Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Horrible batting by RCB! They made the pitch look like a minefield, when it clearly is not. If it was a better team, they would’ve got 115-120 and that’d be very challenging. And that’s not a bad thing to have in a T20 match.

The pitch is getting unnecessary brickbats for some nonsense batting.

Though, if this pitch continues like this for this season, CSK will make Chepauk their fortress. This is why they stacked their side with spinners on the auction.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Horrible batting by RCB! They made the pitch look like a minefield, when it clearly is not. If it was a better team, they would’ve got 115-120 and that’d be very challenging. And that’s not a bad thing to have in a T20 match.

Though, if this pitch continues like this for this season, CSK will make Chepauk their fortress. This is why they stacked their side with spinners on the auction.
Agreed RCB batted horribly but pitch is surely minefield. Look at how the ball spun and it's not just random 1 or 2 balls which did that.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Even if Kohli had thought we would get a good score, how does he expect to win the match when Umesh and Siraj bowls the death over with inexperienced Saini ? Also I don't understand how he failed to read this pitch ?

Man. Kohli never fails to amuse me.

Just watch Saini run in. I have been harping about his inclusion since he was picked in 2018. And this is a dead as a dodo pitch.

Chennai needs to be handed a serious reprimand for this pitch!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

CSK themselves are struggling. This is not a t20 wicket. RCB batted like morons but this is not a T20 standard wicket.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
When you know that pitch is on a slower side, the experienced player like ABD could've just joined Parthiv and go on defensive mode. Still they thought it was a batting wicket (credits to Kohli).

Poor Captaincy to get only 2 spinners on a spin track compared to 4 spinners of CSK. They did bat really bad but we can clearly see that even CSK batsmen have been struggling to get runs. If not RCB had dropped those catches and missed run-out chances, CSK would've been in a similar situation as RCB in 8th over.

No Ifs and buts. We have been poor and that led to our loss. But Chennai should make sure to prepare pitches of t20 standards and not Test standards. I think even test pitch would've been better even on day 4.

B

Bigby Wolf

If only RCB would have batted a bit sensibly and posted a total of about 110s - 120s and had a extra spinner or two.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is my XI for RCB which will escape the eagle eyes of the great tactical genius Kohli-

Vohra
Parthiv
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
CDG
Woakes
Southee
Yadav
Chahal
Saini

Been rooting for Navdeep Saini since last year. Someone please tell me he doesn't look more threatening than Umesh or Siraj?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
When you know that pitch is on a slower side, the experienced player like ABD could've just joined Parthiv and go on defensive mode. Still they thought it was a batting wicket (credits to Kohli).

Poor Captaincy to get only 2 spinners on a spin track compared to 4 spinners of CSK. They did bat really bad but we can clearly see that even CSK batsmen have been struggling to get runs. If not RCB had dropped those catches and missed run-out chances, CSK would've been in a similar situation as RCB in 8th over.

No Ifs and buts. We have been poor and that led to our loss. But Chennai should make sure to prepare pitches of t20 standards and not Test standards. I think even test pitch would've been better even on day 4.

Moeen Ali is a 6th bowler. CSK if you count part timers had 5 spinners. Kohli is a lame excuse in the name of captaincy. I am just delighted I went to the pub with my friends BULLISH that CSK would trounce RCB.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Moeen Ali is a 6th bowler. CSK if you count part timers had 5 spinners. Kohli is a lame excuse in the name of captaincy. I am just delighted I went to the pub with my friends BULLISH that CSK would trounce RCB.
Got to read few tweets where apart from CSK fans, most of the people agree that pitch is not upto t20 standards. And those include tweets from some sports journalists, some cricketers and some neutral people supporting other IPL teams.

I was wondering why CSK has got so many spinners this season. With finals being played in Chennai (most probably),

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Considering how the match ended, we were pretty good with the ball by defending 70 and taking the match to 18th over. Was thinking, match would get over within 8-10 overs max (if we consider CSK bowled well and pitch was good. CSK fans, happy? :p).

A positive from the game, Chahal is performing with the ball (he failed inilast season) and we have found a good local bowler Saini who has finally got chance to play this season. Still few more games to go before we can call him a good local pick by RCB.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Got to read few tweets where apart from CSK fans, most of the people agree that pitch is not upto t20 standards. And those include tweets from some sports journalists, some cricketers and some neutral people supporting other IPL teams.

I was wondering why CSK has got so many spinners this season. With finals being played in Chennai (most probably),

The pitch is a write off. I hope Chennai doesn't continue with this garbage.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

This is not a pitch for a T20 match. It looked like they were playing a T20 match on a day 4 pitch.

Just watch Saini run in. I have been harping about his inclusion since he was picked in 2018. And this is a dead as a dodo pitch.

I heard he travelled to South Africa last year with the Indian team to give practice to our players since we didn't play any warm-up games there. I think Avesh Khan and Siraj also went with the team. Saini definately looked good to me and surely can be a player to watch out for if he gets some favourable conditions.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is not a pitch for a T20 match. It looked like they were playing a T20 match on a day 4 pitch.

I heard he travelled to South Africa last year with the Indian team to give practice to our players since we didn't play any warm-up games there. I think Avesh Khan and Siraj also went with the team. Saini definately looked good to me and surely can be a player to watch out for if he gets some favourable conditions.

I had followed Saini's progress in the lead up to the 2018 IPL and only a fool like Kohli could have bowled Corey Anderson in the death and not played a talent like Saini for even a game. Corey Anderson had not even bowled for a year!!

Washinton Sundar was consistently on the fringes of playing for India and breaking through. He now finds himself not even playing in an IPL franchise consistently. I think he's mentally strong, but his confidence has surely taken a knock. I mean, he didn't play today ffs.

B

Bigby Wolf

In how many channels are they broadcasting the IPL in India ? There is Starports 1 and Hindi 1 , Select 1, Starsports 2 ,Star Gold ,Hungama channel and perhaps even more if other regional languages are included.

Users who are viewing this thread