Editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2021 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2021 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! This is the first editor release for Cricket Captain 2021. It may be unstable. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots
:

Editor2020-07-01_1.png Editor2020-07-01_2.png Editor2020-07-01_3.png

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2021.01 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I have the editor for a previous patch of Cricket Captain 2021?
  • A: No. There are editors for previous products (e.g. CC2018, CC2019 and CC2020), but you should always update your game to the latest patch to use the editor.
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on the version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2021.00-0103/07/2021First editor for Cricket Captain 2021 (beta release).
2021.00-0213/07/2021Update for full commercial release.
2021.00-0314/07/2021Bug fixes due to memory misalignment in player data record.
2021.00-0415/07/2021Fix bug in Scout (also affecting Selection Editor and Squad Editor).
2021.00-0517/07/2021Update for latest hotfix.
2021.00-0620/07/2021Update for hotfix 5. Fixed batting stats. Incorporated new Scout loading mechanism.
2021.01-0131/07/2021Fixed bug in Scout player loading after 1st season.
2021.03-0106/11/2021Update for v21.03 and fix support for demo.
2021.03-0201/01/2022Integrate Coaching Editor and other minor updates.
2021.03-0329/01/2022Integrate Scout version 2021.03-02.
2021.04-0105/02/2022Update for v21.04 including support for demo.

Attachments

• CricketCaptain2021Editor04-01.zip
    245.1 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Cricket Captain 2021 is due to be released in 10 days. I was given access to the beta version of CC2021 so the Editor could be updated in time for the official release date.

If you are a CC2021 beta tester (and have access to Cricket Captain 2021.00), I would appreciate any feedback on the editor.

The first release of the editor (2021.00-01) will only work with the beta release of Cricket Captain 2021. As far as I can see, almost everything is now working, so only a minor Editor patch will be needed in 10 days.

Known issues:
  • Bowling stats are not displaying correctly in the editor. I believe this is because the game has been updated to include "number of dot balls bowled" stats, so it should just be a minor fix.
    • Batting stats should be working correctly from Editor version 2021.00-06 onwards.
    • Bowling stats are still broken.

Last edited:

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Awesome work @weetabixharry cant wait to test out the beta version. I hope that the editor for 2021 has better implementation for batting order, bowling order than the previous versions.

In most of my saves (post 2023), I still get wierd batting orders in matches, Evin Lewis, Tamim Iqbal, Fakhar Zaman at 8! Starc, Ishant Sharma, Roach, Gabriel as 2nd change bowlers, etc.

Yes, I know this the very reason for the editor, but it shocks me that the other games are being played with such irregularities by the AI.

Kudos! Truly appreciate it.

arindamsarkar

School Cricketer
Thanks for another editor @weetabixharry
Really looking forward to the game. :)

If I may please add one point here: I had faced few issues in the editor for CC2020 and hope that has been fixed in CC2021 editor. If I select the player type as All-Rounder and set batting order as Opener in FC, OD, T20, yet the player would always bat at No. 5/6 by default, which is a huge inconvenience.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain

If I may please add one point here: I had faced few issues in the editor for CC2020 and hope that has been fixed in CC2021 editor. If I select the player type as All-Rounder and set batting order as Opener in FC, OD, T20, yet the player would always bat at No. 5/6 by default, which is a huge inconvenience.
@arindamsarkar the issue is with the game AI not the editor. For example, it will choose the top rated opening bats and pull over the others to lower batting positions. In many instances, I had 3 openers selected, and the lowest rated one automatically goes down to 7 or 8 in the batting order. This has nothing to do with the editor unless @weetabixharry can discover some erstwhile hidden attributes that could avoid this conflict.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

I think @Prashanth S Kharche is correct. As far as I know, this happens with all openers, not just openers you create with the editor. Is that correct?

If it happens with all openers, then you should mention this to the game's developers on the official forum.

If it only happens with openers that you create with the editor, then maybe there is some problem that I don't know about.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
I think @Prashanth S Kharche is correct. As far as I know, this happens with all openers, not just openers you create with the editor. Is that correct?

If it happens with all openers, then you should mention this to the game's developers on the official forum.

If it only happens with openers that you create with the editor, then maybe there is some problem that I don't know about.
Dear @weetabixharry it happens even without using the editor. I once had Evin Lewis batting at 8 in a T20I without using the editor. Obviously, there are certain hidden attributes in the code which no one access. Also, it may affect the overall gameplay if tinkered with I presume. It seems by default opening bat's with lower skill than other batters in the line up get pushed back below 6.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thank you for this once again @weetabixharry

I'll be purchasing the game again this year and I'll test it out hopefully it'll have no issues
I've just uploaded the editor for the first commercial release of Cricket Captain 2021:
2021.00-02

(2021.00-01 only worked for the beta release).

Please report any bugs here.

arindamsarkar

School Cricketer

Got it. Thanks for the editor. I have purchased the game today and downloaded the latest editor.

BaldGarry

School Cricketer
Hey, thanks for the editor

I have a question, My batsmen have improved ability but my bowlers got worse when i edited their ability.. can you please suggest a setting for an all rounder to maximize its batting and bowling potential

It will be a big help. Thank YOU

ianqaz

School Cricketer
Hi guys I'm new to the CC21 editor this may sound like a silly question but how to I raise a players batting or bowling skill and potential? I've tried pulling up a few players but they all have offset 10%. Below is a picture of what I see in my editor is everything looking correct? What should I change? Thanks.

cc21.png

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hey, thanks for the editor

I have a question, My batsmen have improved ability but my bowlers got worse when i edited their ability.. can you please suggest a setting for an all rounder to maximize its batting and bowling potential

It will be a big help. Thank YOU
I have never really edited player abilities, so I can't offer much advice. Please tell me exactly what you did and I'll try to point out what you did wrong.

I suspect you may have increased bowling ability instead of decreasing it. (As you can see in the screenshot above, "Lower = better").

For what it's worth, I personally recommend not editing player abilities. For me, it would ruin the balance of the game. But I understand everyone enjoys the game differently.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys I'm new to the CC21 editor this may sound like a silly question but how to I raise a players batting or bowling skill and potential? I've tried pulling up a few players but they all have offset 10%. Below is a picture of what I see in my editor is everything looking correct? What should I change? Thanks.

The editor is a bit confusing because the developers of Cricket Captain requested that hidden attributes (such as batting and bowling ability) are not made visible by the editor. Their philosophy has always been that it adds to the realism of the game if we can see statistics (batting average, bowling average, etc) but not internal attributes (batting "ability", bowling "ability", etc).

So the editor doesn't show you what happens when you edit ability or potential. You just have to trust that after you hit "OK", then "Apply" the offset has been applied to their internal ability. Note that this is an "offset", not an absolute number. For example, if a batsman starts with an internal (invisible) batting ability of 1000, then offsetting it by +10% will increase it to 1100. The 10% offsets you are seeing are just defaults (they are not specific to each player).

For what it's worth, I personally recommend not editing player abilities. For me, it would ruin the balance of the game. But I understand everyone enjoys the game differently.

Users who are viewing this thread