West Indies tour of England (Aug-Sept 2017)

WI has to get at least 350-400 on the board if they are to draw or avoid the follow on. I wouldn't give up so easily on them, they have batsmen who have done well from the tour games. Something big has to come from the middle order. All their batsmen look capable of producing some gritty innings.

Been out all day and haven't missed much, such a shame

So disappointing for tv, fans at ground at around the world. I just cannot get up for the series at the moment, it's so sad to see state of Windies cricket.

***zim soon to regret these poorly chosen words as England lose series 2-1***

Okay, so let's try a slightly different team for size:

:wi: :bat: Kraigg Brathwaite
:wi: :bat: Daniel Bell-Drummond
:wi: :bat: Darren Bravo
:wi: :wkb: Shai Hope
:wi: :bat: Shivnarine Chanderpaul
:wi: :ar: Roston Chase
:wi: :bat: Jermaine Blackwood
:wi: :ar: Jason Holder
:wi: :ar: Jofra Archer
:wi: :bwl: Kemar Roach
:wi: :bwl: Devendra Bishoo

Now, I've no way of knowing if the WICB would be able to persuade all of those players to turn out for the West Indies, but every one of those changes would strengthen the side.

And if you want a statistic to chew on, Kieran Powell scored two hundreds in a Test against Bangladesh in 2012. Since that match, his highest Test score is 49. The incumbent Test opening batsman, the third-most experienced player in the squad, has a highest score of 49 in the last 57 months. It's just a disgrace really.

England making a right pigs ear of this - 71-4?

Windies opening bowlers have bowled well tbf, but still. Looking to Root and then Stokes/Bairstow/Ali to save them once more........

Windies opening bowlers have bowled well tbf, but still. Looking to Root and then Stokes/Bairstow/Ali to save them once more........

i think we can be very grateful they dropped Root!

i think we can be very grateful they dropped Root!
let's not forget they have to bat so, a short game? Anyone for a result in three days.

England's saviour Moeen Ali is in next - we can all relax now

lol I'll be very lucky if Windies win this one, have a bet on them(on PC obviously) only because if they win I get 21 times the amount. :D ENG v/s WI PC

Thought they only had like 10% chance of winning but this is interesting, still feel England is in control.

England in control at 153-6 ? :eek:

COME ON MOEEN..........

England in control at 153-6 ? :eek:

COME ON MOEEN..........
2nd innings to come plus no confidence in Windies' batsmen(would be amazing to see them perform), hence still England still in control :p

Users who are viewing this thread