Career Mode Talk

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi all (first post btw!)

In career mode does turning down the offer of captain affect your chances of being called up for the first class team?

Cheers

Nick

sami007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Where in the menu do we see our "chances" at getting called up? Cant seem to find it anywhere! I am playing on switch btw and absolutely loving it!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
finally got my hands on Cricket 19. Not bad...nice improvement from AC especially some of the batting animations (esp the backfoot shots and hook/pull shots). I started a career as an opening batsman with Indooroopilly. Currently 50* (76 balls) in my first match. we were 3-21 quick smart however I've taken us up to 3-57 (yeah you can see who is scoring all the runs). I'm quite enjoying it. I'm so happy they finally added better animations to reaching 50 however there seems to be way too many people in the crowd lol...its a 3 day club match...NOONE is going to watch it!! ha ha.

there is one quick issue i picked up on (not sure if its been reported) and that is if I block a ball and it bounces on my shoe, the fielding team will appeal. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Last edited:

Mighty Windies

School Cricketer
this might be a silly question.......I've started a career and am currently playing for Australia. If I update the face of another international player (e.g. Du Plessis) will I see the updated physical version of him when I verse South Africa or will it still be the old version? More interested in the physical/facial issue rather than any changes to stats, skills, etc

Syed Ali Gaming

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
this might be a silly question.......I've started a career and am currently playing for Australia. If I update the face of another international player (e.g. Du Plessis) will I see the updated physical version of him when I verse South Africa or will it still be the old version? More interested in the physical/facial issue rather than any changes to stats, skills, etc

Good question mate. My understanding is that the kits will be updated but I don't think the player faces will be. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this but this is what my understanding is.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Good question mate. My understanding is that the kits will be updated but I don't think the player faces will be. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this but this is what my understanding is.

yeah i had a question along the same lines - I've already started a career. If I now download and update teams, players, etc will this change the teams in my career game or do i have to start again?

also one other annoying little thing - when i block, there's some weird noise like crunching twisties or something (almost like the ball is bouncing between bat and ground). Really horrible.

Update on my career - after scoring 91 in my first game, after about 6 games my avg is down to 31 with a few ducks in there (I'm not a T20 player and just slog and get myself out). I've only experienced the batting collapse twice in my 6 games (but both teams collapsed). My high score of 91* was scored with my No3 (I'm an opener) in a 50 over match where he scored 174* and we put on a total of 1/323. Not bad. the other team folded for 148. I find it much more difficult to score runs as the AI field settings are much better...I constantly have to look around to see whats changed, and there's no easy runs anymore (well except the easy singles). I also quite like the new missed hook where the ball goes over the keeper to the boundary. Thats awesome!!

AND finally, in my 6 games (8 or so innings) i've only seen ONCE where a LH bowler bowled around the wicket, AND he still bowled to his field. Really good.

Last edited:

Syed Ali Gaming

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
:thumbs:thumbs
yeah i had a question along the same lines - I've already started a career. If I now download and update teams, players, etc will this change the teams in my career game or do i have to start again?

also one other annoying little thing - when i block, there's some weird noise like crunching twisties or something (almost like the ball is bouncing between bat and ground). Really horrible.

Update on my career - after scoring 91 in my first game, after about 6 games my avg is down to 31 with a few ducks in there (I'm not a T20 player and just slog and get myself out). I've only experienced the batting collapse twice in my 6 games (but both teams collapsed). My high score of 91* was scored with my No3 (I'm an opener) in a 50 over match where he scored 174* and we put on a total of 1/323. Not bad. the other team folded for 148. I find it much more difficult to score runs as the AI field settings are much better...I constantly have to look around to see whats changed, and there's no easy runs anymore (well except the easy singles). I also quite like the new missed hook where the ball goes over the keeper to the boundary. Thats awesome!!

AND finally, in my 6 games (8 or so innings) i've only seen ONCE where a LH bowler bowled around the wicket, AND he still bowled to his field. Really good.

Your career mode seems to be fun and bug free which is awesome. My advice would be just enjoy it. Scoring big runs and having bad patches in form is all part of the fun.

I do a small cricket 19 series on my channel and I've been left on 91 not out twice and got bowled on 94! That's 3 episodes which should have been 3 centuries! It's Annoying but all you can do is laugh.

Btw If you can go without batting collapses you're a lucky guy. Enjoy it while it lasts mate lol

Users who are viewing this thread