OTHER Snooker 19

D

Dutch

Ah, yes. James White & Sons, Purveyors of Fine Meats. I know him well. Splendid fellow. Never knew he could play snooker.
He always knew what was at stake though and made mincemeat of the opposition, until he got the chop of course......

D

Deleted member 193590

Amazingly some people have already received their copy.here's some career mode play.

kamy100

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My copy arrived early from the game collection.

My first match on Snooker 19, me playing very badly against the AI (on Hard Ranks 1-20). The animations and presentation are not brilliant but on the table it is excellent with the ball physics, spin etc exactly as I would expect it to be. I am not to bothered about the animations not being brilliant because gameplay is very promising:

D

Dutch

Animations of the players is very poor...but as you say the physics seems half decent...sound is pretty good....one of the players is standing in the table at one point! thefactthat each shot has the flashing screen inbetween puts me off a little bit......ruins the flow.......but yeah as you say agmeplay is king and if that is half decent its a start.....

D

Deleted member 193590

Let's not forget this game has come out 5 days early,so there will probably be a day 1 patch on Wednesday that hopefully will get rid of most of these glitches.

kamy100

County Cricketer
Apparently this is an pre-EGX build according to someone on AVFORUMS, patch due to on Wednesday which will upgrade animations etc.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The day 1 patch has a lot to do

Animations are terrible (look at their WSC 2005 game, they were perfect)
Flashing screen between each shot is awful
On rest play the rest is left on table after shot

Remember a lot of Lab42 worked for Blade Interactive who developed all the WSC Snooker games from the noughties so this is about their 10th attempt at a snooker game

I may wait before buying

kamy100

County Cricketer
Here is another video from a career mode match, apologies for the poor colour I think because it was on my 4K TV with HDR on it didn't record as it should. As for AI, when playing someone who is easy rank (60 and below) they do make plenty of mistakes, but it is true that the higher ranked opponents make very few mistakes. What I would say that both positives and negatives we shouldn't make a real judgements as clearly this is a pre-release version of the game, we got it early but with a release day patch due to drop on Wednesday that is time to judge.

Anyway career mode match, I made a crucial mistake when ahead and was made to pay:

D

Deleted member 193590

I'm going to wait and see what This Is Snooker is like before I decide.

Mark William's wife is not happy that he's not on the cover:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/771898/mark-williams-snooker-19-wife-twitter-rant

Yes, it's because he's Welsh :lol

I think these 2 snooker games are going to be like fifa and pes.snooker 19 has all the licensing and the flashy presentation and probably quite arcadey,where as this is snooker will probably play better,but will feel quite barebones?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Here is another video from a career mode match, apologies for the poor colour I think because it was on my 4K TV with HDR on it didn't record as it should. As for AI, when playing someone who is easy rank (60 and below) they do make plenty of mistakes, but it is true that the higher ranked opponents make very few mistakes. What I would say that both positives and negatives we shouldn't make a real judgements as clearly this is a pre-release version of the game, we got it early but with a release day patch due to drop on Wednesday that is time to judge.

Anyway career mode match, I made a crucial mistake when ahead and was made to pay:

I am reading on the net the ai safety is terrible
Just rolling up to balls or playing dump shots ?

The day one patch will not be the saviour everyone is hoping for :noway

D

Deleted member 193590

I am reading on the net the ai safety is terrible
Just rolling up to balls or playing dump shots ?

The day one patch will not be the saviour everyone is hoping for :noway

yes there's a video where Ronnie has just made a break of 60 something,there's 4 reds left on the table and instead of clipping off them and going up to balk.He just rolls up to them it looked ridiculous :lol
But it is a very early build,so there is still hope.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
In fairness Ripstone games are saying the following are fixed in day one patch

• Black screen after every shot
  • 16 points awarded for a foul
  • Players disappearing after playing shot

No mention of rest being left on table after shot or the AI terrible defensive play - I have cancelled my pre order as I am old enough not to get caught up in the hype and will wait till feedback says game is at a state I want to play :p

Last edited:

kamy100

County Cricketer
Good to see that some of the issues are going to be fixed.

The AI defensive play is a bit weird, when you play a low ranked player (below 60) they play "proper" defensive shots but the higher ranked players just roll up to the ball. I am enjoying the game, even with the issues, ball physics etc are spot on and had a really excellent match playing with one of friend's who came over last night.

Users who are viewing this thread