TENNIS AO Tennis

Discussion in 'Sports Games' started by beechcroft, Aug 29, 2016.

1. beechcroft Associate Cricketer

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    Great doubles match in the Davis Cup semis. No disrespect to Lopez, and great effort by the British pair, but Nadal could probably have beaten them on his own.:)

It's got to be good advertising for AOT2 that Nadal finishes the year at No.1.

DAP said thanks for this.
  2. Tomma18 Club Cricketer

Latest trailer, lots more players confirmed plus it looks like a ton of new animation work and fleshing out of the career. Scenario mode is also confirmed ( where you can replay classic matches or create new ones).

TomW777, zimrahil, Dutch and 1 other person thanked this.
  3. beechcroft Associate Cricketer

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    Looks great! Good to hear that there's more variety in the players. That was important.

Oh, and the animated Mike Merren almost looks real :)

4. Dutch Staff Member

Dutch
    Moderator PlanetCricket Award Winner
    Wow! Some good developments there that will hopefully make their way over to cricket!

5. Madman National Board President

Madman
    National Team:
    Lots of emphasis on the cosmetics like faces, stadium exteriors and cutscenes, but the few snippets of gameplay look almost identical to the first game. :(

6. JohnnyDGaming89 Club Captain

JohnnyDGaming89
    I was mostly looking at the gameplay parts of the video, I didn't really see any of these new animations apart from what they showed on Khachanov. I hope the gameplay is old footage, but who knows.

7. DAP ICC Board Member

DAP
    AKA:
    Dharya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    As a general buyer of sports games, on different platforms, I had also bought AO Tennis 1. However, it was not something that I kept coming back to, like I did with Ashes Cricket or Cricket 19 (even older BA Games and some FIFA as well)! It was fun in bits and pieces, but not enough to keep me playing frequently!

AO Tennis 2, does sound something that I could consider. The original was better than its competitor in TWT.

Also, as a Cricket 19 fan, and the cricket series of BA in general, this game is important too. As @Dutch says, everything that comes to this game will have an improved version in their next cricket game. That's how we got a really good playface feature.

However, what I do know, I am not buying it on Switch. These are much better in home consoles.

christy_lenin1 said thanks for this.
  8. wasteyouryouth Chairman of Selectors

wasteyouryouth
    Melbourne Park looks great. Didn't play the last game, be interested to see response from community when this is released.

DAP and Dutch thanked this.
  9. DAP ICC Board Member

DAP
    AKA:
    Dharya
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    You'll create for AO 2? Community will be lucky to have you. I just hope this has me play more often than their last game.

wasteyouryouth said thanks for this.
  10. wasteyouryouth Chairman of Selectors

wasteyouryouth
    If I get the game I'd expect I'd have a look but it's a big if really.

11. beechcroft Associate Cricketer

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Middlesex
    The AO Tennis 2 reveal trailer, for anyone who hasn't seen it:

12. Cro Morgan School Cricketer

Cro Morgan

Exactly!

Big Ant has their priorities completely out of order.

The first version of the game failed largely because of the gameplay. Did Big Ant take that to heart? Apparently not as the “AO Tennis 2 : Dev Diary 1” video is bragging of how they replicated the stadiums to look “exactly how they do in real life” - they’re also touting the addition of “press rooms and conference rooms bringing more authenticity into the game.”

Of course all of this means nothing if the gameplay is bad.

Big Ant seems to be making a tennis version of The Sims, and not concentrating on what really matters.

Why is this obvious to everyone but Big Ant?!

13. Tomma18 Club Cricketer

I'd say that was to be expected considering the title of the Dev Diary was literally the AO Precinct and Players....... Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and calm down for now, one of the guys in the video even mentioned that the gameplay has been overhauled. i expect a second Dev Diary to come and it will probably have a theme/focus of the gameplay changes and motion capture.

14. Cro Morgan School Cricketer

Cro Morgan

An optimistic soul, I like that.

15. Tomma18 Club Cricketer

Honestly, i hadn't been up until this recent video. I have been quite harsh with them across social media, and that initial reveal video did nothing to change that.