Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone seen the AI hit a six yet?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay. Wasn't aware of that forward defensive error which is clearly a red flag and a issue. That being said there are positives with the game and its typical of people to always moan and harp about problems which in *some* cases will be fixed within weeks.

As far as cricket games go its got a platform to be better than 19 as it currently is, and I'm sure will be.

I've seen catches in the outfield too so it's not a once in a blue moon kind or thing.

Have you seen them from an AI batsman in a test?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay, so played two (rain affected) sessions of my first test match betwixt England and New Zealand batting and these are my thoughts...
View attachment 258576

Very England vibez from this scorecard. Anyways...

• First of all commentary is LO focussed and dire and should be re-recorded, preferably when Mike Atherton has had a coffee. Gower the best of the rest and sounds natural. The other three sound like they are robots reading.
  • Secondly... the lack of front foot offside defensive is terrible. Luckily you can play back-foot defensive even to full balls but if it's just outside off and yellow or blue your best bet is to play a straight drive or try and clip it atm which is poor. It's how poor Dan Lawrence was done by Wagner.
  • Running isn't just backfoot shots, there is a slight delay even on front foot shots, it is quite noticeable and both that and the backfoot shots need to be tweaked in order to make the game more fluid. Many times I had Root forward, driving and then stutter stepping his way to starting to run costing me a second
  • Also backfoot straight shots when I'm wanting to drive to Long-on are turning into pull shots too often and I am defoz playing straight.
  • Too many overthrows from the AI. I've got about 20ish runs from them.
  • I set the time of day for this test match to start at 11am when I started yesterday but when I've reloaded today it's got a 1pm start and is now a day/night test but I am still using the red ball.
  • No time of day on the scorecard either which needs to come back please.
  • Kyle Jamieson's nose. MY GOD.

Those things said there is a good game in here. Frustrations noted above aside I enjoyed these sessions of cricket, recovering from the collapse and getting into a groove with Root and Pope. The animations are much better and more fluid than C19 and it makes a big difference to the actual batting itself so people calling this a re-skin are underselling it if you ask me. The driving for example looks a lot, lot better. Obviously I haven't bowled yet and hopefully won't be soon but there is definitely a decent game in here and it has the potential to be much better than C19 but those egregious things noted above need to be sorted in order for that to happen.

ALSO ADD BACK TOUR MODE!

i think this is harsh on Alison Mitchell who i think is the best of the commentators in terms of expression by a country mile.

the rest are awful though.

hardik4cs

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One little thing I like in career mode, when batting and playing against spin, this was my selected weakness, the dualshock vibrates, to create nerves I guess. Fun little detail.
Are you playing on hard difficulty and hard(pro) AI in career mode? I had selected spin as weakness too but for some reason I can't play any ground or attacking shots plus also can't defend good pitch delivery I had practiced a lot and finally got to defend full deliveries but still can't hit the ball.
Post automatically merged:

One little thing I like in career mode, when batting and playing against spin, this was my selected weakness, the dualshock vibrates, to create nerves I guess. Fun little detail.
Are you playing on hard difficulty and hard(pro) AI in career mode? I had selected spin as weakness too but for some reason I can't play any ground or attacking shots plus also can't defend good pitch delivery I had practiced a lot and finally got to defend full deliveries but still can't hit the ball

swagat das

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The things that i am facing is i can play lofted leg side shots but when i am doing that off side it goes for grounded shot. Anyone else facing the same?

Yes the fielding is same as C19, But after the patch AI is dropping every catch(literally every catch) but the same fielder is hitting stumps everytime for a run out chance.WOW!!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Quick question: Has anyone played a domestic match, for example a Sheffield Shield match, and if so are the stadiums still packed out like they were in C19?

I hope this is not the case because a Shield match at the MCG per say would usually only have 1000 people attending each day of the match. Like someone else said a few pages back there should be an option to set crowd capacity in the match settings - 10%, 20%, 30% etc.

Users who are viewing this thread