Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Till yesterday at any given time there was 20+ users logged in and 20+ guests viewing this thread. Since today its come down to a total of 20. The forum needs to be active and Big Ant need to drop in small details at least once a week to keep up the word of mouth publicity.

Pretty sure an active forum here will draw more potential customers.
Last week it was ECB who released the the news before Bigants published (I think so), even Matt said he was aware of the news only when it was posted here. So I guess ECB is taking care of Marketing this time.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
beat South Africa in the opening game of the World Cup

So in that case marketing is now over.... FOR GOOD

You would have been better off saying something like SA tie a semi-final after looking like an ALL TIME GREATEST XI and bowing out after winning all their games by 300 runs.

Like that time we beat India in 2011 and they won the world cup

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So in that case marketing is now over.... FOR GOOD

You would have been better off saying something like SA tie a semi-final after looking like an ALL TIME GREATEST XI and bowing out after winning all their games by 300 runs.
I was at Edgbaston in 1999. Putting 'Cricket 19 Out Now' on the big screen would have made more sense to most of us in the crowd than when it said 'Australia qualify.'

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was at Edgbaston in 1999. Putting 'Cricket 19 Out Now' on the big screen would have made more sense to most of us in the crowd than when it said 'Australia qualify.'
Best one day match I have ever seen......

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Makhaya Ntini walks out with a copy of Cricket 19 hidden inside his chest guard.. Once the winning runs are scored he takes the disc out and Ponting gives him a controller using which he starts batting again on the scenario mode.. only this time Australia wins by 1 run..

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Till yesterday at any given time there was 20+ users logged in and 20+ guests viewing this thread. Since today its come down to a total of 20. The forum needs to be active and Big Ant need to drop in small details at least once a week to keep up the word of mouth publicity.

Pretty sure an active forum here will draw more potential customers.
I'm starting to think the reason some users think Big Ant posting new information about the game in this thread is so important to "draw more potential customers" is just an excuse for them to find out more information about the game.

Surely no one would think that swifty would work on Big Ant... Who's staff have years of experience and qualifications in successful marketing... Would they?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'm starting to think the reason some users think Big Ant posting new information about the game in this thread is so important to "draw more potential customers" is just an excuse for them to find out more information about the game.

Surely no one would think that swifty would work on Big Ant... Who's staff have years of experience and qualifications in successful marketing... Would they?
Well Plan A of asking MattW directly didn't work. I'm interested to see what Plan C is.

D

Dutch

Hi guys I am launching my new skincare product: “Stokesy.....takes more than just your stumble off.....”

.....thought this would be the best place to have my global launch.....cheers....oh...eh...buy it!

I launched it as well via the ECB....turns out that was the European Central Bank.....blew all ten quid of my advertising budget....

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
My suggested strategy: no more information until Joe Root hits the winning runs as England beat South Africa in the opening game of the World Cup, pulls his shirt over his head to reveal an undershirt with 'CRICKET 19. OUT NOW AND FREE TO PLAY'.
I’m no marketing guru, but I’ve got an idea and I think this would be much much more effective without an undershirt.. too conservative for my liking.. possibly maybe even be much more impressive if he pulled down his strides and had written on his dairy air -cricket 19- “out” “now”with one of the o’s strategically place for maximum attention and err exposure!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I’m no marketing guru, but I’ve got an idea and I think this would be much much more effective without an undershirt.. too conservative for my liking.. possibly maybe even be much more impressive if he pulled down his strides and had written on his dairy air -cricket 19- “out” “now”with one of the o’s strategically place for maximum attention and err exposure!
Well, the ECB do want to reach a new audience for The Hundred. No reason this strategy can't be used for that, just substitute an O with a 0.

D

Dutch

Mwha reminds me of the joke of the woman who decided to tattoo B B on her bumcheeks for her husband who adored bridget bardot....she turns round bends over and says look love what i did for you....he says very nice but who the feck is Bob!

Users who are viewing this thread