Cricket 19 General Discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just want to give my man @wasteyouryouth some extra love. Started a new Ashes tour with your updated teams. Man the work you have put in them and how they add a lot of immersion to the game is brilliant. Shout out to all the modders out ther but Waste is the king of all!

Fully agree... refreshed my teams & rosters yesterday with @wasteyouryouth created teams and the game looks amazing. The appearances & kits of the players is the best I've seen. Forget about appearances - even the tattoos on players are spot on! Kudos to him and the folks who're supporting the cricket academy community creations :clap

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Not only that, even the unorthodox shots are completely useless and ineffective except for reverse sweep. Most of them don't connect at all and even if they do, they don't travel much. Even the advanced shots don't feel as fluid or satisfying to hit. I would say the advanced shots peaked in DBC 14, since they were always super satisfying to hit if you time them right.

And sadly, to make matters worse, there is only one type of shot variant for the legside shots. What I mean is.....let's say you want to hit the ball towards third man. You could either deflect the ball towards that position or else perform a cut shot. But for Legside shots, that's not the case, since there is only one variant (That's probably the reason why we get only "Good" Shot choice most of the time when we try to hit towards the legside) making those shots even more ineffective. (And I noticed one more thing too, one of the most common leg side shot, is assigned to an unorthodox shot [Towards Deep Mid Wicket], which is also kind of sad.) It is a bit disappointing since I love playing the legside shots. I hope they could fix this if possible or at least try to implement this in their new game.
Feel bad for you, game is boring tbh and has flaws in very basic areas.

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just want to give my man @wasteyouryouth some extra love. Started a new Ashes tour with your updated teams. Man the work you have put in them and how they add a lot of immersion to the game is brilliant. Shout out to all the modders out ther but Waste is the king of all!
Yes 100%. Just started playing again recreating England v India. Superb as always.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Feel bad for you, game is boring tbh and has flaws in very basic areas.
While I did point out certain flaws in the game, I never said they were game breaking. I just felt that this game has a lot of potential to be even better than it is currently, And for that to happen, those flaws must be mentioned so that the developers could know and improve their game. But still, there are many other positives in this game that outweigh the negatives. I still consider Cricket 19 to be the best cricket simulation game (YET) and I still have a lot of fun playing it.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After the latest patch in Test AI running between the wicket is very fast ... thus they are getting runout ... Is AI assuming test as New Hundred ?

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've played 2 tests since the patch, had one run out. What do you have the AI runrate set to?

1629806795271.png

When There was 2 runs before the patch now they are taking 3 runs with risk ... some times ball hits direct to stump they got out , Can you play some more matches you will see the notice

tosser182

Club Captain
Not only that, even the unorthodox shots are completely useless and ineffective except for reverse sweep. Most of them don't connect at all and even if they do, they don't travel much. Even the advanced shots don't feel as fluid or satisfying to hit. I would say the advanced shots peaked in DBC 14, since they were always super satisfying to hit if you time them right.

The unorthodox shots are a complete waste of time and a missed opportunity to add depth to the game. I couldn't believe something so totally useless would be in the game so I went into training mode and practised them and connected with 1 out of 40. It feels like they were included for a laugh at the players expense.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
See, this is how I have my tests set, and I've never had the run out issues

View attachment 254685
I've played with similar for T20 (run rate probably a little higher) after adjusting for test and then forgetting to change. (The main reason I don't go for the sliders for every format idea). It makes a T20 feel more realistic at the start, they don't smash it from ball one. But teams don't accelerate. It's like a good setting for a T20 on a used pitch - similar to those from The Hundred or last years CPL.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Save/upload Playface image option is been blocked on Player edit ?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Folks, need a little bit of help regarding footwork...

I bat using Classic controls and struggle with deliveries which are wide outside off. For the deliveries which are a little bit outside off, pointing the Left Stick (LS) towards 1'0 clock works pretty well and you get 'Good' or 'Ideal' as the feedback. But for deliveries which are quite wide outside off, no matter which direction I point LS towards - 2'0 clock, 4'0 clock or 3'0 clock, I get either 'Poor' or 'OK' as the feedback.

I want to know how're you playing the wide deliveries outside off (almost wide ones), and are you able to nail the footwork ('Good' or 'Ideal')? Do share any tips. Also, share pointers on improving footwork while facing spinners. I generally get 'OK' footwork feedback while facing spinners and edge them quite a lot. Any help/feedback is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread