Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
we need academy for creating purpose for free on steam . many are waiting for .. we get unlicensed teams , players quickly if they release only academy for free on steam /

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Folks, quick question... how do you select custom difficulty in a match created using 'Play Now' option? You can select match settings, stadiums, pitch and lineups, but I can't see any option where I can specify a custom difficulty the way I could in Cricket 19. It only allows me to select the OOB difficulty settings, i.e. Easiest, Easy, Normal, Hard and Hardest.

If anyone knows how to specify Custom difficult in Play Now mode, please let me know.
In case no one has answered this, yes you can set a custom difficulty in a Play Now match.
In Settings/Difficulty, there is a line at the top that says Manage Custom Difficulties. Select that, then New, and set up your desired difficulty.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I'm one who uses semi-auto fielding and totally agree that fielding athleticism has been poor for a long time. Batting and bowling are put together in the game pretty well mechanically in C19, but fielding is the most unrealistic element of the game. I find the tap back useful, but only in rare circumstances, diving is pretty much non-existent.
Fielding is the one thing that could do with some improvements. The new direct hit mechanic is nice but doesn’t address any of the other fielding issues eg: fielders taking for ever to respond to the ball sailing just past them whether it be to the left or right or above there head the only time they react is once the ball has gone past them. Also dropped catches reaction times of the fielders (when picking up the ball) can be very slow. “Dropped catch…. Do de do do… oh crap I still got to pick up the ball” mean while batters can almost get another run. Plus fielders sometimes not in the right position to take the catch. instead of trying to catch it like a normal cricketer they turn around as the ball is just about head hight and let it hit there back. The ball used to go through the player and be caught, now it just hits there back. Why doesn’t the fielder take a couple of steps back and attempt to catch the ball?
Also they need to add proper diving and sliding mechanics/controls. Could be easily done I reckon. If you have the chance for a dive catch or a slide to stop a potential boundary, there should be a button you can press (whatever the situation) that triggers either the dive or slide. Furthermore you could have it’s so timing based (based off the players fielding stats/skills) aswell so if you trigger it too early or too late you might missed it all together or fumble/drop it. However if you time it correctly you could get a awesome catch or slide that saves runs. This could all be done with a timing window based of the players fielding stats and skills. The better fielding stats you have the bigger the timing window (to pull it off) you have. Just an idea lol

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone found that bowling the ball quicker/slower doesnt work? X/LT for slower or B/RT for quicker. Cant pass the last pace bowling tutorial, tested in a match too and pressing those buttons dont seem to make any difference but they register to bowl the delivery.

adnan333

Club Captain
I read all comments people are so negative come on people they will fix it just give them time I’m enjoying it I know there is some bugs but that will fix soon plus I’m lucky my forward defense are working

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

At the risk of writing things that you’ve already read…

It’s bad!

I’ll back Big Ant to patch and make it playable but this is disappointing. I’ve seen people write that they need to rebuild the engine. I thought that was what they’d done to some extent. I mean, they said “started from scratch”. Maybe they just mean the players and I guess engine is the actual feel/execution of the game. The feel of hitting the ball is fine and bowling’s okay. This certainly looks LO dominated and the colours don’t fill me with confidence for a Test match feeling real. I did at least get through a Five5 without a crash but the clouds were all over the place, my first throw went for overthrows (As did some others), run delay obviously and they dropped everything. I didn’t get a chance. In part because the fielders stopped well short.

The players look okay in replays but in real-time they look like something I’d expect from a 90s game or yeah, something on your phone. The kits look like some skintight… errr, clothing.

Yes the HUD looks nice! It’s very clear.

I know people have asked about Tour but where is CUSTOM COMPETITION? Not create new, I mean actually custom one. If that’s gone!!!

I disabled stats but they still recorded. Bit worried about what I’ve read re: changing players names/faces etc and only names saving. I want to create loads but will it even be worth it for this game.

It’s just a Five5 (At night) and yes I’ve read/watched a lot (Influenced?) but am I going to play some of the thrilling Tests and even ODIs of past games? I don’t know!

Clean white menu screens are much better.

Apologies, a bit of an all over the place ramble. I have hope but can’t say that I’m convinced this is/will be an improvement.

Kind of regretting giving Cricket19 to my mate’s kid!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Guys it's not like it was not in game. Before the last patch it was there. When they did rapid patching this went through a hole. There is fixing coming by tomorrow 2pm australia time.
So they can take it out in 5 minutes not put it back in for a day and a half.

A moment’s testing would have prevented it

Users who are viewing this thread