Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got a phenomenal c&b on one of the early builds off a leading edge
The one I got was just like the one AI used to get, smashed straight towards me. In the past that would just miss me and go for a four or some runs.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Bought this yesterday and really enjoying it. I'm rubbish though. Put it on pro difficulty and played England vs Scotland in the t20 world cup. Scotland posted 186/2 ffs. I just couldn't get them out no matter what I tried (the two wickets came when I simmed it). To be honest I think I may have been trying too many variations...each ball was completely different.

Then I was skittled out for 60. 8 of my 10 wickets were run outs as it was like I was playing kwik cricket where you have to run every ball. Other two were caught where I've tried to smash a six and mistimed them. Think I need to develop patience...

Played a few more and still haven't won. I got 135 against Bangladesh but that was mainly due to Woakes and Wood just hitting singles for about 8 overs. My main issue is bowling. I just can't get the AI batsman out...any tips?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Strangely close in fielders have strange reflex
How hard you hit the ball they catch it and nightmare when closeing fielders are up.
Thats unrealistic.

Weirdly this seems to have crept in in the last couple of builds. It was a problem in DBC14/17 and then eliminated in ashes and early builds of c19.

I had a wicket like this the other day and it was the first time since db17 it happened.

ndschan

Club Captain
Is there a slider to reduce the amount of bouncers the AI bowls? I am into the fifth test (2 all for the record) and I have just batted first and made 354, of which 45 were bouncer wides....just silly! But i’ll take it!
You'll have to manually set the opposition bowler mentality to Precise or Conservative. For likes of Pandya or Staarc where you would want variation select Balanced. Aggressive and Brute is just bonkers

ndschan

Club Captain
Although its a welcome change that Pace of the ball on Green pitches is more than Dusty/Dry pitches, it actually takes some time to adjust, I would have preferred that change of pace off the pitch and not in the air. Even if it's a full toss from the likes of Starc the ball comes at a leisurely pace on a Dry pitch, which is plain unrealistic. But great game so far, by far the best that comes to Cricket Simulation

ndschan

Club Captain
is Ai field placement fixed in new patch ?
Not sure what exactly are you referring to, but yes it's much better.
Instances:
1. ODI fields for spinners in the middle overs are much better and don't provide easy ones down the field
2. AI plugs in the gaps in both Tests and ODI

ndschan

Club Captain
Have you been able to play any cuts against the spinners, cause I've only been able to do it when testing out things on the easiest difficulty in training mode. I know I'm not the best at batting in the game, but I don't really get spinners bowling short (red) balls that you'd be able to do it to anyway and when I have tried the batter has either played a drive or got out.
You need the increase the Late Timing window. Depth perception will always be challenge in a video game as compared to real life where, you wait on the backfoot and play the ball under your eyes. But regardless of the camera in video game it's always difficult to judge

Joel88thrum

School Cricketer
Hey guys, just wondering if you could give some insight.

Had a mate over for some cricket, both signed into accounts on ps4 no probs, but then no matter what settings I tried the batting controls for player 2 just won't correct. They seem to be mirrored or something? I tried the invert and basically any other setting I could find, didn't make a difference. Only seemed to be a problem when we played co-op. When we versed it worked fine.
Anyone else found this? Not sure if it's a bug or I'm just retarded or what. Just wanna be able to play

Cheers!

zayno

Club Captain
Not sure what exactly are you referring to, but yes it's much better.
Instances:
1. ODI fields for spinners in the middle overs are much better and don't provide easy ones down the field
2. AI plugs in the gaps in both Tests and ODI

in patch 1.08 the fielders were not moving out after powerplay in t20. only 2 fielders were outside the 15 yard circle even in the 15 to 20 overs.has this been fixed with the patch 1.09 ?

Joel88thrum

School Cricketer
Bought this yesterday and really enjoying it. I'm rubbish though. Put it on pro difficulty and played England vs Scotland in the t20 world cup. Scotland posted 186/2 ffs. I just couldn't get them out no matter what I tried (the two wickets came when I simmed it). To be honest I think I may have been trying too many variations...each ball was completely different.

Then I was skittled out for 60. 8 of my 10 wickets were run outs as it was like I was playing kwik cricket where you have to run every ball. Other two were caught where I've tried to smash a six and mistimed them. Think I need to develop patience...

Played a few more and still haven't won. I got 135 against Bangladesh but that was mainly due to Woakes and Wood just hitting singles for about 8 overs. My main issue is bowling. I just can't get the AI batsman out...any tips?

I find it real difficult to get wickets in t20s.
Batsman get confident quick and hard to get out. But, as long as you bowl high quality deliveries, bowl to your field and force dot balls they play bad shots, specially when they're chasing. I try for 3 "normal" deliveries, Then a variation. Gotta keep the batsman on strike tho

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just had my first ever draw in my career mode, and this is what it bloody took to get it. I simmed the rest of the match after we got them 7 down thinking it was a sure thing and I couldn’t be bothered. Never doing that again.65EE19EE-3F88-4A1C-BF9D-72F9D45E2470.jpeg

Sahil70

Club Captain
Have had the game now for just over a week and have tried to be positive about it but after the latest go at it, the patience is wearing thin

Got the latest update then thought would have a go a quick casual test. Picked a hard grassy surface playing as. Ind vs Aus(ai)
Chose weather as overcast and rain

Ok now the annoying parts

Start game and am greeted with clear blue skies. Start time of test 10 am
Got to 12 overs , not sure what happened here . Batsmen walking off animation happens. I hit button to move on to next scene so not sure what that was for. Looked at scoreboard time and it showed 12.00. Move on to next scene time shows as 12.40 . Which suggested lunch break had happened. After 12 overs??????????.

Batted on to about 15 overs then got a drinks break.

And the really really pathetic part. Score was about 60 odd out of which 38 was wides/ byes thanks to bouncers flying to the boundary over keeper's head

So after that sort of experience am seriously wondering about why the heck did i buy this again after ashes cricket?

D

Deleted member 193590

Have had the game now for just over a week and have tried to be positive about it but after the latest go at it, the patience is wearing thin

Got the latest update then thought would have a go a quick casual test. Picked a hard grassy surface playing as. Ind vs Aus(ai)
Chose weather as overcast and rain

Ok now the annoying parts

Start game and am greeted with clear blue skies. Start time of test 10 am
Got to 12 overs , not sure what happened here . Batsmen walking off animation happens. I hit button to move on to next scene so not sure what that was for. Looked at scoreboard time and it showed 12.00. Move on to next scene time shows as 12.40 . Which suggested lunch break had happened. After 12 overs??????????.

Batted on to about 15 overs then got a drinks break.

And the really really pathetic part. Score was about 60 odd out of which 38 was wides/ byes thanks to bouncers flying to the boundary over keeper's head

So after that sort of experience am seriously wondering about why the heck did i buy this again after ashes cricket?

Looks like you had a rain interruption,you don't always see it raining but you should have heard the commentators say it was raining.
The bouncer thing is awful and I'm really hoping it gets patched soon.But it wouldn't go for 4 if the wicket keeper didn't come running forward.Apart from the bouncers though it's still a really enjoyable game,much better than previous versions.

Users who are viewing this thread