Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Check the transaction history in your Playstation. It should tell you if it's refunded or not. I paid with debit card and with my experience, it takes a day or two to get back the money. If not you can write to Sony and they will do the needful. It has always worked for me :)
Thanks, I just sent mail to sony. I just see that it is showing REFUNDED but yet no message from bank no any update.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So really not much wrong, fielding is something I set to auto as I hate getting a lovely nick and then it going all slow motion just ruins the moment for me but I get others like it

Infield/outfield not happening much in tests all in all doesn't sound like the worst problem as in tests there's a lot of edges but I guess if they barely happen at all it could be improved. So from what you guys said looks like they made good improvements, I do hope AI put better fields though helps put the pressure on when we bat

And yeah @blockerdave it'd be silly to, I've just been binge watching people's channels and it looks really fun. Got me excited

You can create some exceptional games for sure.

As I have said to others previously if 22 is 19 with tweaks in the right areas we may have a close to complete cricketing game.

if it’s more just 19 with some animations and not gameplay tweaks then if you have racked up hours in 19 you made end up feeling it’s very same very quick..

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
You can create some exceptional games for sure.

As I have said to others previously if 22 is 19 with tweaks in the right areas we may have a close to complete cricketing game.

if it’s more just 19 with some animations and not gameplay tweaks then if you have racked up hours in 19 you made end up feeling it’s very same very quick..

Yeah from what I've seen of 19 looks fab. I think some of us forget (including me) how bad we had it back in the day, hoping and wishing that some coder would come along and be able to modify the game on a deeper level than just the gameplay cfgs. Luckily there's a few guys that really made games like C07 a fun experience, that guy AbBh? In particular.

With the new games you get varied dismissals like bat pads, inside edges onto the batsmens thigh then caught, expanded physics and more "freedom" on the ball and how it reacts... stuff we could only dream about before. The batting is also so much better and free, before all you would hear is "hit straight to the covers"

Okay boomer rant over :)

B

Bigby Wolf

For sure, however uncle vala setup is required, otherwise it will be raining sixes
Confused-GIF_2.gif

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One more sleep lads!
Or is the game delayed?
But Big Ant haven’t released ground training that they never mentioned they would?
What has Tim Paine done?
PlayStation gave me a refund if someone could confirm for the 20th time why that is I’d appreciate it!

Would appreciate someone answering these for me as after these last 20 pages I’m still a little unsure.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sony just messege me 7 to 10 days for refund to my credit card.
Means I have to invest 8 k to play cricket 22 thank you Ross sir.
I feel big ant should give some discount for the account who bought pre orders.
Or shall we take tims dk to the court. Haha
Post automatically merged:

Don't buy ashes you crazy or what.
Just want to say, nobody here is asking you to get the game first day. Maybe wait a little longer, till the refund is processed, and then buy it. If you have an issue, take it up with Sony not BA.

I feel everyone here has lots of other things to do besides Cricket 22.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So really not much wrong, fielding is something I set to auto as I hate getting a lovely nick and then it going all slow motion just ruins the moment for me but I get others like it

Infield/outfield not happening much in tests all in all doesn't sound like the worst problem as in tests there's a lot of edges but I guess if they barely happen at all it could be improved. So from what you guys said looks like they made good improvements, I do hope AI put better fields though helps put the pressure on when we bat

And yeah @blockerdave it'd be silly to, I've just been binge watching people's channels and it looks really fun. Got me excited
the biggest issue with the in/outfield catches is lack of variety. tbh I think edges, lbws and bowleds are way more exciting than an edge, but you do want more drama when the AI goes aerial that there MIGHT be a chance, not to mention it shines a light on some dodgy physics/scripting where the ball is forced to drop just short etc.

but don't get me wrong, c19 is a great great game. I really hope c22 takes it forward at least a bit in gameplay.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@blockerdave yeah I also prefer edges, bowled and lbw feels a lot more authentic and just the cricket nerd inside me loves the aesthetic of those dismissals :p

It’s the way catches are normally done that makes them feel cheap in Tests.. if you had a drilled drives that was caught low or flicked off the pads that went a lil aerial you wouldn’t mind.
But it’s always a shitty lofted shot in the 5th over against the new ball that just looks utterly stupid for the game situation!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
It’s the way catches are normally done that makes them feel cheap in Tests.. if you had a drilled drives that was caught low or flicked off the pads that went a lil aerial you wouldn’t mind.
But it’s always a shitty lofted shot in the 5th over against the new ball that just looks utterly stupid for the game situation!

Yeah that is a very good point actually because evwn in real life I love seeing the main 3 dismissals but a shot caught from a low and hard strike either off the pads or a flashing drive is also very exciting to see. The floaty ariel stuff does look very unappealing and just not exciting at all

Users who are viewing this thread