TENNIS AO Tennis

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
@Dutch, it's a great chance to show off your sarcasm (I'm being sarcastic)[DOUBLEPOST=1576083720][/DOUBLEPOST]

I was very skeptical of the tie-in with BigBen, but they seem to have done a good job publicising the game so far.

I think that was more to get the game launched globally at the same time and more focus on hopefully better gameplay. I think the story side of things could of waited until possibly the next iteration of the game, still hoping they can showcase a more competent player against the AI prior to release, those guys from IGN and the other videos Stevivor showed, the people playing didn't exactly give the best gameplay experience.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Here it is again today this time while watching Australia Vs NZ..

IMG_20191212_113332.jpg IMG_20191212_113306.jpg IMG_20191212_113319.jpg IMG_20191212_113345.jpg

Though in the end it doesn't show AO tennis 2 and Big Ant or Big Ben and the other platforms.. Just Australian open..

That agent looks awfully familiar
Thats Ben Warwick who comes as default umpire in Cricket 19.. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That agent looks awfully familiar :spy

I like the idea of reputation being involved. This is something I'd like to see in Cricket with players with bigger reputations more likely to get in international teams etc rather than how it seems to currently be purely skill based.

I've done thousands of press conferences in the past on Football Manager and I worry that it'll get old quickly.

Being able to set up tournaments at the start of the year sounds good - if you could choose which tournaments to make yourself available for selection for T20 tournaments and avoid clashes etc, in Cricket, it'd be another nice thing to crossover.

Story mode doesn't particularly interest me in the slightest, but I'm perhaps more drawn to career mode in a solo sport - have a lot of fun in one on one of the older tennis games a few years back. Certainly more tempted to give this one a go than the last AO.
Looos like someone got kicked out of the Elite Panel of ICC Umpires

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Here it is again today this time while watching Australia Vs NZ..

View attachment 228592 View attachment 228593 View attachment 228594 View attachment 228595

Though in the end it doesn't show AO tennis 2 and Big Ant or Big Ben and the other platforms.. Just Australian open..

Thats Ben Warwick who comes as default umpire in Cricket 19.. :p
Sony will be broadcasting the real AO in India. Honestly, this is good. Hope we can have one for the next iteration of Cricket.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm not really into Tennis, but boy that latest dev diary has got me intrigued. The press conference is a crowd puller but I wonder how long before it gets repetitive. One way to overcome that would be perhaps release the question/answer pack once a month to update it with new content.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not really into Tennis, but boy that latest dev diary has got me intrigued. The press conference is a crowd puller but I wonder how long before it gets repetitive. One way to overcome that would be perhaps release the question/answer pack once a month to update it with new content.
I agree with this , can see it getting boring quite quickly

It’s all just fluff/hype so far for me - they need to work on gameplay but having ‘Gameplay improved’ as slogan on back of box doesn’t sell copies :p

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
My version of press conference is to enable our mic while the conference happens and allow us to answer through mic and record it.. Will make it possible to create hilarious replies.. :p

But since its a thing of reputation on line I dont think that would be possible..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
My version of press conference is to enable our mic while the conference happens and allow us to answer through mic and record it.. Will make it possible to create hilarious replies.. :p

But since its a thing of reputation on line I dont think that would be possible..
Are you considering it, Aditya?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Are you considering it, Aditya?
Haha for me everytime something like press conference or post match presentation thing comes up, I have the thought of allowing people to speak and answer the questions in their own voice through mic.. You can always patch in new questions, just to add the fun factor in game..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Haha for me everytime something like press conference or post match presentation thing comes up, I have the thought of allowing people to speak and answer the questions in their own voice through mic.. You can always patch in new questions, just to add the fun factor in game..
I mean are you considering getting AO 2?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I mean are you considering getting AO 2?
Ah!! Not a tennis guy, can play it casually but nothing more than that..

Tried playing AO tennis first version from friend's library and I really liked it.. When it comes to any game other than cricket its all about getting the aces and goals going.. I played Virtua tennis 4 for quite some time, it was right up my ally of casual tennis game.. But I feel AO tennis also has good balance in terms of casual and simulation feel just like the approach to cricket as well..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Ah!! Not a tennis guy, can play it casually but nothing more than that..

Tried playing AO tennis first version from friend's library and I really liked it.. When it comes to any game other than cricket its all about getting the aces and goals going.. I played Virtua tennis 4 for quite some time, it was right up my ally of casual tennis game.. But I feel AO tennis also has good balance in terms of casual and simulation feel just like the approach to cricket as well..
I do watch Tennis, Dad and Me watch grand slam finals sometimes. Plus, my first ever game on my cousin's PS2 and my PSP was Virtua Tennis. So, I love tennis games. Though with AO I used to get bored quickly, AO 2 seems like a deeper experience.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Will the game have any sort of commentary during gameplay?

RS: Our intent with AO Tennis 2 is to recreate the atmosphere of being at a match, in the audience. As such there is a full range of umpire calls and crowd reactions, but we opted not to include commentary in this game.

I hope this makes way to cricket too..

Users who are viewing this thread