Cricket 19 General Discussion

4th team in cpl is broken... If we select that team in any mode the game broke and does not display anything except for the headings... Needs to restart it.... This is on ps4

What are these sudden large size patches for? . Any notes about them ?
they're probably only 10-20mb in actual size but the way the game is made, in layman's terms, they need to repack the actual game file/s being affected which are probably about 200-300 mb each.

Broadcast 3 New Camera angle is not interesting below for DLC patch this was perfect why they change broadcast 3

Purchased the DLC and the patch and played Cricket 19 after a long time. "The Hundred" is a nice addition and definitely adds to the longevity of the game. Kudos to the Big Ant team for supporting the game and adding patches :clap

But as far as gameplay is concerned some of the earlier issues still remain - the main one being the leg side shots/flicks behind square on the leg side being nerfed. I'm still struggling to get the ball beyond the 30 yard circle despite getting 3 greens (1 'Ideal' and 2 'Good', or 2 'Ideal and 1 'Good') as the shot feedback on a delivery which is pitching or headed outside the leg or on the stumps. If I've to hit the ball to the boundary I've to hit the ball towards square leg or at best towards Backward Square Leg (fielding chart attached for reference). Any finer and the ball barely dribbles to the 30 yard circle making one of the primary scoring areas in cricket (Fine Leg, Long Leg) redundant.

@MattW , @HBK619 I would request the Big Ant team to make all the shots equally powerful, i.e. a square drive should be as powerful as a flick to fine leg or a straight/off/on drive. That way users can tweak the sliders to customize the shot power as desired. Currently it doesn't help much due to such a high imbalance in shot power across various shots. IMO this is one key item which is holding back the game from a batting experience perspective.

todays online challenges, could someone PLEASE explain to me how in God's name do you face 185 balls without losing a wicket in a T20 match?????????
@MattW Something wrong is happening with one of the best features of the patch, the Test the Best mode. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Purchased the DLC and the patch and played Cricket 19 after a long time. "The Hundred" is a nice addition and definitely adds to the longevity of the game. Kudos to the Big Ant team for supporting the game and adding patches :clap

But as far as gameplay is concerned some of the earlier issues still remain - the main one being the leg side shots/flicks behind square on the leg side being nerfed. I'm still struggling to get the ball beyond the 30 yard circle despite getting 3 greens (1 'Ideal' and 2 'Good', or 2 'Ideal and 1 'Good') as the shot feedback on a delivery which is pitching or headed outside the leg or on the stumps. If I've to hit the ball to the boundary I've to hit the ball towards square leg or at best towards Backward Square Leg (fielding chart attached for reference). Any finer and the ball barely dribbles to the 30 yard circle making one of the primary scoring areas in cricket (Fine Leg, Long Leg) redundant.

@MattW , @HBK619 I would request the Big Ant team to make all the shots equally powerful, i.e. a square drive should be as powerful as a flick to fine leg or a straight/off/on drive. That way users can tweak the sliders to customize the shot power as desired. Currently it doesn't help much due to such a high imbalance in shot power across various shots. IMO this is one key item which is holding back the game from a batting experience perspective.
Not only that, even the unorthodox shots are completely useless and ineffective except for reverse sweep. Most of them don't connect at all and even if they do, they don't travel much. Even the advanced shots don't feel as fluid or satisfying to hit. I would say the advanced shots peaked in DBC 14, since they were always super satisfying to hit if you time them right.

And sadly, to make matters worse, there is only one type of shot variant for the legside shots. What I mean is.....let's say you want to hit the ball towards third man. You could either deflect the ball towards that position or else perform a cut shot. But for Legside shots, that's not the case, since there is only one variant (That's probably the reason why we get only "Good" Shot choice most of the time when we try to hit towards the legside) making those shots even more ineffective. (And I noticed one more thing too, one of the most common leg side shot, is assigned to an unorthodox shot [Towards Deep Mid Wicket], which is also kind of sad.) It is a bit disappointing since I love playing the legside shots. I hope they could fix this if possible or at least try to implement this in their new game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread