Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

KatyBradman

School Cricketer
Okay. Wasn't aware of that forward defensive error which is clearly a red flag and a issue. That being said there are positives with the game and its typical of people to always moan and harp about problems which in *some* cases will be fixed within weeks.

As far as cricket games go its got a platform to be better than 19 as it currently is, and I'm sure will be.

I've seen catches in the outfield too so it's not a once in a blue moon kind or thing.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
1) Does the keeper still pretend to catch the ball even if the batsman has played it? More importantly, does the keeper dive and fall down for short balls that the batsman has played somewhere else?

Nope Keeper doesn't do that but its slightly late to respond when spinner bowls. No diving around either.

2) Do the fielders still circle around the ball, let is pass them and THEN start to run after it? Do the fielders at the boundary try to stop the ball but still accidentally touch the boundary rope?

Fielders in the circle are more reactive but dont expect responses from them like in real life.

3) Do we have any direct control over hitting the stumps vs throwing the ball at the keeper? Instead of just 'quick throwing' which is useless vs hard throwing which takes so much time the batsmen are home anyway?

Yes, we can choose to hit the stumps or throw to keeper/bowler.

4) Does the AI have any sort of match awareness now? In 19 they'd be 58/7 in a test match but the batsmen would still try to drive every ball for four, succeeding a couple of times but edging the next and getting out cheaply instead of rebuilding their innings.

AI tried to whack everything in the last over of a T20 instead of proding like in C19.

5) Does the ball still go through the bat sometimes and hit the wickets/legs?

Have not witnessed in c19 and certainly not in C22 either.

6) Do we now have any control over playing a leg glance vs pull/hook or does the batsman still make that decision on its own?

If you are playing with pro controls certainly, not sure about standard controls.

7) For D/N games, after the light turns on, do the highlights package have proper replays of daytime play? Or does the entire highlight package is still shown in floodlights, even though that part of the game was played in daylight.

Not sure bout this one.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
This killed me...

I was playing a bit of club cricket in career mode. In my 2nd game, nerves settled after making my club debut the week before, enjoying some time at the crease in sunny conditions, perfect for batting, ready to dig in for the day, when I play a nicely timed pull shot and try to set off for the run, when my batsman decides to admire the shot for 6 to 7 business days, then he checks his Twitter feed, makes a cup if tea and eventually sets off for the run doing a little bit of a dance first and as expected I get run out by a mile...

The following game, I play the exact same pull shot and this time I decline the run and save myself from being run out the exact same way... then the commentator says something like, "they really shouldn't be turning down these easy singles..." yeah you can only imagine the look on my face after that comment... Hahaha FFS!! I really hope they fix this running issue ASAP.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
For anyone who has played a test, does the pitch /ball change at all during the course of the game? And if so, does this have any impact on the way the game plays?

D

Deleted member 185125

Does anyone have details on what's changed in the latest patch for steam?

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For the first time i played a whole day of Ashes Test from ball 1 to last ball of the day.

- Game is very fast. Cut scenes are not working between overs. I can not see time in the scorecard.
- When i click option for weather and forecast, i does not appear at the bottom score bar
- Ball is not shining, ball is not getting old as it is used to be in the Cricket 19. On the ground ball looks absolutely flat.
- Again keeper is missing at least 1 bouncer in the over and going for 4. ( That has to be solved in any any case)
- Commentary support on/off option is not working. In the middle of the game if you disable or enable any commentator then its not working.
- Crowd noise is dull, not reacting to the boundaries or wickets.
- AI run outs every now and then. Running madly without thinking
- At the end of the day flood lights are not working but still i see 2-3 shadows of players.

OK now some great positives.
- Camera angles looks great. Replay cameras are as good as a real one.
- Bowling action of some main bowlers are great
- New shots are very impressive,
- Commentary teams are very good but it will be great if we get option to pick 2 or commentators for a game.
- Ball movements, swing, seam are very impressive.
- Game play is smoother than cricket 19

What i want to see

- Little bit of extra intro before the start of the game. Players interview, running, practicing, chatting will be great.
- During the drinks break, I would also love to see bowling team taking drinks
- At the end of the inning, more cut scenes of the crowd, players, dressing room, onterviews.
- At the end of the session, both the teams walking in stadium and also pitch roller comes out, more cut scenes.
- Would love to see long shadows during sunset with lights on and red/orange sky sunset . ( Remember Brian Lara cricket )
- Crowd option like full capacity, half full or less capacity.

I am sure many of the bugs will be fixed. It's a good game and sure it will become perfect with few patches fix.

-------

-

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
This killed me...

I was playing a bit of club cricket in career mode. In my 2nd game, nerves settled after making my club debut the week before, enjoying some time at the crease in sunny conditions, perfect for batting, ready to dig in for the day, when I play a nicely timed pull shot and try to set off for the run, when my batsman decides to admire the shot for 6 to 7 business days, then he checks his Twitter feed, makes a cup if tea and eventually sets off for the run doing a little bit of a dance first and as expected I get run out by a mile...

The following game, I play the exact same pull shot and this time I decline the run and save myself from being run out the exact same way... then the commentator says something like, "they really shouldn't be turning down these easy singles..." yeah you can only imagine the look on my face after that comment... Hahaha FFS!! I really hope they fix this running issue ASAP.

I like the idea of a slight delay when you've played a sweep or a pull, where your momentum isn't on the front foot but I agree it's way too much at the minute.

Michaelrh

School Cricketer
Not sure if this has been posted or if doing anything wrong, on the academy when I go to search for teams to download created ones, it’s only coming up with 32 teams created in the academy and none of them are legit. Can anyone give me any tips please?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Game looks really good under Contrast filter... Yes player looks little darker in that, but overall game feels really great...

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
What i want to see

- Little bit of extra intro before the start of the game. Players interview, running, practicing, chatting will be great.
At the start of a test match between England and the West Indies the players were throwing a ball around and Hameed was practising in a net that had been rolled onto the ground. Possibly just Ashes Tests you don’t get this?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I played a pullshot in career mode and the commentator said that "that shot had a westindian flavour to it.". Got to hear many such new additions. If the game is bit more polished, minus the bugs I'm sure most of us will enjoy it more than C19.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Okay, so played two (rain affected) sessions of my first test match betwixt England and New Zealand batting and these are my thoughts...
1638435348103.png

Very England vibez from this scorecard. Anyways...

• First of all commentary is LO focussed and dire and should be re-recorded, preferably when Mike Atherton has had a coffee. Gower the best of the rest and sounds natural. The other three sound like they are robots reading.
  • Secondly... the lack of front foot offside defensive is terrible. Luckily you can play back-foot defensive even to full balls but if it's just outside off and yellow or blue your best bet is to play a straight drive or try and clip it atm which is poor. It's how poor Dan Lawrence was done by Wagner.
  • Running isn't just backfoot shots, there is a slight delay even on front foot shots, it is quite noticeable and both that and the backfoot shots need to be tweaked in order to make the game more fluid. Many times I had Root forward, driving and then stutter stepping his way to starting to run costing me a second
  • Also backfoot straight shots when I'm wanting to drive to Long-on are turning into pull shots too often and I am defoz playing straight.
  • Too many overthrows from the AI. I've got about 20ish runs from them.
  • I set the time of day for this test match to start at 11am when I started yesterday but when I've reloaded today it's got a 1pm start and is now a day/night test but I am still using the red ball.
  • No time of day on the scorecard either which needs to come back please.
  • Kyle Jamieson's nose. MY GOD.

Those things said there is a good game in here. Frustrations noted above aside I enjoyed these sessions of cricket, recovering from the collapse and getting into a groove with Root and Pope. The animations are much better and more fluid than C19 and it makes a big difference to the actual batting itself so people calling this a re-skin are underselling it if you ask me. The driving for example looks a lot, lot better. Obviously I haven't bowled yet and hopefully won't be soon but there is definitely a decent game in here and it has the potential to be much better than C19 but those egregious things noted above need to be sorted in order for that to happen.

ALSO ADD BACK TOUR MODE!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I played a pullshot in career mode and the commentator said that "that shot had a westindian flavour to it.". Got to hear many such new additions. If the game is bit more polished, minus the bugs I'm sure most of us will enjoy it more than C19.

David Gower? I think he's been a breath of fresh air, even if when the use of his lines is not always reflective of the action, the upward inflections in his voice seem to allow lines to be stitched together and sound lively. Athers on the other hand sounds like he's just buried his pet spaniel.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One little thing I like in career mode, when batting and playing against spin, this was my selected weakness, the dualshock vibrates, to create nerves I guess. Fun little detail.

Users who are viewing this thread