The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes I suppose that’s exactly what these forums are for you’re right. Thanks for your patience with me with this though. When I do get it right it will be in no small part to you. I was going to ask you about the txpk editing too as I would love to get boundaries and stumps for the English county championship (Specsavers I think) but that can wait until I get the basic updating right ha ha.
Bad news I’m afraid - I’m still getting the message (attached) while trying to update the file mapping on your copy of Ashes Blob-set Tools. I’ve made sure I’ve uninstalled the other version I had and made sure I’ve removed any ghost versions etc. I’ve tried several times and get the error messages at several different times during the procedure so not always at the same point. I don’t know what else can be using the files. It’s a very frustrating mystery. When I click ok the file mapping continues but with sporadic error messages.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Bad news I’m afraid - I’m still getting the message (attached) while trying to update the file mapping on your copy of Ashes Blob-set Tools. I’ve made sure I’ve uninstalled the other version I had and made sure I’ve removed any ghost versions etc. I’ve tried several times and get the error messages at several different times during the procedure so not always at the same point. I don’t know what else can be using the files. It’s a very frustrating mystery. When I click ok the file mapping continues but with sporadic error messages.
[DOUBLEPOST=1532780369][/DOUBLEPOST]I’m determined to solve this issue!![DOUBLEPOST=1532780423][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1532780369][/DOUBLEPOST]
I’m determined to solve this issue!!

Attachments

• 00837028-6F92-422E-B1D7-0E130F24613D.jpeg
    00837028-6F92-422E-B1D7-0E130F24613D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • A7D2EE37-6AE1-400A-B926-74BF69A3CBAB.jpeg
    A7D2EE37-6AE1-400A-B926-74BF69A3CBAB.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Again this doesn't really make sense.

All I can suggest is doing a complete clean reinstall of Ashes.
Yes I’ll follow your advice and go back to basics with a clean install. I’m somewhere between finding this very frustrating and completely hilarious at the moment. It would be me that would have issues that doesn’t make sense to anyone involved in the project

stephencox32

County Cricketer
Well I’ve tried a complete reinstall of the game but sadly come up with exactly the same result when trying to update the file mapping. I get the error at 2% 7% 11% and at frequent intervals throughout the process. It’s always the same message saying the file can’t be accessed as it’s being used by another process. Any last ditch ideas @Wouldubeinta or @Spoobir - I’m completely out of them now so it looks like the updates may not be coming my way sadly

stephencox32

County Cricketer
One final thing I have noted is that the blobset (blobset.0) has been created for sure and the file has been placed in the correct place in the game as I created it 10 minutes ago and checked in the files section of the game within steam and it told me the creation date and time and it was today at 17.13 - so why is it not showing up in the game!!???

stephencox32

County Cricketer
One final thing I have noted is that the blobset (blobset.0) has been created for sure and the file has been placed in the correct place in the game as I created it 10 minutes ago and checked in the files section of the game within steam and it told me the creation date and time and it was today at 17.13 - so why is it not showing up in the game!!???
@Spoobir Hi. I have identified the things that have updated and what haven’t. The field marker and boundary ropes have updated but the stumps haven’t. Also the uniforms have not updated. I’m wondering if the latter files are in the wrong folders within the AshesMods folder. Can I just check which folders the uniforms and stumps need to be in please? It’s the only thing I can think of as to why some things have updated and not others. Thanks Stephen

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@Spoobir Hi. I have identified the things that have updated and what haven’t. The field marker and boundary ropes have updated but the stumps haven’t. Also the uniforms have not updated. I’m wondering if the latter files are in the wrong folders within the AshesMods folder. Can I just check which folders the uniforms and stumps need to be in please? It’s the only thing I can think of as to why some things have updated and not others. Thanks Stephen

I mean, you're literally using the exact same folders I am. I even just tested resetting my own blobset and reapplying the mods and it worked fine.

Anyway stumps should be in AshesMods\textures\stumps and I can see from the screenshots that the uniforms are in the right place.

The big red flag for me is the error messages when you try to update the file mapping. But unless Wouldy comes and tells us what they mean I am all out of ideas.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I mean, you're literally using the exact same folders I am. I even just tested resetting my own blobset and reapplying the mods and it worked fine.

Anyway stumps should be in AshesMods\textures\stumps and I can see from the screenshots that the uniforms are in the right place.

The big red flag for me is the error messages when you try to update the file mapping. But unless Wouldy comes and tells us what they mean I am all out of ideas.
Thanks for checkinf your own set up and letting me know the outcome. It’s a complete mystery to me now then. I must admit every time I’ve tried to update the file mapping I’ve encountered those errors. I wondered if there was another version of AshesMods folder installed somewhere that might have been causing conflicts but I’ve checked and your Ashesblobset Tools is the only one installed. To be clear: I unzip Ashes Blobset to c: Ashes Blob set. I then start up Ashes Blobset set tools. Your file list appears in the program and I select create blobset. This should install the files listed into my Ashes location which is
c:\program files(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\ashes\

It says writing files and then blobset file has been created.
Hopefully @Wouldubeinta will step in and explain what the errors are that I’m getting as I, like you, am now at a complete loss. Thanks for all your help with it all. If I get it sorted I’ll let you know

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I checked the error messages and it seems to have something to do with the files in the “data” folder within the Ashes Blobset Tools folder. The error messages say The .bin files can’t be accessed as they are being used by another process. I did notice that they were associated with a program I have called power iso but I deleted that program hoping that would work but no I still get the message saying those .bin files are being used by another process. I’m not sure what the files are used for so don’t know where to look from there. I hope @Wouldubeinta has some idea.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I did notice that they were associated with a program I have called power iso but I deleted that program
I've a little information to share about this! You had no reason to delete PowerISO. It was showing the association because it was your default programme to zip, unzip compressed folders. I understand your frustration but some programmes like these, never interfares with steam games.

Now, just a question! Did you try the blobset creator without txpk editing? I got that working though. The only sacrifice you'll have to make here, is the boundary ropes will be default. You can change pitch ads inside stadium editor with downloaded stuff from community. May be you'll try it without txpk

stephencox32

County Cricketer
I've a little information to share about this! You had no reason to delete PowerISO. It was showing the association because it was your default programme to zip, unzip compressed folders. I understand your frustration but some programmes like these, never interfares with steam games.

Now, just a question! Did you try the blobset creator without txpk editing? I got that working though. The only sacrifice you'll have to make here, is the boundary ropes will be default. You can change pitch ads inside stadium editor with downloaded stuff from community. May be you'll try it without txpk
Hi. Thanks for getting in touch. It’s good news about what you have said about PowerISO - I’ll re-download it - I just thought it may have been using the .bin files and was causing conflict. Do I need to do anything with the .bin files in the data folder in Blobset Tools do you know? The most frustrating thing is that I cannot seem to change the stumps within Blobset Tools - no matter what I try. When I’ve checked they are all where they should be within Blobset Tools but just don’t seem to be recognised within the game. Similarly the updated kits but as you say at least I can get those from the community. I have tried the blobset tools with and without txpk editing (I think). I just loaded up Ashes Blobset with files from Spoorbir and pressed create. The blobset is created fine but then not translate everything to the game when I’ve tried to update the file mapping that is when I get error messages. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I’ll try your advice

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Hi. Thanks for getting in touch. It’s good news about what you have said about PowerISO - I’ll re-download it - I just thought it may have been using the .bin files and was causing conflict. Do I need to do anything with the .bin files in the data folder in Blobset Tools do you know? The most frustrating thing is that I cannot seem to change the stumps within Blobset Tools - no matter what I try. When I’ve checked they are all where they should be within Blobset Tools but just don’t seem to be recognised within the game. Similarly the updated kits but as you say at least I can get those from the community. I have tried the blobset tools with and without txpk editing (I think). I just loaded up Ashes Blobset with files from Spoorbir and pressed create. The blobset is created fine but then not translate everything to the game when I’ve tried to update the file mapping that is when I get error messages. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I’ll try your advice
All you need, a process pdf with screenshots it seems! I'll provide one later today! Relax!

stephencox32

County Cricketer
All you need, a process pdf with screenshots it seems! I'll provide one later today! Relax!
Yes please that would be great and exactly what I could do with. Sorry if I appear agitated with this it’s just been very frustrating. I normally consider myself quite competent with things like this but it’s got me stumped if you pardon the pun! Thanks for your help!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Hey @stephencox32 ! Sorry, I'm little occupied. Can you just quickly do three things?
1. Share your Ashes Cricket PC game directory location, a complete one.
2. Cut "My Games" folder from your Documents directory and keep it somewhere safe as a backup. Then Turn off Steam Cloud Sync (if it's on) which will prevent auto-download of your steam save files.
3. Run steam validation for Ashes, so that your files are in order.

Once I'll receive your directory location, I'll share my blobset pack with you. All you'll be needing then, is to create blobset. Please Note, My blobset pack is excluding txpks. It has stumps but no boundary ropes.

Users who are viewing this thread