International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On a side note. Why was Bailey sacked from captaincy? I thought he did a pretty wonderful job considering he built the side that win the 2015 World Cup. Plus, why was he dropped anyway? He batted beautifully, especially against India in the 2016 ODI Series. Then, I didnt see him anywhere.
I think it was because Australia were looking for youngsters in the future who could occupy that position of Number 4. Even it surprised me when he was dropped but looks like they wanted a settled #4 before the 2019 World Cup. Bailey is 36, it might be tough to play the World Cup and tough if he gets injured before the World Cup and no one is reliable enough to take that spot and do what he did. But really ever since he left, young batsmen have struggled in that position.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just have a random cricket question in mind.

Can a team field without WK? Like is it necessary that one player should always be in the WK position?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Random thought!

I strongly think that MS Dhoni managed to do what Afridi failed to do, in his career.

There is no doubt that Afridi has a fine hitter and based on that criterion alone, I would put Afridi over Dhoni.

But Dhoni quickly realised the important to sustaining pressure and utilise his role in the lower order. Its almost a sad state of Pakistani cricket than Afridi played for around 15 years at the top level but was never able to cement a role for himself in the batting division, a sad though if you consider the wasted potential.

Whereas, Dhoni was managed a lot better and learned his skill to a tee. Without him, India wouldn’t be sitting so pretty in this age of cricket.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Random thought!

I strongly think that MS Dhoni managed to do what Afridi failed to do, in his career.

There is no doubt that Afridi has a fine hitter and based on that criterion alone, I would put Afridi over Dhoni.

But Dhoni quickly realised the important to sustaining pressure and utilise his role in the lower order. Its almost a sad state of Pakistani cricket than Afridi played for around 15 years at the top level but was never able to cement a role for himself in the batting division, a sad though if you consider the wasted potential.

Whereas, Dhoni was managed a lot better and learned his skill to a tee. Without him, India wouldn’t be sitting so pretty in this age of cricket.
There was never and will never be a finer hitter of the cricket ball than Shahid Afridi.

D

Deleted member 46200

Not too off topic but a topic no less, what's the thing about Shane Warne and Lizz Hurley... ?

Stil

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
I'm an American cricket fan, been watching the game since I was an exchange student in England during an Ashes year. Something I don't understand is, why do people say T20 is exciting and will bring more fans to the game? To me, T20 robs the game of its context, discipline, and patience. If you know the bowlers have to bowl at the stumps more due to the narrower wides and the batsmen will be slogging for lots of fours and sixes, what exactly is exciting about that? Excitement often comes from someone doing something great at an unexpected time. If a batsman hits a six in a test match when the run rate is 2 or 3 runs per over, that's exciting. When they're doing it over and over in a T20 match because the format of the game is meant to allow it, it's just not the same.

Granted, it takes me 3 weeks to watch a single test (watching in 20-30 minute segments, by which time the next test has already started, all while I'm trying to avoid spoilers), but I still prefer it!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Granted, it takes me 3 weeks to watch a single test (watching in 20-30 minute segments, by which time the next test has already started, all while I'm trying to avoid spoilers), but I still prefer it!
I'd recommend watching highlights of each day. You can easily find them on the internet.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
*** A CONTROVERSIAL OPINION ***

I was going through the ESPN Cricinfo polls and found the recent one saying, which pitches are worst. Green tops were at the last, while rank turners being at no. 3

Also I saw that there ICC has rated 4 rank turners as poor pitches, since 2006 and no excessivr green tracks.

My question is, if the pitches which support Spin Bowling excessively, are rated poor, and the home teams are blamed for preparing such pitches, then why aren't the pitches that support page bowling excessively dealed the same.

Just look at this : http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...-test-australia-tour-of-south-africa-2011-12/

The 2nd and 3rd innings are a complete example of what I am saying, still this pitch was not rated poor. In this match, balls showed way too much seam movement, but still it wasn't rated poor.

Even the rules say,
The ICC's pitch and outfield monitoring process in 2010 states that a pitch is said to be poor if it any of the following apply:

• The pitch offers excessive seam movement at any stage of the match
  • The pitch displays excessive unevenness of bounce for any bowler at any stage of the match
  • The pitch offers excessive assistance to spin bowlers, especially early in the match
  • The pitch displays little or no seam movement or turn at any stage in the match together with no significant bounce or carry, thereby depriving the bowlers of a fair contest between bat and ball

Users who are viewing this thread