Career Mode Talk

Bartsimho

School Cricketer
Does anyone else have a problem of infinite saving once your club has completed the season without you because you've moved to a county? Am on Xbox One

Set Up Shop

Banned
Just made the WA Shield team just after finishing my third club season, averaging 36 with the bat and 32 with the ball. Currently playing a day night match against NSW. Night time graphics and player faces look good. But some reason my helmet is yellow not black.

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I just play as my individual player and watch from non strikers end , it is definitely slower but that is my only way round it , not ideal , I also find simming 50 over / T20 the opposition still chases me down regularly too , so I play whole match

This is what I did on Cricket 17 and I found it pretty realistic. You can get an idea for how the other guy is playing and what sort of stuff is being sent down the other end. I did find the loss of control in shorter formats to be a bit frustrating though and when I was a lower order All rounder by the time I got in it was too late to make a difference.

One thing I've not managed to work out yet is: I don't actually get to watch an over from the field as my career player, or as a none striker when I'm not on strike or sat in the pavilion, have I forgotten to turn something on/off in options?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is what I did on Cricket 17 and I found it pretty realistic. You can get an idea for how the other guy is playing and what sort of stuff is being sent down the other end. I did find the loss of control in shorter formats to be a bit frustrating though and when I was a lower order All rounder by the time I got in it was too late to make a difference.

One thing I've not managed to work out yet is: I don't actually get to watch an over from the field as my career player, or as a none striker when I'm not on strike or sat in the pavilion, have I forgotten to turn something on/off in options?

In general settings switch off the automatic skip to career player option , that might work

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
Anyone got any tips getting wickets? Wrist spin bowler and whilst I can keep runs low I can't get wickets. As a result I can't seem to improve my bowling.

jeetu44

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone knows if a created player I download from Community can be used in career mode? There is create a rookie and Star player option but the player I downloaded does not show up under star player. Are there any specific stats that tags a player as Star? I am playing on PS4 so i can't add playface to my rookie, I created one on PC and shared it so i can dowanload on my PS4 and play, but doesnt seem to work.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Fielding. I really wish that it would sim to when its coming near me. I dont have all day to play anymore

The camera for wicket keeper is pretty bad also

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone knows if a created player I download from Community can be used in career mode? There is create a rookie and Star player option but the player I downloaded does not show up under star player. Are there any specific stats that tags a player as Star? I am playing on PS4 so i can't add playface to my rookie, I created one on PC and shared it so i can dowanload on my PS4 and play, but doesnt seem to work.
How did you create using playface on PC? Is there any video to help step by sep ?

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Your player will be under star player I think (mine took some finding)

I was told here that you have to recreate a rookie player to start at the begining of career or adopt the one you made in community as a "star player" and play where it lies.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Fielding. I really wish that it would sim to when its coming near me. I dont have all day to play anymore

The camera for wicket keeper is pretty bad also

There are baseball games with career modes out there which cut back into the action when you’re involved in a play in the field - like taking a catch or making a ground out.

Would be great to see the same implemented in Cricket 19. At least cutting back into the action for catching opportunities.

I am Root

School Cricketer
There are baseball games with career modes out there which cut back into the action when you’re involved in a play in the field - like taking a catch or making a ground out.

Would be great to see the same implemented in Cricket 19. At least cutting back into the action for catching opportunities.

This would be an awesome addition, not really much point in wasting my valuable skill points on fielding stats at the moment. I haven’t got time to watch over after over of the ball being nowhere near me.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Secondly the bowlers keep changing from over to round the wicket at least once an over if not more. How often do you see a left armed bowling round the wicket to a left hander?

This always annoys me. Its been in the game since DB14 and they STILL haven't fixed it. Come on BA. Surely it can't be that difficult to program bowlers to STAY bowling over the wicket (which is the standard delivery). Not everyone is Mitchell Starc. And even then he's not constantly changing to around the wicket (ie within every over)

Syed Ali Gaming

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
One thing I have not experienced, because Indian Career Mode doesn't have Club Cricket, so no 3 Day Matches or Club ODIs.

Wait you don't have club matches? So you go straight to 1st class cricket? What have BA done! I saw a guy doing a Pakistan career mode and he started from club level. Do you think this is a bug in the game?

Reactions: DAP

Set Up Shop

Banned
This would be an awesome addition, not really much point in wasting my valuable skill points on fielding stats at the moment. I haven’t got time to watch over after over of the ball being nowhere near me.

Exactly. Fielding skill points are redundant.

Edit: actually in saying that, there have been times when I’ve had quite a lot of skill points to allocate but can’t unlock attributes because my XP isn’t high enough, so I’ve used them on fielding.

Last edited:

Set Up Shop

Banned
Playing a day night shield match, Slater keeps talking about the players going off for lunch at the end of the over, EVERY FRIKKIN OVER. So annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread