Cricket 19 General Discussion

A

Ankush978

R
We

Well the ball bowled outside leg stump in real life is also wide.. but when you bat way outside the stumps there is a high amount of risk in the real life game as against in ashes cricket.. that's why asked to increase the risk factor.
Risk factor is there now to if you bowl a great line but match mode should be vetran or legend its not that easy against good bowlers online.You can give a try against me.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Fingers crossed for Medium-Fast bowlers.
I've seen this asked for occasionally - I've personally always been of the view 'Medium-Fast' and 'Fast-Medium' are interchangeable - and a lot of broadcasters use one exclusively and others will use different terms to describe the same bowler. Certainly I've not seen very consistent views of where one term stops and the other starts.

Or is it more that it would be more helpful to have more precise bowler speed ranges, to match to the speeds rather than strict usage of a particular term over another?

(I'll try to field questions as I can, but I can't comment on things that are not announced)

Nix71289

Club Captain
R

Risk factor is there now to if you bowl a great line but match mode should be vetran or legend its not that easy against good bowlers online.You can give a try against me.
I'm the one who keeps playing against you with id nithin71289. I know what I'm writing, been part of tons of leagues in ashes 17. There are players even at legend mode who just keeps playing only one shot.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW will the game support HDR as I remember the xbox 1 version did and the PS4 pro didn't support it.

any way of adding a mode for 4K TV owners, like high framerate or better graphics or graphic enhancements.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey Matt Can you say if ashes cricket 17 academy will get Transferred over to 19 so content creator don't have to start over again

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Obviously gameplay is most important + other much requested changes to fielding etc but for authenticity would be nice to select crowd size etc on options screen, as Hove in April doesn’t have a full house for Div 2 county game with everyone bouncing of the stands , just one man and his dog = me :)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Career mode said to be 20 years long.... what if you suck so badly you never make it to international cricket ;) ehehehe , the career must be built around your skill, if you suck you suck and stay in the minors, making international must be a real achievement and your "talent" or skills must be enhanced by your performance on the field period otherwise its pointless -- I want a trophy cabinet! Hall of fame and stuff ;)

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
(I'll try to field questions as I can, but I can't comment on things that are not announced)

Fair enough!:cheers
@MattW When is the next announcement of the game coming ?? How is @BigAntStudios planning to advertise the game ?? By a lot of Teasers/Trailers or online/social media Ads or demo games on consoles? Mere posters like Ashes may not be enough..

Last edited:

handsome

International Coach
Suprise no one is asking the big question "When is the release date" or "when do you reveal/release the release date"?

I'm sure if Ross would answer it would be last week of May.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Suprise no one is asking the big question "When is the release date" or "when do you reveal/release the release date"?

@MattW clearly said he can’t comment on things that are not announced. So no point asking the exact date of release before announcement.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

World Cup starts 30th May - so Im guess 29th May release date :)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've seen this asked for occasionally - I've personally always been of the view 'Medium-Fast' and 'Fast-Medium' are interchangeable - and a lot of broadcasters use one exclusively and others will use different terms to describe the same bowler. Certainly I've not seen very consistent views of where one term stops and the other starts.

Or is it more that it would be more helpful to have more precise bowler speed ranges, to match to the speeds rather than strict usage of a particular term over another?

It's definitely the latter, being able to set more precise bowling speeds. In terms of the designation of Medium Fast (and Fast Medium or Fast for that matter) it is very subjective. I agree.

Under the current system in the academy the bowling speeds seem very broad in comparison with DBC 17. And given that speed is considered a skill (which it could be considered so) in order get balanced bowlers, who bowl about 80 mphs, you either over skill a medium pacer (90-100) or under skill a fast medium (0-10). At least when I've reskilled players this means other areas are perhaps overpowered in order to maintain a high overall ability.

Being able to set a numerical average speed, and maybe top speed and slower ball speed, could be a better way.

Another thing that could be a nice addition would be able to have interchangeable run up lengths. So a fast bowler could use a FM length as a 'short run up or medium pacer could have a FM length as a long run up. It'd be purely cosmetic but a nice option to have.

Users who are viewing this thread