Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
Sounds like a learning curve issue or just game frustration to me. Practice your bowling in training mode or 5-over format. You don't want to use too much variation either, rather be consistent and have one or two wicket-taking-tricks up your sleeve when you need to pull it out and confuse your opponent.

Bowling 6 yorkers at midstump per over (not saying you are, just an example) is going to get less wickets than bowling good length and then mixing in some fuller balls and a yorker every so often. Short balls are a bit unpredictable so use them sparingly (I mostly use short balls to throw a 150km/h bouncer at the batsman who just hit me for a boundary). Batsman often won't even swing at balls above the waist in tests, just ducking out the way.

Test matches are always frustrating though dude, you might bowl 10 overs before you even get a whiff at taking someones wicket, that's why its called a test. If you want more action with less patience required, try ODI or even T20. (T20 on CR19 is too much of a slogfest for my liking, ODI has just the right amount of action and defensive balance, in my opinion anyway)

Try and aim for 3-4 dots then start putting the pressure on with your last couple deliveries, that seems to have the best result because the batsman wants to rotate around the end of the over.

If your looking for more information, this is pretty helpful but its a quite a read:
http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1154076/what-is-the-best-length-to-bowl-in-tests

Also make sure your bowling to your field, or change it if its not right. Your style might not suit the field and vice-versa. When bowling, you can change the field the same as the captain so make sure to utilize this as well. If your not great with setting fields, then just try some of the template ones, theres hundreds to choose from.

Yes of course. Not saying for a minute that I expect to get a wicket every ball , and want to bowl out teams for low scores all the time, of course not. Don't mind at all if they score 200 or whatever , but at the same time it's insane if the 200 is made up of say for eg 40 fours and throw in some sixes too . ie. a major percentage of runs in boundaries only. Not to mention having to consider field placements just to try and prevent(often unsuccessfully) the over powered edges that shoot to the boundary. Who knows what's being done about this if anything .

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any Console user please confirm if the patch has been released ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

When I last played (a long time ago, but i'm not aware of a patch since), the AI couldn't retain the same field for more than a ball or two in tests, couldn't reliably set a field for the format much less the situation, and it was not possible to bat against a brute bowler without receiving an extreme amount of wides/byes.

Every single one of those situations is worse than in prior games.

Plenty of other areas of the game improved, but the statement that the AI was a leap forward and could react to you how played was bullshit.

ndschan

Club Captain
I'm currently on a 1 for ball marker display time. I like it to appear late, it feels more natural to me. If it's appearing too early I'm already playing my shot before the ball has barely left the bowler's hand. I try to get it as close to the bowler's release as possible.A I'm playing around with some other settings and might go back up to 2.:lol

Glad to hear it's improved the experience for you and the others that have tried it.
Thanks @wasteyouryouth will give it a go. What's the Max Bowling Pace are you using, is it default 50, 50

ndschan

Club Captain
This game is really getting on my nerves.

Playing a test series Ind v Eng (ai) on veteran

AI always has at least one batsmen at the crease who will just score mostly in boundaries .

In the first game butler went beserk and made 185 in 2nd inns with a very large portion of it in 4 and 6 and a few other batters too .

Now just started 2 nd test and already got denly making 50 with 12 fours and only 2 singles

Lost the first test and was looking to try and comeback in the series but it’s stuff like this that really puts me off this game

What level is the bowling difficulty, if it's Very Hard, then it's pretty challenging. I bowl at Hard level, and sometimes there are partnerships which are difficult to break, wicketless the entire session. Never had the run rate issue though, maybe try lowering the AI run rate, and increase wicket chances. I use Classic control for pace and newer one for spin, select the one that suits you best. Also as other mentioned, use different strategies. I once had a tough partnership with nothing working. Started bowling wide of the crease into the stumps, with short Mid-on and short mid off with just a slip, ball reverse swung just a little bit you get a bowled, gotta have patience

D

Deleted member 185125

Does anyone have any suggestion to reduce the AI boundaries via edges?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sharing this video here as well as more people browse this thread than the gameplay video one..

Nice one

Just a quick Q

Is it necessary to keep the sub lengths (LB or RB) pressed while selecting the length (as per in game tutorials) and whether the sub lengths can be changed again during the run up?

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello ,
Can anyone help, how do I link players?? I have them in downloaded categories, but not having link symbol there.. but in other hand inside the roster of team I should add or replace them into team . How do I do to link a player which doesn't have a link symbol .

Users who are viewing this thread