6ft snooker table. Any snooker nutters here?

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Stores that actually have 6foot tables on display would be unusual. Probably only get a display from a snooker table supplier, the ones which tend to be more expensive.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Stores that actually have 6foot tables on display would be unusual. Probably only get a display from a snooker table supplier, the ones which tend to be more expensive.

Yeps, I've found that. Never mind, I've contacted BB Billiards and they said the difference in performance of the two tables is negligible, so it just comes down to preference, but the cushion response and cloth are both a cut above the average 6ft table. So, I'm getting this one:

6ftJaguarmide_new.jpg

Can't blooming wait!! :happy

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Pretty sure my balls were full size with my six footer

(Hope you are laughing again Themer)

That made me lol.

I used to play a bit of snooker myself as a kid, had a six footer that I got second hand, was well good. I remember when I was young that table looked huge!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That made me lol.

I used to play a bit of snooker myself as a kid, had a six footer that I got second hand, was well good. I remember when I was young that table looked huge!

I know what you mean, 6ft tables don't look anywhere near as big as I remember, but still more than big enough to have a good game on. I'm going to get a set of Pool balls as well.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Ready to order it now, I even got them to pricematch with another site, so ?20 off as well!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I have a snooker table in my room, not sure if it's 6ft, but I would imagine it is. Used to play it a lot, and I am pretty darn good at snooker. Don't use it at all nowadays really, too much junk on top of it. Shame really, love to play, and I think I should've taken it up as a young kid and try and mae it pro. Ahh well, everyone has regrets.

So yeh, I have one. Oh yeah, and mine cost like £80 from Argos about 6 or 7 years ago :p

De-junk it mate!! Have a good, big clearout and then you'll be able to play again. You'll probably find you don't need half the stuff that's on it and when you do get it clear, make a point of putting nothing on it other than snooker/pool balls, cues, chalk and a cover. It's very easy to just put some washing or something on there, while waiting to put it away, but that's how the slide starts.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I have a friend who has the folding 6ft table from argos.

I have played on it a few times but it is wierd as the cues are slightly the wrong size for the table. and the table can get damaged very easily and woble.

I would recommend it if you want to use it evey now and then, not hardcore use.

MacWorld added 7 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

You can buy some on ebay and other places for as cheap as £79. Argos once had a sale as cheap as £60 for one of these.

Oh, trust me mate, this table will be used hardcore! But you've only got to look at it to see how sturdy and strong it is. The one I'm getting is on this page somewhere near the top. I'll post my views on it when I've played on it, in case any of you are looking for a table.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
De-junk it mate!! Have a good, big clearout and then you'll be able to play again. You'll probably find you don't need half the stuff that's on it and when you do get it clear, make a point of putting nothing on it other than snooker/pool balls, cues, chalk and a cover. It's very easy to just put some washing or something on there, while waiting to put it away, but that's how the slide starts.

It's all my college work that's dumped on there. As well as birthday cards from April (:p) and some other crap. I might give it a tidy-up tomorrow.

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
Happy Birthday trev... (bit late huh:rolleyes:)

Good your getting a sturdy table. My friend had a cheap fold out one that went wonky within the hour, i always won:p. Make sure you know how to take care of it aswell as it can get damaged very easily.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's all my college work that's dumped on there. As well as birthday cards from April (:p) and some other crap. I might give it a tidy-up tomorrow.

Ah yes, using it as a desk! That's such an easy way for it to just get heaped under junk!! I made that mistake a couple of times last time round.

danielmoss

School Cricketer
I love to play billiards very much. I bought new billiards table which is transparent and playing on that gives a unique pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread