Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
Looks like you had a rain interruption,you don't always see it raining but you should have heard the commentators say it was raining.
The bouncer thing is awful and I'm really hoping it gets patched soon.But it wouldn't go for 4 if the wicket keeper didn't come running forward.Apart from the bouncers though it's still a really enjoyable game,much better than previous versions.

Hoping that indeed was a rain interruption. I had the commentary down as am not to fond of it Lol , so didnt hear. Will try again with same setting and have commentary up . also the timing shown on the scoreboard just added to my confusion.

I do wish they sort out the bouncer issue. As i said have tried to feel really positive about this as i also initially felt this was much better than previous.

D

Deleted member 193590

Hoping that indeed was a rain interruption. I had the commentary down as am not to fond of it Lol , so didnt hear. Will try again with same setting and have commentary up . also the timing shown on the scoreboard just added to my confusion.

I do wish they sort out the bouncer issue. As i said have tried to feel really positive about this as i also initially felt this was much better than previous.

Yes it's really weird,every time I go off for rain I can never see it raining,I just hear the commentators telling me.Yet I played a test at lords and I could see it raining and we played a full day lol.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Ive found going through the players skills that most or a lot of players tend to have a very low throw speed skill.

Yes, there are many created players with poor catching and throwing skills in downloaded International teams. Poor throw returns are partly down to that.

Just to expand on the stability improvements, fixes are in the new build for the issues people were getting loading into existing matches in career/competition/Ashes mode where the outfield would flicker and then crash. There's a few other fixes on top of that, including an issue mentioned in the bugs thread by @Mr Snrub, regarding multiplayer in competition mode, an issue with viewing players during career mode, and fixing a few community/academy issues.

The Switch update is very close, currently just pending a server refresh on the Nintendo side to allow us to push the patch live. I expect that will be within the week.

Thanks so much for fixing the multiplayer competitions crashes. In general this game is getting better and better, thanks to Big Ant for their continued hard work.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Whether the edge issue I was having was related to 1.08, or some vagary of the teams/stadium/logos I was playing with, it certainly wasn't present today.

Just bowled out a full day as WI 80s vs NZ 80s, overcast, grassy/dry pitch... spicy... had them in trouble a few times but they dug themselves out with partnerships. Took 1 wicket just before lunch and then 2 in 2 balls just after to have them 118/6, but then Coney and Smith has a decent stand, and after Smith was out Coney has marshalled the tail to get himself to an unbeaten 100 in the last over of the day. Garner got 5/87. NZ finish the day on 289/9

Very very good play... have to be honest there's a lot of bounce in the pitch so I'm wary about the AI bowling as the bouncer wides are still present i believe, but so far as bowling I thought it was close to perfect. Plenty of edges as the conditions and bowler skill should have produced, but they were varied, natural and yet the AI still didn't roll over. excellent stuff.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Whether the edge issue I was having was related to 1.08, or some vagary of the teams/stadium/logos I was playing with, it certainly wasn't present today.

Just bowled out a full day as WI 80s vs NZ 80s, overcast, grassy/dry pitch... spicy... had them in trouble a few times but they dug themselves out with partnerships. Took 1 wicket just before lunch and then 2 in 2 balls just after to have them 118/6, but then Coney and Smith has a decent stand, and after Smith was out Coney has marshalled the tail to get himself to an unbeaten 100 in the last over of the day. Garner got 5/87. NZ finish the day on 289/9

Very very good play... have to be honest there's a lot of bounce in the pitch so I'm wary about the AI bowling as the bouncer wides are still present i believe, but so far as bowling I thought it was close to perfect. Plenty of edges as the conditions and bowler skill should have produced, but they were varied, natural and yet the AI still didn't roll over. excellent stuff.
So far, I've only seen the byes/wides issue on Hard pitches.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I find it real difficult to get wickets in t20s.
Batsman get confident quick and hard to get out. But, as long as you bowl high quality deliveries, bowl to your field and force dot balls they play bad shots, specially when they're chasing. I try for 3 "normal" deliveries, Then a variation. Gotta keep the batsman on strike tho

Cheers. I see there are a variety of sliders to help. Are there some that need to change and some that should be left alone?

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
after downloading patch 1.09 on xbox one today, AI field placement is still not right. they only change fields after an over and not during an over in t20 ive played. field placement was much better in patch 1.07. patch 1.08 and 1.09 the AI is slow to change the field

roop

School Cricketer
Much improved gameplay in Cricket 19 really enjoying it, but one thing is really annoying is that leg side short animation for front foot is missing specially for short balls right now the short animation is look like defensive short which goes for boundaries and even six which looks bad.

And anybody can tell if there is a way to turn off the slow-mo catch?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Career mode lineups in 2030s becomes a mess where older players with 5-10 ovr all rating still hogs the place in playing XI

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
AI aggressive shots of spin bowling really need a look , specially a upper cut of near knee length bowling which strangely goes to cover.

Users who are viewing this thread