Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’ve played all of Big Ant’s cricket games and got a lot out of them. I’d like to think that buying the game and reporting the odd bug was me doing my bit.

At the moment, I’m creating a few players for my team every night as well as playing a Five5 to have some grasp of what’s going on gameplay wise. Clearly things aren’t great but I’m optimistic that we can have some sort of working game. I preferred previous graphics/players but will take this if it works. I absolutely love the kit design possibilities.

I know that a lot of people have been irked by the ‘temporary’ loss of Tour Designer. I personally long for the return of Competition Designer. I mean with 32 international teams, I could play some exhaustive Test leagues or T10 knockouts etc.

I hope that Career Mode works for everyone. What’s always been great is the variety/custom options that have allowed so many of us to play the games the way that we want.

I feel like licencing is a double edged sword. I’d rather have a decent game with unlimited custom options but no licences than have even a single licence but crap fielders/no Competition Designer. I hope that the effort I’m putting into creating players etc isn’t wasted by this game not getting fixed. I’m optimistic that they’ll drag it upto scratch but doubt it’ll be much better than anything before. I wasn’t expecting the wheel to be reinvented but did anticipate improvement.

I’m on PS4. It seems like Xbox users are worse off but history tells me that though a patch can improve things, it can also damage other things. I don’t really play many other games and am grateful that Ross communicates and the team are trying to fix things.

I’ve always loved the thrill of wicket taking in previous games and the genuine challenge of batting, the twists and turns of Test matches in particular as well as ODI chases and the odd short form biff/thrill of denying the opposition a successful chase.

I’ve probably missed a few things out and this is just another ramble from another user but I really want to play a good immersive cricket game. I can remember some classic matches/competitions etc on previous titles and have always been so impressed that people can make a cricket computer game at all.

I do wonder about these new users who’ve picked up the game never to do so again… and for the old users too, though if nobody else is making cricket games…

Anyway, fingers crossed!

Abcd9994

Club Captain
I just had a BBL game where I was not able to release the ball at the right time. Hence the weak release and was getting smacked. It was happening only with some bowlers. Once I went from hard difficulty to medium, the problem got fixed. Is anyone else facing this issue. I am on ps4.

Also the game crashed while trying to download teams. Not being able to edit the opposition team's lineup is also frustrating. If tomorrow's patch doesn't come out good I am going for a refund.
I have faced the same issue while bowling, I play on Steam. Was playing test match as England, and I was not able to get a single Ideal Release with James Anderson/Stuart Broad. Didn't face this issue with any of the other bowlers that I used in that test match- Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Dawid Malan. I have only tested on Hard difficulty, not sure about Medium. This is a big issue imo. Glad to know that I'm not the only one facing this problem! There's some strange issue with the release window in Cricket 22... I can't quite put my finger on what exactly is wrong, but never faced anything like this in Cricket 19.

Is anybody else aware of this issue? @midhun333 request you to raise this bug at support.bigant.com as well please. The more number of people that flag this to them, the faster they will resolve it I think.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just started a test, on Legend AI, so, in theory, the hardest level and best AI etc.

They are 23/3 after two suicidal run outs already.

Fielding and running is absolutely killing this game.
It’s like a case of deja vu because wasn’t this the case at this stage in previous titles?

I guess that the positive is they’ve fixed it before but we were expecting improvement… not struggling to get back to square one!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well after playing for 2 days or so I’m actually enjoying it. Yeah it’s not perfect but it’s definitely an improvement on C19. The new batting and bowling animations look a lot smoother. Yeah I experienced the odd “AI doesn’t know what to do” but for the most part it’s been good. I’m still in club mode though. I’m enjoying the new career mode improvements. Not all of them work (or seem to for me eg nets? Can’t win any silly games at the gym?)
There’s a lot of negativity here - fair enough - companies are getting used to releasing unfinished games because “everyone does it ” - not good enough. come on BA - I’ve/we’ve supported you right from before DB14. Dont let us down now.
I feel this opinion comes closest to what I think, though I am yet to try career mode. I am having fun with the game, but want more updates for sure.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have faced the same issue while bowling, I play on Steam. Was playing test match as England, and I was not able to get a single Ideal Release with James Anderson/Stuart Broad. Didn't face this issue with any of the other bowlers that I used in that test match- Chris Woakes, Ben Stokes, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Dawid Malan. I have only tested on Hard difficulty, not sure about Medium. This is a big issue imo. Glad to know that I'm not the only one facing this problem! There's some strange issue with the release window in Cricket 22... I can't quite put my finger on what exactly is wrong, but never faced anything like this in Cricket 19.

Is anybody else aware of this issue? @midhun333 request you to raise this bug at support.bigant.com as well please. The more number of people that flag this to them, the faster they will resolve it I think.
Gonna raise this issue right now. I am pretty much sure that the developers must be aware of each and every bug in the game. I mean they must have played it once before they release the game. I find it as absolute negligence. Not being harsh on them but they have been making cricket games for a while now. They must know what all could possibly go wrong. Still they repeat the same mistakes or even new mistakes in a better manner. I was trying to find the positives in the game. But these kind of bugs just spoil the whole experience. Big Ant should fix this game in a week or give refund to the users who wish for that. I understand that there is a good game underlying there. But with these kind of game breaking bugs it is impossible to enjoy it. They could have atleast compared it with their last game before charging 4000 INR from the buyers.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Don’t understand the release issue - I don’t even use the meter and can do it?

Some bowlers are tougher than other but if you set your release window prior to the game in the difficulty you should be fine.

Woakes jump and release is earlier and later than Anderson’s for example.
Post automatically merged:

On the run outs in Tests I bowled 150 overs yesterday’s without a single run out with run rate at 20.. give it a whirl.
Also wack up ball bounce and the ball with bounce over the stumps rather than direct hits.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I have only played career mode so far and although I think they've added some nice touches to this, it feels a little unfinished. For instance, if I ask the coach to recommend training...he has only ever sent me to the nets...even as a bowling all-rounder, I've only been sent for batting practice in the nets. Maybe after a few more hours and games this will change...but has anyone seen the coach do anything else yet? The design concept of career mode is also flawed. Why would Atherton and Gower be commentating on a club match in the North of England? How is club cricket providing ball tracking and replays? Theses elements should be added as your career progresses and be appropriate to the context of the game. And whilst I'm OK with seeing the Big Ant staff umpiring at club level...if they still turn up at County level and beyond (and all over the world)...I will be very disappointed.

In game play has the same issues that previous iterations have had, which is disappointing. I suspect 99% of the code is unchanged. So we still have the bowler being paralysed after delivering the ball, allowing the batter to take a leisurely single as the ball rolls past you. When you are batting, however, the bowler is diving to stop the ball. Fielders and wicket keeper are still happy to let the ball bounce in front of them rather than taking a catch...and, as a spinner, I know there is no chance of a stumping because the batter never leaves the crease and the wicket keeper is far too slow to react anyway. Also why is red ball cricket played at night? Where have the scoreboards gone that told you information like time of day, RRR etc.?

Graphics seem to have errors that were previously in the game engine. For instance, the sun renders in front of clouds (I've seen it render infront of stands in previous iterations, like it has tickets for a seat in the top tier stand...but haven't progressed career mode yet to see if this is still the case) and it also doesn't look like the sun with its weird starburst effect:
66uqSOA.png

Also the lighting always seems too bright. The player models are also very strange. The physique is odd to start with and the defaults seem to have strange, flat elongated heads that are seem like they should be turning out for Easter Island.

QUyzbET.png

I will continue with the game and hope that BA can patch some things but fear that, again, there will be so many design and implementation flaws that it won't hold my attention for long. I hope I'm wrong on this.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
No New ball Options I can see After 80 Overs bowling

1638711599833.png

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I’d rather have a decent game with unlimited custom options but no licences
This..

It was exactly my view with Cricket 19, a solid game (compared to this) with bonus of two licensed teams. Hurray, Sign me up !

At this point, what I can think of BA's issue might've been is the Licenses and them being a 'Curse in Disguise'

I'm not saying, I don't welcome the list of Licenses been added to the game, its a 'Cherry' on Top. But problem here is what lies beneath the Cherry here is lacking in its own Potential, so to say..

I've seen few shots and some almost wicket taking deliveries which are Insane when compared to C19 but, at the moment they are only in 'bits & pieces' if you will.

So I hope & sincerely pray that they iron out the issues, some of which are absurdly present and make this game a fitting Successor to Cricket 19.

Users who are viewing this thread