MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it's Dead or Alive 6, not sure who publishes, that until recently (after outcry) was charging to change hair colour of your character.

maxresdefault.jpg

Whatever issues there are with the C19, kudos for BA for steering clear of this kind of thing. It'd be easy to add and would probably help the bottom line but, personally, I think it's just not cricket.

Imagine those outfits in a cricket game though lol. I just think people who say 'EA make a cricket game', EA were a very different company/publisher back in 2005-06 compared to now.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Imagine those outfits in a cricket game though lol. I just think people who say 'EA make a cricket game', EA were a very different company/publisher back in 2005-06 compared to now.
Definitely. EA has twice been voted the worst company in the world. I follow a few YouTube channels that are anti-DLC/Loot Boxes and EA are the worst for it. FIFA Ultimate Team is a cash cow for them and I could completely see how it could work for a cricket game and I'd hate it. You only have to look at their and other companies that are releasing annual update/new games to see how little effort they put in to the actual game.

Maz

County Cricketer
I'd like to see bowling mechanics similar to the Codemasters Ashes Cricket 2009 and International Cricket 2010. For me I feel they allow more control over how you bowl. Also similar camera settings.

Hopefully this video helps illustrate the bowling.

Goodness, this game had a lot of potential. Everything looks so realistic here, from the ground to the animations

Tim Mole

School Cricketer
Not too many changes but a few to assist with career made for me.

1. Addition of trophies won in career. Perhaps a trophy room - highly frustrating when you graft for hours and then....well....nothing

2. Injuries- bowl too long without stamina - pull a hamstring out for 3 weeks.

3. Poor form, get dropped and be told so by the captain. Play well come back in etc.

4. Over throw big needs fixing

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Then how would you describe the depth of AC13? :p

The aftermath of a Donald Trump romantic night out?

Seriously though my thoughts:

- Contracts. I tried signing to a new county team, by declining one year, and you could only sign for the same team. Quite silly really. Same said for all AI players really.
- Contracts, furthermore: Rather than signing to every league, team, man and his dog, there should be notifications that if you sign with league A, it will clash with league B, and you can only chose one.
- Ability to change voice, bowling action, batting form during career.
- (This comes down to time and resources), animations for lower, adequate, highly and world class skilled batsman.
- Animations further, if a batsman has a weakness, then perhaps a good indicator would be an uglier than looking shot. Like weakness to short balls, bad at hook shots - the batsman rushes or panics out of the way.
- Stadium creator is showing its age now, hasn't been touched since DBC 17. I wonder if its possible to allow us to use the trees used in licensed venues or created by Big Ant. Just looks silly to have gum trees at a 'sub continent' ground.
- Academy - Uniforms. If I want to download a new uniform, I shouldn't have to download an entirely new team.
- Dynamic grounds. For example Lord's has the slope across the field. WACA has searing pace. MCG is as flat as my romantic life.
- Dynamic pitches, Big Ant - it is time. Visually, pitch degradation resets after loading back into a game (been like that since DB17 so its an engine issue). Would like to see more bowler's marks (like actual particles of dirt on the pitch), puffs of dust exploding from the spinner and pacemen - which affects bounce, seam etc. I get they are trying to have the game run on lower end PCs (consoles are fine, especially for next gen), but its time to pull out the stops I think.
- Skybox. The clouds in Cricket 19 are a massive improvement over previous games, but they still have that PS2 look about them. Might be time to have static clouds, but slowly move, and morph into various weather effects, like rain in the distance, heavier clouds slowing taking over.
- Wind, does wind have an actual effect in-game? Feels like it needs to be more prominent, weather it be (see what I did there) a flag atop the stands swaying, or slight ripples in the player's clothes.

Some of these I think have merit, others are more just wishing for best case scenarios if anything. Marathon post over. Once again cricket is the winner. Back to you in the studio.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Most of the suggestions here are good.
As a player in career mode, I would like to pick and choose the series or game depending on my fatigue or fitness levels. A player simply cannot go on playing every game in a year.

There has to be an indicator which says how much fatigued overall, should be linked to injury proneness of the player. The player can take call on his participation depending on this, Resting a game or series should improve his fatigue level but hit his form a little.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Most of the suggestions here are good.
As a player in career mode, I would like to pick and choose the series or game depending on my fatigue or fitness levels. A player simply cannot go on playing every game in a year.

There has to be an indicator which says how much fatigued overall, should be linked to injury proneness of the player. The player can take call on his participation depending on this, Resting a game or series should improve his fatigue level but hit his form a little.
I would really love this but then theres an issue of how much is normal.. Say the game asks you to train your player to get those skills of strength high and people whine about it saying its "Its boring to hit the ground training" , then you are taking that factor out.. Then people would say my player has been injured for too long or player has got back to county when he was playing for international at good consistency.. Need to find the balance how to make it viable and acceptable..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i just accidentally bowled a doosra with Phil Tufnell, and took a wicket.

What would be really good was if there was a special animation for bowling a doosra with a finger spinner with no (or very little) special delivery skill and you got called for throwing.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Goodness, this game had a lot of potential. Everything looks so realistic here, from the ground to the animations
IC10 was very underrated IMO, the graphics have aged quite well I think and the gameplay was solid

IIRC had good catching system

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
International Cricket 10 was a good game, what always stood out to me was the excellent overall sound design. The animations felt a bit floaty though from memory.

Users who are viewing this thread