Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
As has been said before, things are being worked on still but there is no indication of a timeframe when things might be released.

Hope edges flying to the boundary is one of the things being worked on. It's extremely annoying. Also the field getting changed to nonsense settings

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Hope edges flying to the boundary is one of the things being worked on. It's extremely annoying. Also the field getting changed to nonsense settings
The high priority issue for me now is the AI bowling line. The current line is very bad as Right hand bowlers are bowling most of the balls on the leg side for left handed batsmen and Left hand bowlers for Right handed batsmen. I have raised this issue earlier and I hope they will fix this issue in the next patch.

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just experienced my first geniune top edge, cought by a slip fielder. It's things like this that keep me playing, the realism of wickets!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
My suggestion would be turn off the ball marker (the red/green/yellow/blue) circle around the ball. Just go with the pitch marker (I'd suggest the black colour not the colour coded option) Reasoning being:

I noticed in DBC 17 I wasn't doing anything other than reacting to the colour. Red - back foot, everything else - front foot. It is, in my opinion, a button prompt and completely removes the skill of judging length, which is a key part of batting. Fine if you're a casual player but I like to have a more in depth experience. And, like you say, it can lead to you not always playing the shots you think you should. That can still happen without the ball marker of course but it feels like a mistake by you not a mistake based on your reaction to a guide given by the game. You're more likely to learn from that mistake too.

You have to actually work out how the ball is bouncing off the pitch. This is more cricketing skill than being able to react to the colour of a circle. There is a lot more variation on certain pitches and you will, as a batsman does IRL, work out when to play off the front and back foot.

Personally, I like having as little clutter on the screen as possible - same reason I'd like to have the bowling hud disappear after I've selected my delivery. It's far more enjoyable to bowl when you are doing the footwork and release based on the bowler movement not on the position of a meter.

You might consider changing the leave button, I've always liked it as R3. My thumb is always on there so it is easier and quicker to play a leave than moving to another button.

It might take a bit of getting used to, maybe have a go in the practice mode, but it's such a better game without the ball marker.

Absolute game changer this btw. Should have done it years ago

hiyagasriiniyavan

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is no ground advance shots available in cricket 19,only lofted advance shots playable, bigant please look at it

N Nandhakumar

School Cricketer
Just a newbie's doubt. Have played a game online.

1. Seen that he can change the length of the ball in the last min. I meant initially it was blue color, late it could be red or Green length ball. How to change the length in the last mn? Any ideas?

2. Can we change the default field settings for a bowler? I don't want to waste one pause just for this in an online game?

3. Also some times the field settings are not applied? Right from DBC 14, it wasn't applied in the first ball of the over. Seems like a bug for a long time. Any solutions for this?

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
It definitely looks that way when I bowl, because I love bowling, batting is boring for me. I also keep shining it once an over, not sure if this is too frequent or less frequent but I get one rough side and one sort of shinier side after 40-50 overs of play.
Did you SIM any overs? I did not get any rough side ever without sim. So are you saying we need to keep shining the ball frequently?

Last edited:

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Fed up of this shitty game. West Indies just chased down 650 on day 4 and day 5. fearsome tweak me. In my Career test match. Dumb as fearsome tweak.
10,000th message in the thread!

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quick Q

I play the Steam version

Do you guys get the "thud sound" of the ball hitting the fence/adboards?? Has it come your notice by any chance??

It use to give that satisfying / immersive feel while batting...

After the initial couple of days after launch on steam the sound went missing despite no updates from BA (except that I downloaded teams from the academy) and also all the volume levels above 0..

What could be the reason

Kindly confirm if it is a bug faced by everyone OR is it only for me...

Last edited:

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quick Q

I play the Steam version

Do you guys get the "thud sound" of the ball hitting the fence/adboards?? Has it come your notice by any chance??

It use to give that satisfying / immersive feel while batting...

After the initial couple of days after launch on steam the sound went missing despite no updates from BA (except that I downloaded teams from the academy) and also all the volume levels above 0..

What could be the reason

Kindly confirm if it is a bug faced by everyone OR is it only for me...
I also dont have the sound now. Send a ticket to BigAnt

Users who are viewing this thread