Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Scratching around ;)
So with the pitch not visually deteriorating, does it physically deteriorate and affect the ball's behaviour? Just wondering, I can add spin later in the test with game modifiers but I'd like to not have to.[DOUBLEPOST=1510995255][/DOUBLEPOST]

Haha yeah mine too. I got it from Amazon in the UK. Best thing to come out of Austria since ... what is Austria famous for exporting apart from the world's most evil dictator?

Yes still affects it, just visually not there, will be tweaked!!

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
Still think it looks stupid how many players are throwing with their left arm. How many of the Aussie team throw left arm in real life? Starc?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thanx BigAnt for Close batsman static camera this is what i miss so much, its feel like zoom detailed batsman view...
Yeah Cricket 2004 was my favorite cricket game and this camera angle reminds me of that game, Thanks Big Ant.
All we need now is a similar camera angle that follows the ball closely like in Cricket 2004 and it would be nice..but it's not important.

jay godhani

Club Cricketer
one question when select pitch that will really affect ball swim & spin, great if they make swim & spin variation tutorial/description references pitches....
& ball physics first/second inning...
also hows outfield works slow/fast etc.....

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I played this on Legend, Hard Batting, Very Hard Bowling.
Played this with Patch 4, not all shots are going for sixes now.
Good to see that.
Would love to see front foot lofted pull and cuts shots added in the game.

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone play the sweep shot? When I try it with L1 I always play a front foot slog.

Have you tried pointing the right stick towards fineleg/square leg while you do this?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I got the game yesterday and have played two career matches. Having 3-day matches at amateur level makes the game so much more immersive.

I've decided to go with the new buttons and for that reason I've started on pro and medium difficulties but did find myself getting out when trying to use the right analog stick when I should have pressed x etc.

It's been really great to read the forum feedback first before jumping right in.

I'll be persisting with my career and will play as England maybe in a custom league (Stats within the league?) or just casual if that's the only way stats save.

Obvioulsy Big Ant are on their third game and though we'd love on or two more tweaks, I'm sure we're all grateful not to be stuck playing with cartoon characters on Ashes 09 with limited customisation.

Many thanks, Big Ant. Can't wait to play more (Not sure wife and daughter agree!)
Big news! The game is not just a basic Ashes Cricket game (like previous ashes games) but also includes the typical Big Ant features like Career mode, logo creation, stadium creation etc..

I'm glad that this is another collaboration by CA with BigAnt. With all the ashes 'materials' like players, stadium etc.. are licensed, the game itself seems promising with its first trailer.

I'm surprised it doesn't say that on the packaging because if you didn't know and just read the info on the box you may think it was just England v Oz and as limiting as that. I would have thought they might have a line on the box saying 'there are or you can create other teams etc'.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm surprised it doesn't say that on the packaging because if you didn't know and just read the info on the box you may think it was just England v Oz and as limiting as that. I would have thought they might have a line on the box saying 'there are or you can create other teams etc'.
From what I've seen off DBC14 and 17, they did have that line in the 'features' section on the box. Not exactly that sentence, but a line stating that you can create or download custom teams through academy.

Users who are viewing this thread