OTHER This Is Snooker

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

Worthless trailer, but there is this info from the website:

Play every major type of cue sport in six painstakingly-detailed locations with full pool and snooker career modes, mini games, trick shots, practice mode and extensive local and online multiplayer modes in a truly immersive cue sports simulation.

Career mode, @zimrahil! "Coming soon" it says. i.e. there's no release date.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes saw this yesterday, being touted as more of a simulation than Snooker 19. Doesn't excite me as much as Snooker 19 but competition is only good for us the consumer !

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Is anyone still playing snooker 19? I stopped after a week :p

D

Deleted member 193590

Is anyone still playing snooker 19? I stopped after a week :p

Nah,not played it for ages I just wanted to win a career title and see what happened but it was terrible,didn't even show the player lifting trophy.
The games just so boring,compared to an EA or Big Ant game.There's just nothing to do.they've stopped patching the game,people are calling them ripoff games lol.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nah,not played it for ages I just wanted to win a career title and see what happened but it was terrible,didn't even show the player lifting trophy.
The games just so boring,compared to an EA or Big Ant game.There's just nothing to do.they've stopped patching the game,people are calling them ripoff games lol.
There are bringing patch 105 out more improvements apparently.

D

Deleted member 193590

https://www.reddit.com/r/Snooker19/comments/c67ccf/update_106_coming_july_10th/
renderTimingPixel.png

Hi everyone,

The next update for Snooker 19 is loaded with a series of improvements, bug fixes and new features we’ve seen a lot of requests for. The update is in the final stages of testing and our aim is to release on Wednesday 10th July. We’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

We’re still finalising the content of 1.06, but here are some of the confirmed improvements and features that will be included on 10th July:

• New Online Custom Matches - customise match length, arena, and aiming aid

• New Aiming Aid (Pro+) - new aiming aid that sits between Pro and Master. Long pots, playing off the cushion and rest play have dynamic aiming aid adjustments to reflect the increased difficulty of these shot types

• AI improvements

• Career Mode settings - change difficulty settings during Career Mode

• Gameplay improvements, including collisions on the knuckle of a pocket

• Arena lighting improvements

• Online fix for dark tables caused by a lighting issue in a small percentage of online matches

• The Legend reward pack

• Commentary additions and fixes

• Subtle ball physics optimisation to stop the ball more quickly

• Fixed several crashes

• Crowd animation improvements

• Player idle animations

• Typo fixes

• Trophy fixes - Need for Speed, Break the Bank, Rocket Fuelled, World Champion and Snooker Legend
The content of the update has been guided heavily by your feedback, so thank you again to everyone that has taken the time to compile feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us here.

JoeS31

Club Captain
Sounds very promising, especially like the sound of pro+ aiming aid. This should've been the state the game actually released in!

D

Deleted member 193590

Sounds very promising, especially like the sound of pro+ aiming aid. This should've been the state the game actually released in!

Yes,I'm a bit skeptical about the balls stopping quicker.The main thing I like about the game is the table physics,so not sure about that one.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator

Watch the first 5 mins of this video. Mark Selby (AI) is ranked #1 in this career mode and his shot choices, whether attacking or defensive are horrendous :facepalm

No wonder I stopped playing over 2 months ago. If you are still playing this game I admire your patience/crazyiness :p

JoeS31

Club Captain
Haha so bad... I gave up with it after a couple of weeks. Big update meant to be out next week, that'll be the final chance I give it. Hopefully This is Snooker is actually decent, if and when it ever comes out!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Haha so bad... I gave up with it after a couple of weeks. Big update meant to be out next week, that'll be the final chance I give it. Hopefully This is Snooker is actually decent, if and when it ever comes out!
I only lasted one week :p

I hope This Is Snooker is decent too, I need a reason to stop playing WSC 2005!

D

Deleted member 193590

No, I have seen plenty of YT vids though and whilst seems some improvement the issues that bother me are still present
Have you tried it?

Yes,they keep on improving it but I won't be playing until they add create your own player,which will probably never happen.And also be able to save your game in quick match,which is all I use because I don't like career mode at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread