much of it isn't channeled in a constructive way.

1) The game has bugs, deficiencies, that can't be denied. But to call it unfinished/incomplete is misleading. It's a fully featured, fully supported game.
2) Having never played DBC 14, DBC 17 is a MASSIVE leap over and above any cricket game I've ever played. Therefore, I find it to be worth the money even in it's current state.
3) What I'm hearing is for those already invested in DBC 14, in it's current state it's not worth the additional lay out overall. Some things are better, some things are worse.

I waited until Patch 3 to buy, probably a wise move. I also have really only played career, and a bit of local multiplayer and I can honestly say I haven't experienced too many bugs, especially anything game breaking. It's frozen once in probably 20-30 hours on PS4. Saying that there are some annoying things like running between the wickets is not responsive after playing a shot and over throws occur far too often - although some of it can be mitigated when bowling and manually running the bowler back to the stumps after every ball.

To reiterate, having never played DBC 14, I am more than happy with the $89 outlay - saying that, $89 is not a big outlay for me.

I give it a solid 7 glances at the Australian dressing room out of 10

PS if you're reading reviews online, check the date is patch 3 (for console) was released around February 2017 so anything before that won't be reflective of how the game plays today. There were far more issues prior to the latest patch. As for current issues, the hope it they will be patched out of the game some time around the end of April, although it is somewhat a leap of faith as Bluebagger says, but Big Ant does have good history fixing bugs so I've heard.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
The thing is that if you read the official Big Ant forums you will see Ross flying off the handle 10 times worse than he does here.

What you may think of the game is one thing; you cannot determine who should make use of the forums or not. If Ross or anyone else wants to post here they can. You can decide for yourself whether you want to visit the forums.

Me? I like Ross being here and appreciate his efforts over the last five years on these forums.

I certainly do not adhere to your opinion of the game but that is my oponion.

Coming from the guy who wants this forum tailored exactly to his needs of how it was back in the day.

D

Dutch

The thing is that if you read the official Big Ant forums you will see Ross flying off the handle 10 times worse than he does here.

Coming from the guy who wants this forum tailored exactly to his needs of how it was back in the day.
Thought you would chip in. No that is not what I have said. You yourself complain very clearly when you feel posts of yours have been misrepresented. I would imagine then that you will appreciate that I too do not like that. Further more it has nothing to do with the actual point I was trying to make.

ImTheOnlyAstro

School Cricketer
I wouldn't mind in Career mode you can play any
Associate teams... like Canada, Ireland, America, Hong Kong just to name a few.

ABHIII

Club Captain
Don't just bring everything into a "oh you must be a BA sychophantic fanboy" argument all the time. Try and actually have a discussion about things. Is there actually anything unreasonable in what I said? I did not attack you or abuse you, I just pointed out that the fact that you do not like the game and feel agrieved in some way is not a valid reason to say Ross or anyone else cannot post here. That is not up to you, or me or anyone except the mods and admins of this place.

Looks like you are now a changed man. Praise the lord.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To add my 2 cents,
Is this game really as bad as I am reading?

No. A lot of it is just over-exaggeration and hyperboles - probably as a means to gather attention. Mind you, I'm not saying all are doing it, but most are.

Is the game incomplete/half-baked? Definitely not.
Does it have bugs? Yes, there's no denying that.
Are those in the process of being fixed? Yes.
What's the ETA of the next patch? End of April 2017

Should you buy it in its current state?
A lot of it depends on what you're trying to achieve out of it.
- Are you a casual gamer who doesn't care about stats or gameplay precision or other nuances of the game? Then yes, you can enjoy it.
- Are you a serious gamer who insists everything should work accurately? Then it's best to probably wait till the next patch is out (Going by your opening post, you seem to fall in this category)
- Are you someone who loves/is passionate about cricket and wants to have a cricket video game? Then go it.

Would I recommend you to buy it? Yes. It will take time but I've no doubt it will become what is has to become.

wilbur

Banned
Can someone actually explain the game to me.
Do you have to play as yourself ?
Can you play as the actual Australian team for example or the Bulls team for example with the real 11 ?
If so can you do this in certain tournaments or career mode etc etc ?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone actually explain the game to me.
Do you have to play as yourself ?
Can you play as the actual Australian team for example or the Bulls team for example with the real 11 ?
If so can you do this in certain tournaments or career mode etc etc ?
You can pretty much play whoever you like me personally I play as Australia and replicate all the games from the 80S using all the original players from that era it can take a while to set up but once you do its very satisfying

wilbur

Banned
You can pretty much play whoever you like me personally I play as Australia and replicate all the games from the 80S using all the original players from that era it can take a while to set up but once you do its very satisfying

So say I want to replicate the Australia and India series just gone, I can ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread