Cricket 19 General Discussion

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can any one facing the same issue as i am facing ?

I am changing the grass type to vertical, stripe or even none in setting ( for custom grounds) but i am only getting diamond cutting grass when game starts.

How can i change grass cutting shape to something which is not diamond in stadium editor ?

For all custom downloaded grounds i am getting only diamond shape grass cutting even after changing it to anything which is not diamond.

Please help !

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I tried to play 100 overs by just 'defending' and leaving, this is what I managed to do. I felt like I learned/observed a lot about how the batsman moves to certain balls and the bowler sometimes working out a plan to make me 'edge it'.

It was a very nice experience to just see ball, defend or watch the ball carry to the keeper. I've linked a clip showing the dismissals, most of the wickets fell due to my over reliance on front foot, but there were many 'ooohh's and 'aahhh's that I enjoyed.

Screenshot (18).png Screenshot (19).png

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I tried to play 100 overs by just 'defending' and leaving, this is what I managed to do. I felt like I learned/observed a lot about how the batsman moves to certain balls and the bowler sometimes working out a plan to make me 'edge it'.

It was a very nice experience to just see ball, defend or watch the ball carry to the keeper. I've linked a clip showing the dismissals, most of the wickets fell due to my over reliance on front foot, but there were many 'ooohh's and 'aahhh's that I enjoyed.

View attachment 226835 View attachment 226836

Wow! That's an awesome attempt. Pujara being Pujara!

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Soooooo I simmed part of the bowling in this game (just want it to end) and picked it up after 60 odd overs. How come the ball doesn't look like this when I actually bowl with it for 60 overs? :lol

It definitely looks that way when I bowl, because I love bowling, batting is boring for me. I also keep shining it once an over, not sure if this is too frequent or less frequent but I get one rough side and one sort of shinier side after 40-50 overs of play.

Astronot_Yet

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
How do you guys decide which short balls to play and which to leave? The ball marker is just Red but some "short balls" are barely over the stumps and some bounce so much they go for 5 wides. Do you see the bounce and then decide to play or leave? Because I have "A" as my leave button and there isn't enough time for me to change my mind once I see the red marker in the bowler's hands. Right now I'm just leaving all the short balls but it seems like there are many "short and wide" loosners which should be cut away for four but I have no idea how to hit those in time. Any help please?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How do you guys decide which short balls to play and which to leave? The ball marker is just Red but some "short balls" are barely over the stumps and some bounce so much they go for 5 wides. Do you see the bounce and then decide to play or leave? Because I have "A" as my leave button and there isn't enough time for me to change my mind once I see the red marker in the bowler's hands. Right now I'm just leaving all the short balls but it seems like there are many "short and wide" loosners which should be cut away for four but I have no idea how to hit those in time. Any help please?
My suggestion would be turn off the ball marker (the red/green/yellow/blue) circle around the ball. Just go with the pitch marker (I'd suggest the black colour not the colour coded option) Reasoning being:

I noticed in DBC 17 I wasn't doing anything other than reacting to the colour. Red - back foot, everything else - front foot. It is, in my opinion, a button prompt and completely removes the skill of judging length, which is a key part of batting. Fine if you're a casual player but I like to have a more in depth experience. And, like you say, it can lead to you not always playing the shots you think you should. That can still happen without the ball marker of course but it feels like a mistake by you not a mistake based on your reaction to a guide given by the game. You're more likely to learn from that mistake too.

You have to actually work out how the ball is bouncing off the pitch. This is more cricketing skill than being able to react to the colour of a circle. There is a lot more variation on certain pitches and you will, as a batsman does IRL, work out when to play off the front and back foot.

Personally, I like having as little clutter on the screen as possible - same reason I'd like to have the bowling hud disappear after I've selected my delivery. It's far more enjoyable to bowl when you are doing the footwork and release based on the bowler movement not on the position of a meter.

You might consider changing the leave button, I've always liked it as R3. My thumb is always on there so it is easier and quicker to play a leave than moving to another button.

It might take a bit of getting used to, maybe have a go in the practice mode, but it's such a better game without the ball marker.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
My suggestion would be turn off the ball marker (the red/green/yellow/blue) circle around the ball. Just go with the pitch marker (I'd suggest the black colour not the colour coded option) Reasoning being:

I noticed in DBC 17 I wasn't doing anything other than reacting to the colour. Red - back foot, everything else - front foot. It is, in my opinion, a button prompt and completely removes the skill of judging length, which is a key part of batting. Fine if you're a casual player but I like to have a more in depth experience. And, like you say, it can lead to you not always playing the shots you think you should. That can still happen without the ball marker of course but it feels like a mistake by you not a mistake based on your reaction to a guide given by the game. You're more likely to learn from that mistake too.

You have to actually work out how the ball is bouncing off the pitch. This is more cricketing skill than being able to react to the colour of a circle. There is a lot more variation on certain pitches and you will, as a batsman does IRL, work out when to play off the front and back foot.

Personally, I like having as little clutter on the screen as possible - same reason I'd like to have the bowling hud disappear after I've selected my delivery. It's far more enjoyable to bowl when you are doing the footwork and release based on the bowler movement not on the position of a meter.

You might consider changing the leave button, I've always liked it as R3. My thumb is always on there so it is easier and quicker to play a leave than moving to another button.

It might take a bit of getting used to, maybe have a go in the practice mode, but it's such a better game without the ball marker.

I think I'll give this a bash. I noticed the other day I was basically playing "react to the colour" more than playing the delivery on line and length

bptuner

School Cricketer

View attachment 226835 View attachment 226836

Well, that video proves that slips aren't as useless as a lot of people have indicated. Is there even a single catch taken by the WK? (I loled at the last one, the wicket cartwheeled around fast enough that it actually smacks the ball forward lmao)

I will also try this, thanks. Another thing I found that makes the game feel more organic and avoids immersion breaking is removing of the running HUD. As a bowler, its nice to get 3-4 dots in a row but with your 5th one is batted away for a single, that annoying little HUD comes up, almost like its a minigame saying "you messed up" as a bowler, since it only comes up when they decide to score off your delivery. You forget all about the 4 dots you just made before it. Since I've turned off the running HUD, I'm enjoying bowling a lot more and I don't find when the AI makes runs that I've seemingly "failed" as a bowler.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Well, that video proves that slips aren't as useless as a lot of people have indicated. Is there even a single catch taken by the WK? (I loled at the last one, the wicket cartwheeled around fast enough that it actually smacks the ball forward lmao)

I will also try this, thanks. Another thing I found that makes the game feel more organic and avoids immersion breaking is removing of the running HUD. As a bowler, its nice to get 3-4 dots in a row but with your 5th one is batted away for a single, that annoying little HUD comes up, almost like its a minigame saying "you messed up" as a bowler, since it only comes up when they decide to score off your delivery. You forget all about the 4 dots you just made before it. Since I've turned off the running HUD, I'm enjoying bowling a lot more and I don't find when the AI makes runs that I've seemingly "failed" as a bowler.
I think the rahane one was to the wk which he dived to take (as usual making 1st slip hate his life). I usually get a 'lot' I mean like I'm playing this casual match against aus and out of the 10 wkts I managed to get, 8 of them were to the wk, so I think just defending makes him less of a 'op' man :D

bptuner

School Cricketer
I think the rahane one was to the wk which he dived to take (as usual making 1st slip hate his life). I usually get a 'lot' I mean like I'm playing this casual match against aus and out of the 10 wkts I managed to get, 8 of them were to the wk, so I think just defending makes him less of a 'op' man :D
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure most of the catches I've seen in the slips are from outside edges off front-foot blocks. All of the other strokes that get an outside edge mostly go to either backward point or WK. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread