Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This happened to me as well and I don't get the physics part of it.

In my understanding, if we play a shot 'Early' it makes sense for it go up in air, because we would have been through the shot 'early' and by the time the ball contacts the bat, the batter would've already played out the shot and just lob up in the air off that still bat.

And vice versa, if we time a shot 'Late' it means that we are late to the ball and we should be getting like edges, either to fielders(preferably behind) or onto the stumps, because we are not 'ready' with our bat in time (late) and any inside/outside edge should happen..

But I feel at the moment, its actually in reverse.

I can even convince myself if I'm early and edge it, but what doesn't sit right with me is lobbing the ball up for being late.
Makes sense, in terms of what timing you'd need to get elevation.

I'm just happy that there is a penalty for getting shot timing wrong, even if it doesn't quite pass the "how physics actually works" test :-D

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Was mucking around with some Five5s around an hour ago when the PS4 patch came through…

Incessant appealing when fielders hit stumps has stopped. Umpires are now also calling wides including the leg side ones that were so noticeably ignored.

I also took a great catch by my wicketkeeper where, not a cat in hell’s chance was I going to be able to react to the catching circle but he dropped it above his head then caught it in front of him. I mean, technically you could argue that he shouldn’t have because I didn’t provide any input (Other than trying to catch the original chance) but still, it looked cool!

Commentary still seems a second too soon when it comes to caught/bowleds and Athers always thinks that a caught behind is an appeal for a stumping. I’m timing the ball crap too (Hopefully partially at least issues that others have raised/Prefered format is Tests so less important than if was playing shorter formats) and can’t prevent some no balls but hopefully we’re getting there.

Oh, and I’ve noticed that the grass sticks thought the coin… it’s bloody annoying!

Stadiums look good (Don’t mind crowd either), score HUD is beautiful/clear, AI catching is better, bowling is hinting at feeling as enjoyable as previous games, some encouraging contests with bat and I actually like the fielding mechanic now that’s it’s not every ball but the opposition batsmen often seem to get safely home regardless. Did come close to one but typically threw to ‘keeper not stumps!

Ball rotation looks really good too as do replays in general.

I was concerned when this game out and there may be ramifications but we’re closing in on having a good, challenging and playable game. The look of players is different but I’m only playing as Big Ant at mo so hope that playing with wider variety of characters (And beautifully designed custom kits!) will enhance things.

Hope everybody’s getting patched to perfection and getting the most out of the game!

sahil1087

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It’s not too bad right now. Trust me, the game is more than playable and it's good. Stop listening to all the negative comments here and build your own feedback. I mean I have seen people complain about logos of cricket 22 as well. There will never be an end to criticism, it's sad but true!!
I learnt my lesson not to buy on day of release after 19. Now the question is do I spend the money on it for PS4 and keep the faith it will be playable or just buy Diablo 2 resurrected - which is che

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Another thing to note…

Is if you lower bounce the AI can bowl normal (green deliveries) and still hit your poles or LBW which then creates so many extra deliveries in which they can get you out from..

I miss timed a drive to Hazlewood yesterday and it went through the gate clipping middle.

normally I never get bowled in a cricket game.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Another thing to note…

Is if you lower bounce the AI can bowl normal (green deliveries) and still hit your poles or LBW which then creates so many extra deliveries in which they can get you out from..

I miss timed a drive to Hazlewood yesterday and it went through the gate clipping middle.

normally I never get bowled in a cricket game.
What are you on at the moment? As i said i found 30/35 sometimes caused issues with chances carrying, but im willing to stick with if you are seeing different?

Also im thinking 30 for AI run rate in tests is about right?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ive had two ring catches and one outfield drop in a test from the AI, the first in about 18 months.

Two cover drives straight at the fielder, one short cover off Leach, the other at cover off Anderson. One drop, Hameed playing the swan slog shot off his leg, dropped by Starc at fine leg.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
It’s not too bad right now. Trust me, the game is more than playable and it's good. Stop listening to all the negative comments here and build your own feedback. I mean I have seen people complain about logos of cricket 22 as well. There will never be an end to criticism, it's sad but true!!
Yeah if you can ignore the fact that one whole aspect of the game of cricket is bugged as Silly Point mentioned, if you play tests only you won't feel it as much but in shorter format it is near unplayable unless you're into just torturing yourself.

The cosmetic stuff and lack of mode stuff I agree it can be overboard but I'm very much a gameplay first guy, if you gave me a game with only "Play Now" and good gameplay I'd take it.

Bowling however, can't say I have too many complaints by far the most fun part of the game
Post automatically merged:

Up the pace see what happens!
So the trick is when bowling or batting to lower bounce and up pace?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Just Noticed in career that if you pick all perks like offside skill, cut, drive, Blackfoot etc you can play better off side shots in career. Anyone who has this issue in offside, just try this and see. There is a difference for sure.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Just Noticed in career that if you pick all perks like offside skill, cut, drive, Blackfoot etc you can play better off side shots in career. Anyone who has this issue in offside, just try this and see. There is a difference for sure.
It's not only in career but in general as well, currently you need good skilled batters to explore offside.

Users who are viewing this thread